PDA

View Full Version : I've gotta new toy!!

PSmonkey
July 31st, 2006, 18:41
I've gotta new toy, *sticks toung out like a 5 year old*.

hehe

Anyways I got a new toy in the mail today. I sold off an arcade game to get this. Its a brand new clear red n64 + Dk 64 game.

The reason I did this is because I have a second toy comming in 1-2 weeks which I plan to probe more then an alien probes a specimin. That in turn will hopefuly lead to M64 being the first n64 emu to suport ***** (censored untill ready, yet you can probably take a good guess what it is).

Either way Dk64 is actualy fun (I never played it before). I also have restored a new sense of enjoyment in the n64 and gonna go tinker with the m64 code later.

--edit--
I posted shots of DK64 box because I found it interesting how they just made a bigger box to fit both a normal Dk64 & expansion pak in together. This is different then the USA box which is a custom made box to hold an expansion pak & cart together.

Malksta
July 31st, 2006, 18:43
Hehe hope you have fun with ur n64 :p

Video_freak
July 31st, 2006, 18:44
i have the exact same pack except mine is clear green :)

PSmonkey
July 31st, 2006, 18:46
oh yeah i forgot to mention that everything is japanese for a reason. ;)

Kramer
July 31st, 2006, 18:47
dk64 so im geussing the expansion pak but i dont know if it has been done before or not.

PSmonkey
July 31st, 2006, 18:51
dk64 so im geussing the expansion pak but i dont know if it has been done before or not.

I bought DK for the expansion pak. I did not feel like wasting a week on ebay looking for a used one. So I bought jpn dk.

FYI everything is new and not used (so it cost a huge freaking pretty penny).

Anyways I need the expansion because the "other device" is missing its expansion that is normaly included. ;) ;)

DPyro
July 31st, 2006, 18:56
Heheh, you couldnt have put any more hints in there even if you tried. :p

Kramer
July 31st, 2006, 18:57
i still got my n64 but ive only got goldeneye and super mario64 sold all my good games like zelda oot a long time ago now i wish i still had them becuase i dont want to buy them again. plus my controls are all stuffed and its hard to find good controls anymore which suck stupid joysticks always break after a while.

PSmonkey
July 31st, 2006, 19:19
i still got my n64 but ive only got goldeneye and super mario64 sold all my good games like zelda oot a long time ago now i wish i still had them becuase i dont want to buy them again. plus my controls are all stuffed and its hard to find good controls anymore which suck stupid joysticks always break after a while.

Only game I got left is bomberman64 and sadly that wont fit into a jpn system unless.

a) i cut the cart
b) remove the plastic stopper on the n64
c) buy a cart that will let me plug in usa games into a jpn system (really the only thing holding usa games from working on a jpn system and vise versa is two plastic pieces on the inside of the n64 cart slot).

Tempted to do B but dont want to open my brand new system just yet.

Zion
July 31st, 2006, 19:23
LOL, what camera is that? The picture quality isnt great :p

Nice to hear your working on Monkey64 again :D

Video_freak
July 31st, 2006, 19:30
ya M64 needed a quick update :)

PSmonkey
July 31st, 2006, 19:42
LOL, what camera is that? The picture quality isnt great :p

Nice to hear your working on Monkey64 again :D

Sony Erricson P900 cell phone. :P

Its camera is not that great. I need a newer SE phone but no way in hell is my gf gonna let me spend that much on a phone again.

BrooksyX
July 31st, 2006, 19:56
I hope this leads to some great improvements for monkey64. Kepp up updated if you make any breakthroughs:)

Kaiser
July 31st, 2006, 20:37
Is it 64DD?.....*shot*

PSmonkey
July 31st, 2006, 21:44
Is it 64DD?.....*shot*

Ooo right though the heart.

The mistery box has been destroyed.

BrooksyX
July 31st, 2006, 22:26
Ooo right though the heart.

The mistery box has been destroyed.

Now that we know what this is, what does it do.
(Sorry I never had the chance of owning an n64 my stingy parents bought me a snes when the n64 came out.)

Edit: Nevermind, I understand now. It was the disk drive for the n64 that was never released in the U.S.
I hope you can get this working well and are there any good games for the 64DD.

GeEkPiE
July 31st, 2006, 22:26
yayyyyyy DK reeeeeee donkeykong doo do DK errrrr donkey kong

iv completed it on N64:D

sroon
July 31st, 2006, 22:40
ooohh you have a real nice/sexy thumb monk!
lol jk!
its good to hear a good update bro!

DPyro
July 31st, 2006, 22:55
I've seen him :p

PsychoSync
July 31st, 2006, 23:43
Monkey that is SO great!! There is no emulator for this, well i've been playing around with emulators for about 10 years now and i've never seen a 64DD emulator! Maybe people will tell you: "why? there's almost no games made for this system". But that's not the point, the point is there is no existing 64DD emu!!! And its gonna be for PSP.

The "Mario artist" series look interesting...

Go there for info about the 64DD: http://64dd.emedian.net/64dd.net/modules/news/

sroon
August 1st, 2006, 00:06
I've seen him :p
I wanna see Monk!! il donate 10$ or more so see the face of my young sperited Hero!!:D :D :D :D

DPyro
August 1st, 2006, 01:15
Ha, good luck.

PSmonkey
August 1st, 2006, 02:03
I wanna see Monk!! il donate 10$ or more so see the face of my young sperited Hero!!:D :D :D :D

how about zelda insted? *evil smile*

MonoLoco
August 1st, 2006, 02:39
Ooooh, Sim City 64 and F-Zero X Expansion Kit...I doubt either will ever run that well but damn, that'd be awesome. Plus, isn't that more or less all that came out fot it, haha?

lordnibbla
August 1st, 2006, 03:35
OMG this is amazing news. 64DD hasn't been tried yet, so imo you should also make a pc port of the 'DD part Monkey.

The PSP scene just gets better and better:)

meatstick
August 1st, 2006, 04:51
i hope that its sound,that would be cool.and it would be the first for the psp

hockey2112
August 1st, 2006, 05:01
I'm not completely following this... does this mean that an emu for the 64DD will be built, and it will emulate the 64DD games... or is this something that will be added to M64 in some way, shape or form?

PSmonkey
August 1st, 2006, 05:03
it will be the addition of 64DD emulation to m64. While i dont promiss I will get it, I do plan to get somewhere with it so it can be emulated.

I also will open source my info so any n64 emu can add suport. I just will let m64 bask in glorry for a bit first before turning it over.

disturbed19
August 1st, 2006, 05:05
just one questions psmonkey,

would the 64DD give your emulator a good advantage? like would it help with speed, or glitches, graphical problems, anything like that?

PSmonkey
August 1st, 2006, 05:14
just one questions psmonkey,

would the 64DD give your emulator a good advantage? like would it help with speed, or glitches, graphical problems, anything like that?

None of the above. Just bragging rights since no other public emu out there suports 64DD.

sroon
August 1st, 2006, 15:10
Hey what do you guys mean by 64DD?:confused: :confused: :confused:
Thanks!!

kersplatty
August 1st, 2006, 15:32
but what games are there for the 64dd:confused: souunds vvvveeeeerrrryyyy interesting

PsychoSync
August 1st, 2006, 18:00
Like i posted earlier : http://64dd.emedian.net/64dd.net/modules/news/

Cooe14
August 1st, 2006, 19:30
Hey monkey where did you find a 64DD? I have been looking for years and have only found 2 on ebay where they went for rediculusly high prices.