PDA

View Full Version : In need of 1.50fw UMD exploit **Nice Reward**

Apoklepz
July 31st, 2006, 21:25
Many of you might have been by my partially bricked PSP thread already and have offered great help...Thanks go to all of you... But the reason why I'm writing this post is because I still have a Partially Bricked PSP, I really miss my homebrew, and being able to listen to my music in the mornings on my way to work, without having to worry about my car's window being busted open and my CD collection stolen....again. Not to mention, I am very fond of a lot of you guys here at DCemu and I would say this is the scene I most enjoy in the whole world and I feel that I'm gonna have to leave it which each day that comes and goes...(shed's a tear)

I was actually starting to develop my own game on C++ for the PSP two months before I actually bricked it, and that also got stuck because I no longer have a device were I can test progress in.
I wish you guys understand how sad I've been feeling because of this, and how happy I would be if somebody actually came up with a way to run homebrew on a 1.50 PSP that doesn't load the XMB...just UMD games.

If you want to check out the complete current status of my partially bricked PSP, visit the thread in my sig.

***What you can work with***
I need a homebrew loader that will boot from either of the following PSP fw1.50 or less UMD's that I already own:

- Wipeout Pure
- Lumines
- Coded Arms

...Or if your work will boot through any other 1.50 or less UMD games like say Darkstalkers, etc, etc...then I guess I'll just give it a rent.

***REWARD***
I am willing to give up a couple of things that I currently own for a simple, fully working homebrew loader that will help restore my PSP's messed up flash files, or at least enable loading any homebrew flash altering application that can fix that god forsaken "topmenu_plugin.rco" file that I totally F_cked up in the first place...Oh, and you won't go unrewarded....

PSP Hardware:

- Lexar blue 1GB memory stick pro duo

3 UMD Movies:

Hellboy / Spiderman 2 / Terminator 2

A few good Comic Books:

Savage Dragon #1 / ShadowHawk #1 / Darker Image #1

Everything mentioned here is in Near Mint condition.
Thank you. I'll post a pic of the items as soon as I can.

EDITED 09-11-06

NO LONGER WILL THE REWARD BE OFFERED...

ZION HAS FOUND A SOLUTION FOR ME THROUGH A SPARE MOTHERBOARD...See last post on Page 14 of this thread.

Accordion
July 31st, 2006, 21:38
come on coders save the psp!!!!

wipeout is buggy and features bootable external content so is a good chance...

and i bet most of the FW 1.00 umds are quite buggy as they were the first made....

it must be possible

Apoklepz
July 31st, 2006, 21:47
Thanks accordian...though I gotta admit, you sound hilarious....save the psp...lol thanks!

Zion
July 31st, 2006, 22:20
What kind of exploit do you want? a umd re-flasher perhaps?

Apoklepz
July 31st, 2006, 22:25
Hey Zion. Good to see ya here.
UMD reflasher? What do you mean by that?

Actually I need something that will go into a homebrew loading menu when running a 1.50 or less fw UMD... Like say, something that will run homebrew applications if patched to a Wipeout Pure data save or content pack...You follow? ...Kinda like the eloader running off a GTA UMD... I guess.

Zion
July 31st, 2006, 22:42
Oh i see....

by umd reflasher, i meant a function to flash your psp with 1.50 firmware again....

hmm, so in other words, you want a self umd loading eboot loader?

Apoklepz
July 31st, 2006, 22:43
That's what I'm looking for.

DPyro
July 31st, 2006, 22:58
All you'd have to do is find a 1.50 game that you can exploit which will load a (fake) savegame file that executes a homebrew program ;)

Zion
July 31st, 2006, 23:04
Weres fanjita.............lol :p

Gizmo356
July 31st, 2006, 23:10
damb i wish i could help:( not for the rewards but because your my bro

BrooksyX
July 31st, 2006, 23:27
I hope someone can do this for you (I am sure that it is possible). Sorry that I cant help.

ninja9393
July 31st, 2006, 23:48
dang i wish i can help

dagger89
August 1st, 2006, 00:16
So at this point what EXACTLY can ur psp do? Does it load the xmb at all? Or does it load the UMD automatically upon startup, but can't load the xmb? It its the 2nd, i believe your only option is to find an update UMD, with only an update on it. I remember reading that these things were sold at certain Japanese stores.... Also, it may load the XMB, but not start it. If an update is on your UMD, try opening the UMD hatch upon boot, then close it. Since u'll be working blind, hold right for a few seconds, then down, then press up once. U should load the update eboot. but thats only if the XMB is loaded, but not displayed

Also, even if sum1 developed it, how would u load it onto ur psp? U cant activate USB thru games...

F9zDark
August 1st, 2006, 01:15
I suppose the only other option is to get the mod chip and install it and repair your main flash chip with the Epsilon Bios.

There may be a way to get homebrew running inside another game, but I think if it was possible it would have been found already.

Zion
August 1st, 2006, 01:56
Yeah good point

Gizmo356
August 1st, 2006, 02:18
no if someone could make an e loader for 1.5 then just add usb mode like the tiff xploit e loader has and thats how you can transfer files

Accordion
August 1st, 2006, 11:39
it hasnt been found yet because other than this problem there isnt another use for it on 1.50

Apoklepz
August 1st, 2006, 17:11
All you'd have to do is find a 1.50 game that you can exploit which will load a (fake) savegame file that executes a homebrew program ;)
I'm such a dumbass! Why didn't I think of that before:rolleyes: ...If it's that easy, why don't you code it for me? I will reward you for it... Unfortunately, I can't do this on my own...why do you think I'm asking for help? Cause I'm lazy?:(

damb i wish i could help:( not for the rewards but because your my bro

I hope someone can do this for you (I am sure that it is possible). Sorry that I cant help.

dang i wish i can help
Thanks guys, I know you'd be the first ones who would help me me out with this...reward or not.

So at this point what EXACTLY can ur psp do?
It can play 1.50fw or less UMD games.Other than that...It can save and load data for those games, go to the hacked browser through Wipeout Pure...and that's pretty much it. This is all given to the fact that I personally corrupted a flash file called "topmenu_plugin.rco" which I believe assigns all the names to the respective PSP XMB icons...you know...MUSIC, PHOTO, VIDEO, etc...I have already looked for those update UMD's and they go for $30 US in most places, but I already confirmed they need the XMB to show in order to run update, just like any other UMD.

Also, even if sum1 developed it, how would u load it onto ur psp? U cant activate USB thru games...
Did it ever occur to you, that you could just put it on your Memory stick via your PC first, and then switch it to the PSP in order to run it? There's been different types of adapters for MS pro duos out in the market, even before the PSP came out.

I suppose the only other option is to get the mod chip and install it and repair your main flash chip with the Epsilon Bios. There may be a way to get homebrew running inside another game, but I think if it was possible it would have been found already.
I've already said that the mod chip is not an option for me, because I lack the money. Even if anyone hasn't come across them, I bet there's probably many ways to run homebrew on a PSP...Why hasn't it been furtherly proven on 1.50? That's because somebody already found the easiest, most reliable way(Kxploit), and Sony has been pushing updates since then, so there's no reason to furtherly exploit an old firmware that can run anything and everything already...and no, it's not because they haven't found it yet, it's because...why bother? My PSP's case is different...that's why I'm offering a reward.

dagger89
August 1st, 2006, 17:40
right, I forgot about the adapter...

What happens when u try to boot the XMB? Does the PSP shut off after like 10 seconds?

Ur best bet is to ask 0okm, a japanese dev, he might be able to help, as he just got usb thru the eloader..

http://0okm.blogspot.com/

Apoklepz
August 1st, 2006, 17:50
What happens when u try to boot the XMB? Does the PSP shut off after like 10 seconds?[/url]
Yep.That's it. I'll try with Ookm, thanks.

dagger89
August 1st, 2006, 18:08
yea, it any1 would know it, its definately him

Zion
August 1st, 2006, 18:19
What version is your psp apokelpz? i have a idea

dagger89
August 1st, 2006, 18:24

Apoklepz
August 1st, 2006, 20:02
like dagger89 already said, it's a US 1.50. What's your idea Zion?

Accordion
August 1st, 2006, 20:19
if you could wrap a flashing app as an ISO you could run it through that.... but you have no way to launch the ISO unless you can somehow write to a UMD...
i doubt it, how expensive is the sony authoring service... and.... yeah, forget it....

Apoklepz
August 1st, 2006, 20:27
meh...where do you come up with those ideas? Don't get me wrong, they're interesting....but wayyy over my budget.lol

Accordion
August 1st, 2006, 20:37
im only half serious...
did you find any more info on serial port access?
its probably too experimental

Zion
August 1st, 2006, 20:42
Well, i have a exellent idea. After i release Zelda on Sunday...

I will work on it for you...

If i get my idea to work,,.....i dont want a reward, the satisfaction of helping you is more than enough :D

Accordion
August 1st, 2006, 20:46
what is it....
i really want to know,

come on you can trust me....
PM if you want it secret, im too honest for my own sanity...

tallica
August 1st, 2006, 20:47
i wish i could help but i have no codeing experience :( iv been folowing your thread since you bricked your psp. i doubht someone would want a reward for helping you im sure they would be hapy with the satisfaction of helping you.

Accordion
August 1st, 2006, 20:51
i think he got scared of how small it is
way too dangerous!

acn010
August 1st, 2006, 20:59
lol

Apoklepz
August 1st, 2006, 21:43
im only half serious...
did you find any more info on serial port access?
its probably too experimental
Yeah, so am I... Well, I did my research, but I couldn't find anything about it being able to write stuff over to the flash...I even went as far as to making that custom adaptor for the PSP headphone jack from some old computer cables here at work...I work at Lexmark International Inc...you know, the printer people. But I'm not gonna mess with that, cause I sure as heck wouldn't know what to do...BTW doesn't the serial port access hack require Linux? There's another thing I don't have with me...tough luck I guess?

way too dangerous!
Huh?! Did I miss something?...Ooooohh...It's probably about my friend and the mod chip...right? Yeah, he kinda backed out on that...but it's more the other guys fault, from newegg who couldn't get the right modchip....My friend's really like that all the time...saying that he can't do stuff...his favorite phrase... "It's impossible" and then, when it comes out allright, he's like "I really don't know how I came to do it"...he's that kind of guy. But really, If we'd gotten the chip for $70 bucks, like the newegg guy said, he'd probably gone and installed it anyways.

tallica
August 1st, 2006, 22:55
yeah he was talking about the modchip i asked in my post but then saw the answer so edited it

Apoklepz
August 1st, 2006, 22:59
AHAHA...It's cool, man...I find accordian boy's comment funny...I'm not angry or anything, BTW.

tallica
August 1st, 2006, 23:38
way too dangerous!

lol funny when you look at it that way

btw you could put your ms in your computer and copy files across wich would make it easier if you want a simple exploit with no usb mode.

Apoklepz
August 2nd, 2006, 00:46
btw you could put your ms in your computer and copy files across wich would make it easier if you want a simple exploit with no usb mode.
Yeah, I do it all the time now. With the little adapter jacket, it's practically a storage device, sorta like a pen drive.

psiko_scweek
August 2nd, 2006, 16:21
here is a thought, why dont you just get a new PSP? save up your cash go to a pawn shop and get one for like $75

hell, you could even use your 'reward' items to paritally fund a new one.

just a thought.

Apoklepz
August 2nd, 2006, 16:49
Not a bad idea, but I'd really like to find a fix for my PSP.

Also...I've removed Spawn #1 from the Rewards list, because I thought I had 2 copies of it, and I really just have one...Someone must have stolen the other one...crap.

psiko_scweek
August 3rd, 2006, 06:44
lol keep the one you have and just get a new one. two PSPS are better than one i say heheheh

unfortunately your best bet is just to get the UP.

ninja9393
August 3rd, 2006, 08:59

If i get my idea to work,,.....i dont want a reward, the satisfaction of helping you is more than enough :D
huh curious what u are thinking

Apoklepz
August 3rd, 2006, 17:22

Hey, I would've totally missed your post there Zion if ninja hadn't quoted you.

Wow. Thanks!... sounds great. But if it works in the end, trust me...you won't go empty handed. What kind of stuff do you collect for passion and hobby, if any? I'll have you in mind.

Oh, and good luck with your Zelda game...It'll probably be the first thing I play if you fix my PSP:D

Zion
August 3rd, 2006, 19:32
I will try my best :D and if i get my idea to work, I don't want a reward as i said......Helping is more than enough :p

Apoklepz
August 3rd, 2006, 20:15
Well, can I at least make something for your Zelda game? I'm really good handling/ripping/editing/making sprites....What do you think?

Zion
August 4th, 2006, 15:18
We have got that covered ;) :p

Thanks for the offer though :D

Apoklepz
August 4th, 2006, 15:59
All's well then.

dagger89
August 6th, 2006, 18:39
Zelda was released....I guess that means u might have a psp again

Apoklepz
August 9th, 2006, 16:39
Yeah, that game is looking great! They did a really nice job for a first release.

Anyways....Zion's PC is whacked...heard he's getting a new one soon...So I'll probably wait till I get word back from him.

Gizmo356
August 9th, 2006, 16:44
how does pc a blow up?

Video_freak
August 9th, 2006, 16:48
ya thats what i was thinking :confused:

Apoklepz
August 9th, 2006, 16:48
I don't know...Maaybe if you pump it up full of air, like Dig Dug...wait a minute, It would pop if you did that...Oh, oh...I know! Just put some Snow bowl toilet cleaner and many little pieces of aluminum foil paper in it and shake it up....that, or buy some dynamite...or make it, like Tyler Durden does.

Video_freak
August 9th, 2006, 16:51
ok.....i rather NOT make my PC blow up :)

Gizmo356
August 9th, 2006, 16:52
lol good one

Apoklepz
August 9th, 2006, 16:58
ok.....i rather NOT make my PC blow up :)

I'd only do it after buying a three times better one and having the old one becoming obsolete...

Probably stick it to a custom made super powered firework pod and watch it launch to the moon...Alice.lol I'll put the video on youtube...meh.

Wow guys, am I the only one that's really bored shitless today or what?

Video_freak
August 9th, 2006, 17:00
if i did blow it up (or threw it out of a window), i would at least film it or something :)

Gizmo356
August 9th, 2006, 17:01
im board.

Video_freak
August 9th, 2006, 17:02
go to the arcade...:D

Apoklepz
August 9th, 2006, 17:05
if i did blow it up (or threw it out of a window), i would at least film it or something :)

Of course! that's what I'm talking about.

Video_freak
August 9th, 2006, 17:25
oh, ok. just making sure :D

Malksta
August 9th, 2006, 17:41
Blowing up is too Unlikely, perhaps overclocking it too much to make it overheat and making it un-usable

Apoklepz
August 9th, 2006, 17:43
AHAHAHAHA...this got way off topic.

Hey Malkster, you're probably thinking we were talking about a PSP, no?

Malksta
August 9th, 2006, 18:04
No, i was talking about his pc :p
PC'S OVERHEAT TOO!

Apoklepz
August 9th, 2006, 18:12
Yeah I know, but since this is the PSP forum....nevermind. lol

BrooksyX
August 13th, 2006, 08:59
One time I saw this video on google videos where some guys overclocked an old duron cpu really high and didnt put on the heatsink. They had the motherboard just laying out on the floor and when they flipped the switch the mobo exploded and part of the cpu shot in the air and the other part desenegrated.

Apoklepz
August 14th, 2006, 02:30
Wow, that sounds fricking crazy!

BelmontSlayer
August 14th, 2006, 03:16
Wow guys, am I the only one that's really bored shitless today or what?

Here's a picture for you...

http://i7.tinypic.com/24llv6u.jpg

Apoklepz
August 14th, 2006, 04:04
Damn, that was a long time ago at work, but yeah...cool pic I guess.

ACID
August 14th, 2006, 05:45
If im corrct wipe out pure the first release from last year will do that:D

dagger89
August 14th, 2006, 20:38
If im corrct wipe out pure the first release from last year will do that:D

Nope, I have the original US release... it doesn't

Apoklepz
August 14th, 2006, 22:21
Hey guys...I don't mean to run anybody out of the bush here, specially you Acidburn05, but I've left no stone unturned about a possible exploit within Wipeout Pure...I even emailed Fanjita(of GTA savegame exploit lore) about my partially bricked problem, and this is what he posted in my other older thread...And I directly quote;

"It's likely that there will eventually be a way to run an exploit on a different game - and it also seems likely that people looking for such an exploit would look in a game that lots of people have - so a v1.5-compatible game would be a likely choice.

However - it also seems likely that any exploit that included a way to fix your PSP would also need to have some sort of access to your XMB to set it up, or at least get it onto your memory stick.

I'd guess that your best bet is to look into the hardware unbricking methods - otherwise, you'll be waiting for an exploit to come along that might or might not help, and it looks like the odds are against you on that."

...So if anyone's really come across this Wipeout exploit, which I highly doubt it, please, please, please...I'd like to know where exactly I can acquire it.

Also, just a refresher here...because a lot of people have been sending me PM's about simply trying to update to 2.00 trough a UMD like GTA:LCS or such...I do own GTA:LCS and Prince of Persia and both require 2.00 firmware to run. Here's why I can't update like that:

When you try to run a UMD with a higher firmware than your PSP, you are promted to a message in the XMB that says:

"The inserted UMD requires a higher firmware update. Would you like to update? YES/NO"

I'd also like to mention that when this message is promted, you can also see the PSP's XMB or menu screen icons through the transparency...that's were my problem lies...You see, I messed up a file in the PSP's flash called topmenu_plugin.rco, which actually commands all the menu icons and menu text to appear where they should, Soooo...The problem with my PSP is I no longer get to see the menu icons, cause that file is corrupted in the main flash memory.Sucks balls, I know. But I can somehow play inserted UMD's that require 1.50 or less firmware, right off the bat when I power on the PSP....because it skips the topmenu_plugin.rco commands and goes straight to running the loaded UMD game. I can also save progress, even though some people have mentioned that would be impossible, because the PSP temporarily loads part of the XMB when you save/load game data....what they can't see is that at this point it doesn't actually display the menu icons and their respective text names...that's mainly where the problem that is partially bricking my PSP lies.

s1k0
August 14th, 2006, 23:06
hey man hopefully someone could help you out with your psp...

Apoklepz
August 15th, 2006, 00:23
hey man hopefully someone could help you out with your psp...

Thanks for the kind thoughts, man.

s1k0
August 19th, 2006, 03:21
no problem see i would help you but i just got in with the psp bussiness but ill try learning and hopefully i can help you out:)

ninja9393
August 19th, 2006, 04:30
what was zions idea to help you?

he said he would help after the release of zelda

brainpan
August 19th, 2006, 04:43
Well, I once knew a guy whos distant cousins uncle's nephew once "fixed" his broken PSP. Basically he went to a major retail store, very similiar to Wal-Mart. He politely requested to look through the PSP boxes to make sure that he didnt get a TA-082 unit. They were curious but willing to give in to the strange request. He found a good one, took it home, swapped serial number stickers from the bottom of the PSPs, and returned his old broken PSP tucked away inside the box, leaving pretty much everything else untouched. The friendly Returns clerk asked him what was wrong with the unit and he said something about it not working and just wanting his money back or maybe his Grandma could not play it because of arthritis. I dont remember all the details. :) Anyway, the Returns clerk scanned the bottom serial number sticker on the PSP, it cleared, and he was promptly given a full refund. He then returned home and downgraded his PSP to 1.5 and lived happily ever after.

tallica
August 19th, 2006, 15:34
are yo being sarcastic?

Apoklepz
August 19th, 2006, 15:53
I'm pretty sure it would work, but I don't do scams, man. Thanks anyways...but, if I were to fork out money for a new PSP, I'd just keep both of them in the first place.

brainpan
August 19th, 2006, 19:28
I don't think its considered a scam if it's Wal-Mart.:p

Apoklepz
August 19th, 2006, 20:01
HAHAHAHAHA...Good one!

tallica
August 19th, 2006, 22:01
scaming wal-mart is quite popular, especialy with bricked psps.

ninja9393
August 19th, 2006, 22:08
shhhh but i told toys r us my psp was broken to get a 1.5 psp(before 2.0 downgrader) and they didnt even check to see if it was broken

scottyboynow
August 21st, 2006, 10:50
I Will Do It For Free I'll PM You The Beta File Now If It Doesnt Work PM Me The Problem

scottyboynow
August 21st, 2006, 11:01
:cool:

Accordion
August 21st, 2006, 11:15
has anything actually changed from the gta eloader??

some of the files are labelled GTA…
im doubtful this can work.

but ill try it myself

edit:
didnt work, from what i can tell all you have done is place the eloader files in a lumines save…i suggested this ages ago in the first thread. it isnt that simple

-not fun

Apoklepz
August 21st, 2006, 17:41
Awww...shucks! I got really exited for a second there....but I still have to try it out myself later when I get home...The readme sez it's only for 2.00+ firmware, and it does look like all the eloader files for GTA are intact, the only diferrence is the Lumines savedata in there...I don't think it'll work, but what the heck...I'll test it anyways, nothing bad can happen, right?

So, Accordian...you tried it out on a 1.50 PSP? Didn't work, right?

Accordion
August 21st, 2006, 17:45
yep 1.50

said corrupt save within lumines

still try it out your self to be sure
maybe i did something wrong
but look at the files, its all exactly the same, the save game param.sfo even states GTA:LCS at the end??

Apoklepz
August 21st, 2006, 17:49
Yeah, I noticed that...I can't test it yet, but If it didn't work for you, then I'm pretty sure it ain't gonna work period...I don't wanna diss on scottyboynow cause he was prolly just tryin to help in the first place...but yeah, like you said accordian, it ain't that simple...I would probably be enjoying homebrew again if it were.

BTW, since Fanjita & Ditlew intended all these loader for 2.00+ firmware...there would have to be mayor tweaking involved for them to run on 1.50...you can just copy/paste stuff for it to work.

Accordion
August 21st, 2006, 17:52
actually if i had of payed attention to the poster i would have said it was fake to begin with, the guys got a bad track record(the 2.70 turn off exploit! what a joke, and some crap code)

Apoklepz
August 21st, 2006, 17:55
Sheesh! lol.

...But who knows, it probably doesn't even run on 2.00+ even, after all.

Hey Accordian, you know of any way to reach Ookm about my PSP problem? I think he could be of great help...since he's worked with firmware related stuff.

Accordion
August 21st, 2006, 18:04
hmm i dont know
best to contact wraggy,a mod, or a coder, your right he could probably help, though he is really busy working on the ta-82 downgrader…

to add further insult, there is no way that scottyboynow could have tested the loader he "made" because he is on FW 2.70, WTF!!!!
truth is i got quite exicted for you apoklepz and wanted to test it, didnt pay much attention to the facts

Apoklepz
August 21st, 2006, 19:22
Yeah...As always, your help is much appreciated, bro...Might hit you up with a bottle of Southern Comfort...wadda ya say?

Accordion
August 21st, 2006, 20:25
thats funny. whats the postage &packaging cost from Narnia to the UK

actually my family has gone away for a week, so i have the house to myself…
the only thing to do is have friends over, play Rez and get drunk!!

Apoklepz
August 21st, 2006, 20:57
What postage? I'll just deliver it to a magical wardrobe in your house...You...do have one, right?

All alone, and no chick to bone?

tallica
August 21st, 2006, 21:51
lmao!

Accordion
August 21st, 2006, 22:13
actually i dont have a wardrobe! i use a some pieces of bamboo on which i hang my clothes, its not a decor theme, just very cheap!

dont worry, ive got someone "coming" round tomorrow…
im on the ouzo tonight…

PS: have you tried out the eloader… i could be wrong(i doubt it)

Apoklepz
August 22nd, 2006, 01:00
Sorry, but Narnia Postal Service won't deliver to "rustic" ensemblage...they have some dumb policy about it being extremely flammable...many delivery elves have suffered a fire trap or two by so called terrorists...but at least I tried.:cool:

HEHEHE...sorry to go waaayyy off topic, but yeah, I'll try it out as soon as I get home, which should be like around an hour or so...I'll post back here if it even works or not.

EDIT

It doesn't work...it sez "Loading Failure" when you start up Lumines. I viewed the files through the Coded Arms loading/deleting option and two of them are Fanjita's GTA loaders and the third one(Lumines) is totally corrupted...So yeah, there's no way this works.

dagger89
August 22nd, 2006, 01:11
0okm.blogspot.com

U can contact him through there... He reads his comments regularly, so he should respond quickly

Apoklepz
August 25th, 2006, 19:08
Well, 0okm looks to be pretty busy enough helping TA-082 PSP users at the time, so I'll just keep waiting then.

Meanwhile, I got Darkstalkers Chronicles yesterday from a very obscure Anime/Comics shop I just discovered in my town for $15 bucks...I guess I just couldn't resist not being able to play SFA3max or all my other emulated fighters on my PSP...

I just want to report that this game also seems very buggy and has an awful a lot of loading times...the longest one taking place at the very beggining when you pop the UMD in...at this time the save data is also loaded, so there might be a chance of an exploit for this...just a thought.

Anybody here in the forums, besides Zion, has thought of possibly helping me out?

I can't begin to express how much it sucks to not be able to do anything else on my PSP but play four of the eight games that I currently own...I'm really close to selling the games I can't play, to at least get some cash towards a new PSP...even though, those are the games I really used to enjoy more.

Accordion
August 25th, 2006, 19:17
4 posts to ultimate evil!!!

Apoklepz
August 25th, 2006, 19:19
Oh snap! You're right...The Day Finally Cometh!
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! It's still not gonna fix my PSP, though*sigh*.

Mr. Shizzy
August 26th, 2006, 18:30
I partially bricked my friends PSP. The thread is here:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32229

I promised her if I couldn't get it to luanch multiple homebrews (as oppoesed to one at a time by setting them in config) & play her newer umd's that I would replace it. I finally just used IRSHELL as what booted by holding "x" on boot. And 2.71 fw loads on boot (w/ wlan down) So my problem was much simpler than yours. Can you still "auto boot" by setting something to do so in the cfw config? If so just set that to boot IRSHELL like I did. If not maybe you should try to email HarleyG himself & see what he has to offer. You can reach HarleyG here:

http://psp.nixlabs.net/

I'll keep checking this thread, to try to help bro. I know your situation sucks. Good luck.

Accordion
August 26th, 2006, 19:09
unfortunately this partial bricking happened a quite long time before the custom firmwares

tallica
August 26th, 2006, 19:10
He didnt have custom firmware because it wasent out when he bricked his psp :(

Apoklepz
August 26th, 2006, 21:52
Yes, like tallica said...and to think the week after I bricked it...guess what?...Devhook and the custom firmwares were released...Oh, the agony.

Anger
August 26th, 2006, 22:26
sorry i took so long to get on this thread but i just found it.
anyway sorry to hear you still havnt had any luck with this. i have a few days worth of spare time - im gonna try and experiment with some stuff. i have a few ideas. r u able to play umd videos? and if so can you use the on screen controls? (does the text show up?).

im also wondering if we can do something like this:

rig wipeout to load a webpage (doable easily) then inside that use an image exploit to load the standard eloader or an old version of fileassistant or something and of course from there load homebrew or flash the orig file.

this is a new idea just of the top of my head but in the meantime im gonna try some stuff with the savegames. if this idea works let us know - theres many people that could benefit from something like this. good luck.

tallica
August 27th, 2006, 00:04
If only there was a way to get GTA to work on 1.5, i tryd to get it to work for hours but couldnt find a way for someone with a bricked psp to do it :(

Apoklepz
August 28th, 2006, 23:50
r u able to play umd videos? and if so can you use the on screen controls? (does the text show up?).
No, I can't...but UMD games that are 1.50fw or lower run like a charm...and yes I can save succesfully.

rig wipeout to load a webpage (doable easily) then inside that use an image exploit to load the standard eloader or an old version of fileassistant or something and of course from there load homebrew or flash the orig file.
I've thought about this, but even though I don't know a thing about how it would work...it does sound even more complicated than simply coding a game save loader, a la GTA homebrew loader.

Thanks for your great ideas

jasonc
August 29th, 2006, 14:31
:) there is a new program coming out for 2.0+ so i would just wait it should be out in about a week it allows you to emulate 1.5 if this is wrong i am dom:confused:

Accordion
August 29th, 2006, 15:03
how does that help anyone

please read the thread, before posting jasonc!!!

BL4Z3D247
August 29th, 2006, 15:11
:) there is a new program coming out for 2.0+ so i would just wait it should be out in about a week it allows you to emulate 1.5 if this is wrong i am dom:confused:
he's got a partial bricked 1.5 psp how is he gunna use anything for a 2.0+

Zion
September 2nd, 2006, 20:00
Apokolepz, i have solved your problem :D

Not coded but a trade for you. :p

Il trade you my spare 1.5 motherboard (working) for that 1gb memory stick you were offering as a reward....

Deal?

your problem is solved :D

Anger
September 2nd, 2006, 20:10
thats a sweet deal.
so this was your plan? lol i like your way of thinking. :)

BL4Z3D247
September 2nd, 2006, 20:25
go for it Apok, that's an awesome deal

Zion
September 2nd, 2006, 20:40
it wasnt my plan no..... but its easier :D

Accordion
September 2nd, 2006, 20:52
how hard are they to install…

Zion
September 2nd, 2006, 23:10
easy, really easy.. just disconnect the clips, undo screws, pop it out and put the new one in...

Really easy

M!ckeY
September 3rd, 2006, 00:10
wow, zion that is cool of you, his psp will soon live again. :)

maybe i'll add you to my list ;)

Anger
September 3rd, 2006, 00:18
it is quite easy but you must be carefull at a couple of points in the disassembly. also someone released a video a while back detailing every single thing needed to remove the psp motherboard - i think the undiluted platinum guys also did something like that.
if i may ask - how did you come across a spare working 1.5 mobo O.o? :)

Zion
September 3rd, 2006, 05:54
bought it off ebay...then once the 2.6 downgrader came out, i took the 1.5 motherbpard out and downgraded my 2.5 motherboard :D

kando
September 3rd, 2006, 05:58
problem solved :)

M!ckeY
September 3rd, 2006, 06:23
solutions....i love them :)

BL4Z3D247
September 3rd, 2006, 08:11
hey motoko, i love the avy dude...i mean i'm sooo blazed right now and i can't stop laughing :D

@zion: that's using the old noggin, so incase u bricked ur psp u still had a nice fresh 1.5 mobo...pure geneius :)

M!ckeY
September 3rd, 2006, 08:17
@ blazed
lmao!!!, my avi rocks i know :D

BL4Z3D247
September 3rd, 2006, 08:21
haha, my avy's hott sh!t too :p

Apoklepz
September 3rd, 2006, 20:07
Hey Zion....I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
You got a deal my friend! But I'm way busy right now...I'm going to Tampa as we speak.

I'll get back to you tonight.

Talk Later, buddy.

Zion
September 3rd, 2006, 20:16
great, glad to hear your happy :p

you can use your psp again :D

BL4Z3D247
September 3rd, 2006, 20:19
YAY!!!!! another 1.5(back from the dead) to add back to the massively growing 1.5 army :D

Anger
September 3rd, 2006, 20:56
grats apok - let us know how the install goes. :)

M!ckeY
September 4th, 2006, 00:39
*dramatic bacground music* yes an army...

tallica
September 4th, 2006, 01:07
woot im glad his psp is going to live again :) dude put custom firmware on, it saved my psp :) i have a guide on custom firmware in the cheats and guides forum, if you need help ;)

Apoklepz
September 4th, 2006, 15:53
I appreciate the kind thoughts, guys...specially tallica...I'll be checking out your guide soon enough.

BTW...anyone know where I can get the precise PSP assembly screws at? I'm afraid two of them won't budge after I replace the faceplate back in, when I finally install Zion's motherboard...You see, I've performed various mods on my PSP before already and the screws have been whored-out a bit. :)

Zion, I'm sending you a PM as I write this.

jman420
September 4th, 2006, 19:19
hey and by the way, I just bought a second PSP from Ebay, and they have some on there priced for like $100 bucks, it would be worth checking out anyway (as now you can downgrade any firmware 1.5/2.71)

Zion
September 5th, 2006, 01:40
Money was the issue, thats why this was the ideal solution :D

ChaDizzle
September 9th, 2006, 00:19

ahem... GTA LCS

ninja9393
September 9th, 2006, 00:33
ahem... GTA LCS
A 1.50 exploit

Zion
September 9th, 2006, 00:43
ermm, read up the threads, page 12-13..

The problem is fixed now :p via my spare motherboard :D

Apoklepz
September 11th, 2006, 21:45
Okay...Since Zion has already traded me his spare motherboard for a 1GB memory stick...suffice to say, the reward won't be offered any longer. Can't wait to get my PSP working again! I'll post back here as soon as I get it working.

However, if anybody finds a way to restore my original motherboard (half bricked one) please do not hesitate to PM me...If I can get it fixed, then I can probably do the same kind gesture Zion has done for me, to a fellow half bricked PSP user.(I know of a few here in the forums).

So that's all for now....just wait.

Gizmo356
September 11th, 2006, 22:31
i got mine at home depot for 6 bux

M!ckeY
September 12th, 2006, 00:32
@ gixmo

what did you get at home depot for 6 bucks? :eek:

Apoklepz
September 12th, 2006, 01:36
Good ol Gizmo is prolly talking about the assembly screws...am I right, bro?

BL4Z3D247
September 12th, 2006, 01:45
yeh i think he means the screws

M!ckeY
September 12th, 2006, 02:41
oh...lmao..i spelled his name wrong :D

Apoklepz
September 26th, 2006, 19:50
I just got Zion's MotherBoard today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be installing it this weekend, when I'm done with a few projects of my own.

Once again, thank you Zion, my buddy, my pal...and all the other great people here in the forums who stuck with me through the pain.lol

My PSP will soon be alive and kicking.

Will post back this weekend.

Anger
September 26th, 2006, 22:03
good luck with it and whatever you do be carefull and double check everything, especially the shoulder button connectors and the analogue stick connector.

tallica
September 26th, 2006, 22:19
Good luck apok :P

Zion
September 26th, 2006, 22:53
Glad you finally got it :p

Apoklepz
September 27th, 2006, 09:33
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=233332#post233332

Read what the Happy man has to say on the fourth post. ;)

Thanks again!

Zion
September 27th, 2006, 13:23
Now this is all sorted il close the thread now :D

Glad to here it all worked out man :p

And you got it intalled ok :D