PDA

View Full Version : Metareview: Miami Vice: The Game

wraggster
July 31st, 2006, 23:56
News from PSPfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2006/07/31/metareview-miami-vice-the-game/)

In case you didn't notice, Miami Vice knocked off Pirates of the Carribean from the top spot in this weekend's box office, outselling it by nearly $5 million. But will the video game version have the same success as its theatrical sibling? Publisher Sierra sure hopes so.

Miami Vice: The Game, which uses Resident Evil 4's over-the-shoulder camera style, enables players to take control of Crockett and Tubbs through such wonderous locales, such as a mansion or warehouse in their attempt to infiltrate the South Beach underground. I gotta say, I'm about damn tired of publishers slapping on "The Game" at the end of licensed video games. Do they think we're that dumb to not discern the difference between a video game and a DVD?

Deeko (75/100) felt a bit of deja vu when playing the game: "It also seems that I keep doing the same thing over and over every day. Enter this building, hide behind that barrel and shoot that scumbag."
IGN (66/100) appreciated the game but felt it was hurt by problems more development time could have fixed: "Atrocious enemy AI, poor level design, occasional bugs, and short play time hurt what's otherwise a pretty fun little game."
Gamespy (50/100) thought the game was rather bland: "The closest that the game comes to being rather fun is in the Drug Wars-inspired segments, but they're not enough to carry the game alone."