PDA

View Full Version : DS sales leapfrog Game Boy's

wraggster
May 6th, 2010, 16:35
DS sales have surpassed Game Boy's, according to Nintendo's latest financial report.

The company sold 27.11 million DS units in the year ended March 31, 2010, taking life-to-date sales to 128.89 million.

"In spite of lower unit sales versus last year, Nintendo DS life-to-date sales have surpassed the Game Boy series, which was released in 1989 and became the biggest selling handheld gaming device worldwide," the firm said.

Notable performers over the 12 month period were Pokemon HeartGold / SoulSilver, Tomodachi Collection and The Legend Of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, which shifted 8.4 million, 3.2 million and 2.61 million copies respectively.

Nintendo also sold 20.53 million Wiis during the year, pushing lifetime sales to 70.93 million.

"This is the largest cumulative unit sales performance for console hardware in our company's history," the company said.

During the financial year, Wii Sports Resort, New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Wii Fit Plus moved 16.14 million, 14.7 million and 12.65 million copies respectively.

Nevertheless, Nintendo reported a drop in annual sales and profit. Sales fell 22 per cent to £10.1 billion, while profit declined 18 per cent to £1.6 billion.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=245530?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS

JushinLiger
May 7th, 2010, 18:03
I miss my old Gameboy. The Christmas I got it and played WWF King of the Ring all day, that road trip down to Devon playing Link's Awakening and who could forget the long summer when Pokemon Gold finally came out?