PDA

View Full Version : PSPMaster Version 0.0.3b

wraggster
August 1st, 2006, 00:15
Trops (http://pspmaster.krnl.net/) has updated his Sega Master System / Game Gear emulator made for the Sony Play Station Portable system.

The emulator uses the old Marat Z80 emulator by Marat Fayzullin. VDP source is based on SMS Plus by Charles Mac Donald. All the source is heavylly optimized for the PSP system.

PSPMaster is running at full speed without frame skiping when the YM2413 sound chip emulation is disabled. Please do not change default options if you don't know what you are doing.

To play PSPMaster you will need a PSP with the firmware 1.5 installed. To install, just download and decompress the file "pspmaster.zip" to the root of your PSP memory stick.

[B]Changing PSPMaster language:

PSPMaster read menu strings from a script file. These files are in languages directory. To create a new language just translate the strings in the file "english.c" using a simple text editor like Windows Notepad.

Changing the default theme:

You can change the default emulator font by changing the script file "theme.c" in theme directory. The background image displayed in menus is in the file "bg.bin". You can create your own background image by using the background generator.
The background generator convert a windows bitmap file into a PSPMaster background file.

Heres whats new:

v0.0.3b:
- Fixed a bug in the Master System background render code.
- Fixed a bug in the state files.
- Fixed a Game Gear screen shot bug.
- User can select the language file from the main menu.
- Start to rewrite render routines in assembly to gain some
speed. Function Render_UpdateBgCache() done.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

pkmusicmaker
August 1st, 2006, 02:05
This is great, nice to see something new.

md2
August 1st, 2006, 03:05
what games are those in the pics..?

bah
August 1st, 2006, 06:19
what games are those in the pics..?

Alex kid in Miracle world, ????(dont know), The Lucky Dime Caper starring Donald Duck, Space Harrier

If that's any use to u....

SmashinGit
August 1st, 2006, 07:26
Excellent news. Was playing this all day yesterday.

Voltron
August 1st, 2006, 08:13
Excellent news. Was playing this all day yesterday.

I have not had much spare time to try this out yet. How does this hold up against SMSPlus? Is this a better overall EMU solution for Game Gear and SMS?

GobboFett
August 1st, 2006, 08:37
I have not had much spare time to try this out yet. How does this hold up against SMSPlus? Is this a better overall EMU solution for Game Gear and SMS?

This emulator is FAR superior to SMSPlus in just about every way (sound is FINALLY the way it is supposed to be :D) plus the video looks great. But it is in it's early stages so some bugs are still present :( Still, PSPMaster > SMSPlus

SmashinGit
August 1st, 2006, 08:55
This emulator is FAR superior to SMSPlus in just about every way (sound is FINALLY the way it is supposed to be ) plus the video looks great. But it is in it's early stages so some bugs are still present Still, PSPMaster > SMSPlus

Totally agree with you GobboFett

gelon
August 1st, 2006, 11:44
It dont works for me in 1.5

When i select a rom, PSP reboot

I have all installed ok ... dont know the problem

PSPegasus
August 1st, 2006, 12:16
I've been waiting for a decent SMS emulator for ages! This' great. First release was already running at 100% and now we've already got an update. Keep up the good work!

mr_nick666
August 1st, 2006, 13:26
Yeah! Id like to see this one finished :) I had a Master System and I loved my old Game Gear! :D

ACID
August 1st, 2006, 13:43
This is great. Great job. I just wish i can use 16:9 screen

jrsmaster411
August 1st, 2006, 17:18
It dont works for me in 1.5

When i select a rom, PSP reboot

I have all installed ok ... dont know the problem
Your probably choosing with circle you have to use cross button

CU_AMiGA
August 1st, 2006, 17:44
This is great. Great job. I just wish i can use 16:9 screen

You can can't you?! I think it's under Options.

Regards,

carpy
August 1st, 2006, 18:32
This works in 2.6 with the GTA loader, even though it says it's 1.5 only.

However, there are issues. The select button will freeze the emulator. Also - if you start a game, and then press triangle to exit back to the menu, the next game you start will have no sound.

Other than that, this is the best SMS emulator for the PSP that's I've seen. Great job.

Mahare
August 15th, 2006, 05:53
Other then the fact that it isn't compatible with iRShell, it's great!

ACID
August 15th, 2006, 05:56
You can can't you?! I think it's under Options.

Regards,
No its not under options thats smsplus.

mavsman4457
August 18th, 2006, 00:27
cool

The one word poster strikes again. Please do not do this anymore.

Kaiser
August 18th, 2006, 02:43
The one word poster strikes again. Please do not do this anymore.

Fixing that problem. :)

mavsman4457
August 18th, 2006, 23:28
Fixing that problem. :)

Thank you, sir!

roy5
August 19th, 2006, 00:27
cool this rox

roy5
August 19th, 2006, 00:27
i will tell evry one i know this thing rox