PDA

View Full Version : Nothing to write home about but...

PSmonkey
August 1st, 2006, 05:13
Nothing to write home about but you guys kept saying you would like to see larger roms like zelda run.

So see attached images.

Again this is not a big deal since daedalus already suports large rom and runs faster. I more just did this after playing dk64 and caving in to see if it or zelda would actualy run on m64. Well the results is that both zelda's run (but have a scale bug, probably from cop1 rounding ops), Ridge racer 64 runs, DK64 hangs (I though it was 64k eeprom but its not), Resident Evil 2 hangs (same as DK64, it just keeps looping), Rayman 2 crashes (shows ubi logo then hard psp crash). Also games over all run like shit if they read all over the rom in a single frame since my rom cache is too large and I only keep 1 block (thinking doing 4 1MB blocks or 8 512KB blocks, currently 1 4MB block).

Anyways enjoy the shots. This does not mean a new m64 build is comming soon. I am really busy with my compo entries (Actualy behind somewhat). I just was more currious and thats about it for now.

Seee... M64 is still not dead!

BL4Z3D247
August 1st, 2006, 05:34
thats awesome news monkey :D, good luck with ur compo projects, can't wait to see ur FPS

PSPdemon
August 1st, 2006, 07:06
WOW.....nice!!!

its looking good!!! keep up the amazing work :D

hope the best with the compo....

can't wait to see ur FPS

Neither can I Blazed247......neither can I..... :D

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

BL4Z3D247
August 1st, 2006, 07:09
lol :D

BrooksyX
August 1st, 2006, 08:23
great to hear, I hope you have some time to sit down and crank out some code monkey64 when those compititions are over.

PSPKOR
August 1st, 2006, 12:47
Good to know you are still thinking about the M64 and trying things out with it. Hope you catch up to where you need to be on your FPS.

ACID
August 1st, 2006, 14:06
Great job monkey. Never say die. LOL

sroon
August 1st, 2006, 15:06
Great job bro! seemes like your working up a storm!! So when you mean you got both zelda working you mean OOT and MM?!!!
Deadalus doesent even have Any Expansion pack games working!!!! Great job man and I cant wayt untill your next release!!!!!:)

PSmonkey
August 1st, 2006, 16:08
Great job bro! seemes like your working up a storm!! So when you mean you got both zelda working you mean OOT and MM?!!!
Deadalus doesent even have Any Expansion pack games working!!!! Great job man and I cant wayt untill your next release!!!!!:)

Yes Majora's Mask also runs but it has the same scale issue.

It wont take strmnnrmn more then 10 mins to add expansion suport (its just enlarging the RDRAM size & storing the size into a location in memory).

pkmaximum
August 1st, 2006, 19:09
WOW this is great glad to see we have our original N64 coder for the PSP back in action. I hope to see many great things from you and Strmmmn.

Good Work PSmonkey!!

itaintmefoo
August 1st, 2006, 23:59
monkey it seems to me that ure kinda pissed off at something not exactaly sure is it the fact that deep deep DEEP deep down u wanna stop m64 becuz D is already way ahead of u no offense. or is it something personal no one else knows about thats bitting at ure soul.
?

PSmonkey
August 2nd, 2006, 06:07
monkey it seems to me that ure kinda pissed off at something not exactaly sure is it the fact that deep deep DEEP deep down u wanna stop m64 becuz D is already way ahead of u no offense. or is it something personal no one else knows about thats bitting at ure soul.
?

I'm kind of pist off recently but M64 is not the result. Hell actualy I more want to stay up and work on m64 then my other projects. I am just having issues battling motivation & at the same time work is really starting to piss me off.

BL4Z3D247
August 2nd, 2006, 07:32
I'm kind of pist off recently but M64 is not the result. Hell actualy I more want to stay up and work on m64 then my other projects. I am just having issues battling motivation & at the same time work is really starting to piss me off.
yeh work does that to alot of us, but don't let it get to u...any time u wanna just kick back and talk about stuff other than work/coding related just start up a thread and i'll be there if i'm on(as i always am) :D

CalvinDu
August 2nd, 2006, 08:21
Very nice. Hope you get over your stress dude.

disturbed19
August 2nd, 2006, 09:06
ya man, just take your time psmonkey, relax and think at the same time :p lol it would be so cool if you suddenly had a huge release! surprise us!!

Video_freak
August 2nd, 2006, 09:09
ya, cant wait for the next update or release :)

csd-san
August 2nd, 2006, 09:57
Time to look for a new job? :) Either way, I hope the stress is only temporary. I look forward to everything you release, M64 or otherwise.

disturbed19
August 2nd, 2006, 11:01
:o man ive just noticed there hasnt been a release for just about 3 months thats quite awhile. did u make alot of progress on your emulator? or just a bit?

stotheamuel
August 2nd, 2006, 11:05
Time to look for a new job? :) Either way, I hope the stress is only temporary. I look forward to everything you release, M64 or otherwise.

hell i wouldnt quit his job.

Hmm Strmnnrmn also doesnt have 5 thousand projects to worry about.

disturbed19
August 2nd, 2006, 11:16
hey psmonkey,

i was just thinking. would you ever consider zx-81 helping you with M64? he is a really great programmer. i just read his programming history and its insane. and his pspvba emulator is working really good. if you did need anyone to help you with this project i am 100% certain that he would help you if you needed a new team member :p put some thought into this psmonkey. i bet him helping you would be a great benifit for M64 and it would be alot less time consuming for you. 2 heads are better than 1 :)

write back!

DPyro
August 2nd, 2006, 14:11
Just think, in a couple of months you'll be making PSP games! :D

sroon
August 2nd, 2006, 15:35
Hey Monk!!!
I got someone elso who has paypal!!
u know what that means!!!

BrooksyX
August 2nd, 2006, 16:13
hey psmonkey,

i was just thinking. would you ever consider zx-81 helping you with M64? he is a really great programmer. i just read his programming history and its insane. and his pspvba emulator is working really good. if you did need anyone to help you with this project i am 100% certain that he would help you if you needed a new team member :p put some thought into this psmonkey. i bet him helping you would be a great benifit for M64 and it would be alot less time consuming for you. 2 heads are better than 1 :)

write back!

Well monkey64 and Daedelus are both open source so Zx-81 was interested he could.

pkmaximum
August 2nd, 2006, 17:54
Hmm that would be interesting to see though two great coders working on a project like this. But then again I remember, when PSmonkey first started this project he said "to build an emulator like this you will have to know the N64 system inside and out like I do" So its possible that ZX-81 doesn't know much about the coding of the N64 consul, and doesn't have the ability to work on it =S But I guess all a matter of time is whats best for everyone. I still wish in the long run though that Monkey and Strmmmn could both just work on, one N64 emulator.

shenske37
August 2nd, 2006, 18:39
great job psmonkey!

i'm very glad to see an update, and that your trying to have n64DD support!

unfortunately there aren't that many great games for the DD.

since i already have the rom for master quest (and works on pj64) then i have the mario artist titles to look forward to.

i've always wanted to try the mario artist titles

keep it up

BALL_SAC
August 2nd, 2006, 22:43
good deal psmonkey....

Wally
August 3rd, 2006, 00:09
well it looks like im back to testing again.

However, to save me hours of frustration and continuous headaches, i do not wish to make a compat list until dynarec is about the same as daedalus.

Plus we know M64 doeesnt really have much trouble working with any rom so stop whinging :)

BL4Z3D247
August 3rd, 2006, 00:58
Just think, in a couple of months you'll be making PSP games! :D
$nipR, say what?!?!?

DPyro
August 3rd, 2006, 03:52
I said, in a couple months he'll be making PSP games!

DPyro
August 3rd, 2006, 05:13
well it looks like im back to testing again.

However, to save me hours of frustration and continuous headaches, i do not wish to make a compat list until dynarec is about the same as daedalus.

Plus we know M64 doeesnt really have much trouble working with any rom so stop whinging :)
Hahaha thats funny! :p :rolleyes:

BL4Z3D247
August 3rd, 2006, 05:50
I said, in a couple months he'll be making PSP games!
word!!! awesome, congats Monkey...who ya gunna be workin for or do u gotta keep that on the low?

Shadowblind
August 3rd, 2006, 05:51
Are you making that "PSP Kingdom Hearts game" you hinted about?

PSmonkey
August 3rd, 2006, 15:35
Are you making that "PSP Kingdom Hearts game" you hinted about?

Heh nope. I will talk more about what is going on in september. Lets all just hold off till then.

PSmonkey
August 3rd, 2006, 19:12
Sig test

thanks produkt

BrooksyX
August 4th, 2006, 21:15
ha ha i like it, I want to be part of monkey around software.

Produkt
August 4th, 2006, 21:36
Monkey Around Software LLC is currently seeking animators with knowlage of the MD2 format for their next title! :P please speek with the Art Director, Produkt if you have experience in this field, please provide examples, submitions without examples of past work will be discarded...

:P

DPyro
August 4th, 2006, 23:24
:p

Produkt
August 4th, 2006, 23:58
Nice try bub unfortunately wrong font... LOL

DPyro
August 5th, 2006, 00:37
:rolleyes:

NeoXCS
August 5th, 2006, 08:39
I'm still supporting you 100% on M64 PSmonkey! :D I know it will be a great emu someday. ;) Good luck! :)

ExcruciationX
August 6th, 2006, 02:16
Good to hear from you, PSmonkey! I hope to hear more great news in the future!

itaintmefoo
August 9th, 2006, 00:02
MONKEY PLZ POST SOMTHING SOON i need u to or............ or ...................... or .................................................. ........

im gonna commit suicide

Produkt
August 9th, 2006, 01:11
have fun with that...

PSPKOR
August 9th, 2006, 11:32
Well PSmonkey has to post something soon on his FPS because the closing date for the coding comp ends in 11 days, and good luck to you with it PSmonkey, I hope you get as much done as you need.