PDA

View Full Version : Moonshell Image Viewer

leaperk
August 1st, 2006, 18:03
I am debating between a PSP or a DS LITE as my first handheld and interested in the image viewer that comes with Moonshell. Does anyone have first hand experience with this feature. I really want to view comics on the DS Lite so I have the following questions

1. How does the image zoom feature work?

2. How large of a pixel size can the DS Lite handle?

3. Can you create subfolders and put the comic pages in them?

4. How easy is it to move back and forth between the pages?

Thanks!

deviouscontrol
August 1st, 2006, 19:21
There are some features missing, but overall its good.
I'm looking at some comics on it right now, it only uses the touch screen and its zoomed in to actual pixels. Shoulder buttons move back and forth between images and yes you can use subfolders. The pages are 666x1056 with only minimal loading time, and no lag scrolling around with the touch screen.

I actually prefer the image viewer with ds organize. The full image is shown in the touch screen and the zoomed in version is shown in the top screen a la the ds opera browser. It takes a little longer to load images but not enough to bother me. The high res images do look quite lovely and very readable on the screen.

pspsk8r
September 1st, 2006, 14:10
get the psp its way beter for every thing u need!

Junixx
September 1st, 2006, 22:52
Yea he DSOrganize viewer is better i think. Moonshell views it in acctual pixels but can be zoomed down so you can see more, everything seems to work fine with me though

a PSP does have a bigger screen though, so you could read more of the page at a time, but im very happy with my DS and would not trade it in for a PSP (even with all the emulators and homebrew)