PDA

View Full Version : M64 WIP News (Nintendo64 Emulator for the PSP)

wraggster
August 1st, 2006, 18:59
We havent heard publically from our resident coder PSmonkey for a while but today he posted some great news for his PSP Scene followers, heres the news from his site:

Nothing to write home about but you guys kept saying you would like to see larger roms like zelda run.

So see attached images.

Again this is not a big deal since daedalus already suports large rom and runs faster. I more just did this after playing dk64 and caving in to see if it or zelda would actualy run on m64. Well the results is that both zelda's run (but have a scale bug, probably from cop1 rounding ops), Ridge racer 64 runs, DK64 hangs (I though it was 64k eeprom but its not), Resident Evil 2 hangs (same as DK64, it just keeps looping), Rayman 2 crashes (shows ubi logo then hard psp crash). Also games over all run like shit if they read all over the rom in a single frame since my rom cache is too large and I only keep 1 block (thinking doing 4 1MB blocks or 8 512KB blocks, currently 1 4MB block).

Anyways enjoy the shots. This does not mean a new m64 build is comming soon. I am really busy with my compo entries (Actualy behind somewhat). I just was more currious and thats about it for now.

Seee... M64 is still not dead!

Its great to see some new progress from one of DCEmus Finest, show your encouragement and check out the new screens at his site here --> http://nemo.dcemu.co.uk

mr_nick666
August 1st, 2006, 19:22
Great news! :D PSmonkey was the original to take up the N64 challenge and has released some great stuff :)

felonyr301
August 1st, 2006, 19:30
i have to say that you doing good job considering what your up against and if it was some others they would of been quit but you havent so keep up the great job man.

Tomppa
August 1st, 2006, 20:25
Good to see this is still being worked on, my guess is, this is going to be superior to daedalus.

Kramer
August 1st, 2006, 20:28
one day this emulator will be the best emulator on psp even better than any psone emu.

ACID
August 1st, 2006, 20:33
Cant wait for that day Kramer.
Hopefully soon.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
August 1st, 2006, 21:26
welcome back!!

mexicansnake
August 1st, 2006, 21:28
cool!!!

Video_freak
August 1st, 2006, 21:31
can't wait for the next release. no one knos if this is going to be the best emulator. all we know is that its good already and that it will even be better in the furute :D

Zion
August 1st, 2006, 21:35
Great :D

JD/
August 1st, 2006, 21:44
This is good news it nice to hear thatv theres a bit of variety of n64 emulators and since this 1 is made from scratch it might be better than daedalus 1 day.

pspman354
August 1st, 2006, 22:55
why dony psmonkey and strrmnrrm just team up, that way well get a great emulator quicker????

SSaxdude
August 1st, 2006, 23:21
why dony psmonkey and strrmnrrm just team up, that way well get a great emulator quicker????
Probably because PSMonkey wants to create an emulator from scratch and StrmnNrmn wants to just improve on Daedulus.

psiko_scweek
August 2nd, 2006, 07:02
they talked about it, and they decided it would be best for them to work seperately, but they are sharing ideas between the two.