PDA

View Full Version : Vice City Stories Info and Screenshots

wraggster
August 1st, 2006, 20:17
Some excellent news and screenshots thanks to Jar Jar (http://www.jar-jar.com/) and GTA Portable.com (http://www.gtaportable.com/)

Heres the news:

The first details and screenshots came today from the Australian version of the Gamepro magazine . You'll be playing as Victor Vance - Lance's brother.

Victor, and his brother Lance, will be playing a big part in Vice City Stories. He's seen in the opening scene of GTA: Vice City, as he get killed by a SWAT team.

• The game takes place in 1984 - two years before GTA: Vice City
• Victor is a 28 year-old US Marine
• Players can now take on the water of Vice City With jet ski's!
• The animations are more life-like and is a ''step-up from previous titles in the series''
• A multiplayer feature similar to the PSP version of LCS is in the game
• VCS is ''much, much bigger than Vice City''
• Some landmarks are half-built or yet to be refurbished to their state circa 1986
• There's new or altered locations and buildings
• All new vehicles and weapons
• You can fly helicopters!
• Radio stations from Vice City make a return
• New weather effects that could include hurricanes
• You can swim in the game!
• Bikes handle better than before
• There's also no more seamless exterior-to-interior gameplay as seen in LCS (There'll be a slight loading time)

• A new addition in Vice City is the chunder-wheel, which you can ride in first-person view!
• Binoculars is in the game
• LCS is ''rookie first-gen PSP title compared to VCS''
• Draw distance is great and is said to be better than Vice City on PS2
• Trip skips make a return (If you die or get busted a taxi will take you back to the location where you received the mission from)
• New animations which give both the lead characters and pedestrians a whole new degree of humanity
• Far richer color palette that brings sunsets to all new levels of beauty, and realism
• Increased density of pedestrians, cars and objects
• Reduction in clumping (where groups of the same model type appear together)
• Far more interiors that its predecessors
• So far there's no word on character and vehicle customization, aswell as wall climbing

Download the Scans Via Comments

Video_freak
August 1st, 2006, 20:34
nice :)

tallica
August 1st, 2006, 20:38
how can vcs be bigger than vice city if a umd holds less than a dvd?

Video_freak
August 1st, 2006, 20:39
compression maybe and screen resolution

Screwie5150
August 1st, 2006, 20:42
can't wait.. what firmware wilL this require???

Video_freak
August 1st, 2006, 20:44
probably 2.80 or higher :( can't wait for this to be devhooked though :)

Briggzy11
August 1st, 2006, 20:45
This will require firmware 2.80 no doubt but dont worry as DEVHOOK will be compatible with it very soon...

...I bt even Edison Carter will have a go at hacking the game yet again :D

JamesBondOO7
August 1st, 2006, 21:04
this game will make me upgrade

Video_freak
August 1st, 2006, 21:08
this game will make me upgrade
no it won't. wait a week or two for it to be devhooked :)

Hungry Horace
August 1st, 2006, 21:47
yeah, it looks like the big question is "what firmware"?

maybe we'll get lucky and it'll be 2.71 !! afterall it took ages for other released games to stop being just 2.6, even after 2.7 was out. or maybe it'll just get fixed with a 2.XX -> 2.0 kinda thng, even if 2.8 isnt fully emulated.

looks like Sony are stopping my buying this until said Devhook patch appears.... stupid buggers that they are stopping their own sales!

cartmandude14
August 1st, 2006, 22:46
I agree with you on that one. I think that it will work on 1.5 somehow. don't worry guys.

tophead420
August 1st, 2006, 23:16
i really hopr this dosent need 2.8 to work when its released but if it does hopfully devhook will support 2.8 and this looks and sounds way better then GTA LCS

oggie
August 1st, 2006, 23:38
Your An Idiot

tallica
August 1st, 2006, 23:59
wtf is that for you noob

felonyr301
August 2nd, 2006, 00:09
hey keep the violence down lol funny talking about GTA violence is brought up hmm very interesting lol

YourStillWithMe
August 2nd, 2006, 00:41
it doesnt matter what the firmware update will be and it will depend on the date of the release. I havent even seen a 2.70 or 2.71 update yet on any new games so we should all be safe for a while 2.80 will be emulalted in less than a week, mark my words, it will. The firmware has already been decrypted, it won't be long. As soon as we emulate the firmware with the psone emulator i probably wont buy anymore games. . .i mean i'll have a psone emu, gameboy advance, (thanks to ZX who has been hard at work!) N64 (come on daedulus, ZX and psmonkey you should all work together on that emu. . .) gameboy color, snes, and nes and over 25 umd games and a 4gb mem stick to hold it all what else do I need?

And why are they making this game anyway?? Seriously to entertain people in this series all you have to say is the environment is bigger, throw a couple of new cars in there, and a few new weapons and you'll pay 40 dollars. LCS was brilliant and i'll tell you why. . . Remember when we all FIRST played GTA III and we all were like "Wow this is sooooooo cool, i've never seen anything like that before!"?? That game had a huge impact on the media, children, and adults. It was the first game where at Toys R Us you had to have an ADULT buy it for you. It was HUGE and bringing back that memory on the psp was really cool. GTA III marked a new era of gaming. Nudity, explicit gore, and language would not exist in games if it was not for that game. After that followed Max Payne, State Of Emergency, Urban Chaos, Condemned, The Getaway, etc. The only respect i give Vice City is that Ray Liotta did the voice of Tony and hes a phenomenal actor, San Andreas-I'm sorry to sound racist but that was just a black GTA with bikes and you all know that. I feel the flaming coming on but I seriously they should make GTA IV on ps3 and then end it all. Rockstar needs some NEW ideas.

AtariFreek
August 2nd, 2006, 06:15
@ YourStillWithMe

I'm Not Going To Flame You. In Fact I Totally Agree About San Andreas, I Can See The Rockstar Conference...

Guy 1- "Alright, Sales For Vice City Are Dropping, We Need A New Idea... Tom!"
Guy 2- "Yes?"
Guy 1- "Get The Character Hat"
*PaperRustling*
Guy1-"Alright The New Character Is.. Carl Johnson"
Guy2 "C.J."
Guy 1-"Great Nickname!" "We Should Try And Add Something New.... How About Bikes? And Gambling? And HOT COFFEE Mods? We Should Also Make 'C.J.' Black! How New!!! Oh, And You Can Dress Him Up!
Guy 2- LIKE A KEN DOLL!!!
Guy1- Yeah And.....
--------------------------
You Get The Picture :D

They Seriously Need Something Else. After GTA IV They Should Drop The Genre. Sorry GTA Fans.

P.S. To Stay On Topic, I'm Definetely Going To Buy VCS. I Personally LOVE GTA :P

hempy
August 2nd, 2006, 06:28
wow, some people are dumb

Screwie5150
August 2nd, 2006, 08:06
oh yes the "DeV" hook up... it will be nice...

Screwie5150
August 2nd, 2006, 08:11
it doesnt matter what the firmware update will be and it will depend on the date of the release. I havent even seen a 2.70 or 2.71 update yet on any new games so we should all be safe for a while 2.80 will be emulalted in less than a week, mark my words, it will. The firmware has already been decrypted, it won't be long. As soon as we emulate the firmware with the psone emulator i probably wont buy anymore games. . .i mean i'll have a psone emu, gameboy advance, (thanks to ZX who has been hard at work!) N64 (come on daedulus, ZX and psmonkey you should all work together on that emu. . .) gameboy color, snes, and nes and over 25 umd games and a 4gb mem stick to hold it all what else do I need?

And why are they making this game anyway?? Seriously to entertain people in this series all you have to say is the environment is bigger, throw a couple of new cars in there, and a few new weapons and you'll pay 40 dollars. LCS was brilliant and i'll tell you why. . . Remember when we all FIRST played GTA III and we all were like "Wow this is sooooooo cool, i've never seen anything like that before!"?? That game had a huge impact on the media, children, and adults. It was the first game where at Toys R Us you had to have an ADULT buy it for you. It was HUGE and bringing back that memory on the psp was really cool. GTA III marked a new era of gaming. Nudity, explicit gore, and language would not exist in games if it was not for that game. After that followed Max Payne, State Of Emergency, Urban Chaos, Condemned, The Getaway, etc. The only respect i give Vice City is that Ray Liotta did the voice of Tony and hes a phenomenal actor, San Andreas-I'm sorry to sound racist but that was just a black GTA with bikes and you all know that. I feel the flaming coming on but I seriously they should make GTA IV on ps3 and then end it all. Rockstar needs some NEW ideas.

I totally agree with you on the new ideas... But a good idea for GTA IV is like 200-300 years in the future.... flying cars Fifth Element type on Sh*t...

crazy_biker420
August 2nd, 2006, 10:24
you are going to have to upgrade sonner or later

stotheamuel
August 2nd, 2006, 10:57
hmm is it just me or can only black people swim in the gta universe.

carl johnson and victor vance.. are the only two to be able to swim yet

laraib
August 2nd, 2006, 11:28
NO nobody release the 2.80 devhook or then sony will make 2.81,2.82(mabey 3.00)
then we all gota wait mo longer

Hungry Horace
August 2nd, 2006, 11:30
you are going to have to upgrade sonner or later

why? are Sony gonna come round my house and upgrade my PSP for me?

to those who are giving GTA:VCS a bit of flak.... i can understand why, but to you, the solution is simple enough..... don't buy it! and dont have a go those of us who happen to like new GTA games!

LCS is still the only game i've bought since after i got my PSP, and VCS is high on my list of new games to buy now.

I've tired of other "re-hashes" myself too.... FIFA, Tony H... but GTA is one of the few new "variant" games that actually excites me. Maybe i'd buy a Res Evil game if there was one for the psp..... but that's about it,

Baboon
August 2nd, 2006, 11:40
to those who are giving GTA:VCS a bit of flak.... i can understand why, but to you, the solution is simple enough..... don't buy it! and dont have a go those of us who happen to like new GTA games!

LCS is still the only game i've bought since after i got my PSP, and VCS is high on my list of new games to buy now.

I've tired of other "re-hashes" myself too.... FIFA, Tony H... but GTA is one of the few new "variant" games that actually excites me. Maybe i'd buy a Res Evil game if there was one for the psp..... but that's about it,

Totally agree with ya. GTA is still one of the best games on PSP, and this new incarnation looks very promising. :D

If you don’t like it, go play something else.

mr_nick666
August 2nd, 2006, 12:55
why? are Sony gonna come round my house and upgrade my PSP for me?

/\ /\ $ony may send the 'Men in White' (they upgraded from 'Black' when the new model came out :rolleyes: ) to upgrade your PSP while you sleep! :eek:

I reckon VCS will be a good addition to anyones game collection - but I suppose its all down to preference... :o Lets all just pray they've thought about it and its just not a re-hash of LCS :p

Cloud_35
August 2nd, 2006, 18:10
Now we can swim and fly!!!

Cool! :cool:

God bless DevHook!!!

AtariFreek
August 2nd, 2006, 18:13
Remember I Didn't Dis VCs, infact It Looks Awesome, Jetskis And Swimming? Coooool. And Really It Isn't A Rehash Just Because It's In The Same City. That Doesnt Mean Anything, It A New Game. I'm Just Tired Of The Style Of Gameplay In Every (GTA) Game, Not The Actuall Plot Structure, Characters, Vehicles Ect. That Part At Least Varies A Little Bit. The Onlything New In Gameplay Recentely Was Swimming And Walll Climbing.

Cloud_35
August 2nd, 2006, 18:16
Yeah, but in LCS I missed those details

D0N
August 2nd, 2006, 18:35
Wicked news! Can't wait for this game now! :D

drew4237
August 3rd, 2006, 08:43
the official release date is october 17 i was just wondering and figured others would like to know

wolfpack
August 3rd, 2006, 20:40
oooh vice city stories, it looks very good, ah i dont care if i have to upgrade, i have 2 psp's so me not worried

stefanok88
August 11th, 2006, 05:15
Whats Devhook i herd it was illegal or something ..... idk whats devhook period:eek: