PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft and Midway suck up Wii

wraggster
August 2nd, 2006, 14:11
Ubisoft's got a taste for Wii and it just can't get enough it seems. With the publisher already having announced both shoot-and-slash-'em-up Red Steel and Rayman Raving Rabbids as launch exclusives for Nintendo's upcoming console, it seems that Ubisoft actually has a grand total of seven games in the works for Wii.

Ubisoft North America president Laurent Detoc revealed the number while speaking at the Ziff Davis Electronic Games Summit in Napa, according to reports on 1UP.com. Furthermore, Detoc couldn't help but gush in the face of the console, stating that he expected the machine to have a "large audience and market." He also revealed that despite his dwindling interest in the current crop of me-too games, Wii offered a fresh new experience: "The first time I picked up that sucker I couldn't stop playing it."

Meanwhile, at the same event, Midway President David Zucker revealed his company has six games in progress for Nintendo's console, with Mortal Kombat: Armageddon due in 2007.

Hopefully, we can expect to see more of both publishers' new games as Leipzig 2007 rolls around later this month when, it's rumoured, a whole bunch of previously unseen Wii titles will get their first airing.