PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 is "iPhone on steroids" - report

wraggster
May 17th, 2010, 19:49
Eurogamer has learned that the PSP2 can be compared to "iPhone on steroids".

Our informant corroborated what VG247 learned earlier today: that the PSP2 has a touch-screen and two cameras (one facing in, one out).

Eurogamer also understands that the likelihood of PSP2 being at E3 - on public display, at least - is slimmer than Cheryl Cole at an emotional low.

VG247 went on to claim that PSP2 games were in development in Britain right now and are being made with a 2011 release in mind. The PSP2, like the PSPgo, will probably drop physical media.

Digital Foundry revealed last July that the PSP2 will have a quad core PowerVR graphics chip.

Richard Leadbetter also put his knowledge of the PSP2 and DS2 together for a theoretical showdown.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/psp2-is-iphone-on-steroids-report

Eviltaco64
May 17th, 2010, 22:12
This is interesting. I just hope there IS physical media. :(

Shrygue
May 17th, 2010, 23:01
May be unconfirmed but still, same here. I hope the quality of cameras don't suck too bad. Please use the Pro Duo memory sticks again or maybe SD/Micro SD cards. Internal memory, please have a capacity range to choose from starting from 16GB+. Oh yeah and I wonder what type of touch screen will be used, resistive or capacitive? I hope its the latter.

Plus I hope there will be two analogue sticks instead of one like the first PSP should have been from the outset.

Eviltaco64
May 18th, 2010, 21:35
If anything, it would be a terrible business decision to take physical media away. Since many potential buyers either don't care for portable internet or prefer physical media, the PSP2 with all it's new features could very well turn into another PSPgo!

I've met numerous people that have probably never even used their PSP for it's online capabilities. They possess the hardware and a few games to go with it... and that's all.

I'd also love to see a second analog stick and hope they add some large amount of internal memory to go with it. As for external memory, I'm sure Sony will use one of their proprietary formats.