PDA

View Full Version : Prince of Persia - The Best Game Movie Ever?

wraggster
May 19th, 2010, 17:03
We're all used to seeing rubbish game-to-movie adaptations. Super Mario Bros was atrocious, Max Payne forgettable, Resident Evil mindless - and don't even get us started on anything Uwe Boll's ever touched. (No, really - he might put us in a boxing ring and beat the snot out of us).

So it goes without saying that when I plonked myself down in the Leicester Square Odeon this month to watch Disney's Prince of Persia: Sands Of Time, I wasn't expecting much.

In fact, the knives (or ancient daggers, in this case) were very much out - not least for Jake Gylenhaal's smug Hollywood face.

The movie kicked off with the expected eye-staggering blockbuster glitz - and it was very clear that no expense had been spared by Jerry Bruckheimer to make every inch of his desert tale scream 'epic'.

But then something very odd happened: Sands of Time smashed a summer blockbuster tradition... and didn't get rubbish halfway through. In fact, it only became more brilliant.

More here --> http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=247292?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS

jaws365
May 20th, 2010, 17:03
I actually foiund Resident Evil 1 to be one of the better zombie movies made in the last 20 years, and I am a big fan of horror movies from before :D

VampDude
May 20th, 2010, 21:54
I watched a trailer for Prince of Persia, which I thought it looked sh*t. I'm not even going to bother with this one.

mungrin
May 21st, 2010, 06:54
Yeah Judge a movie by its trailer you moron