PDA

View Full Version : Command and Conquer Clone for DS Project News

wraggster
August 2nd, 2006, 16:03
Heres the latest news:

Just thought I'd post a quick screen showing where things stand. Both screens are in use, and you can see the debug log at the bottom part of the debug menu. The bottom screen shows a 10x10 (C&C tile) map that's been loaded in. It's a quick test map so doesn't really look like anything. The coloured tiles along the right side are just left overs from showing the current palette.

The tiles are being loaded in from a single 'tiles.wad' file now - which may speed up loading times but will require some slightly more complex tools. No doubt the file formats will evolve further in time. Anyway a lot of the file system and debug code is largely done now. The next step will be in supporting scrolling on the map, and actually getting a map that's worth looking at ;) After that I'll have to crack the memory limitations so we can have C&C maps in their full glory ;)

More info --> http://cncds_project.livejournal.com/

superfrenzy
August 2nd, 2006, 19:43
Yeah, I'm bouncing off the walls about this project as well. If anyone wants a game of Red Alert 1 then give us a bell ;0

WhiteX
August 2nd, 2006, 20:00
I was trying to make the same thing for Diablo, but i canŽt code to save my life, i had a mockup screen ready....iŽll look innto it and post it later.