PDA

View Full Version : Valve's Newell Thinks PS3 Needs To Be "Open Like a Mac"

wraggster
May 22nd, 2010, 21:55
Apparently Valve boss Gabe Newell thinks the PS3 needs to be more of an open platform, drawing a comparison to Apple's Mac platform. In an interview with 5BY5.TV, he said he would like to see the PS3 be 'open like a Mac' instead of being 'more closed like a Gamecube.' 'Platform investments, like the Mac, are difficult because you have to be aware of what direction that platform is moving,' Newell said, referring to the firm's recent move onto Macs with its titles and distribution service Steam. 'We need to target platforms that do a better job of looking like where we want to be in a few years.'

http://games.slashdot.org/story/10/05/21/2110238/Valves-Newell-Thinks-PS3-Needs-To-Be-Open-Like-a-Mac

Corrected newspost :P

jamotto
May 23rd, 2010, 17:00
I'm glad that BFG will aid the PS3 to be more open like a mac... wait what?!

Eviltaco64
May 23rd, 2010, 18:32
Wrong copypasta, wragg. :P

VampDude
May 23rd, 2010, 21:21
Awesome... Wraggbot is broken, maybe the real Wraggster will come back to entertain us.

At least it's sourced to the article of the topic, so that's worth at least half a point. :cool:

wraggster
May 23rd, 2010, 21:29
shite, thats what i get for newsposting when drunk

VampDude
May 23rd, 2010, 21:35
shite, thats what i get for newsposting when drunk

Rule to yourself:

Stay away from the PC/laptop when you've had a few... Unless you post gibberish in the off topic section. :p

wraggster
May 23rd, 2010, 21:46
im going to start brewing my own beer soon so ill probably be drunk all the time