PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft Toronto making new Splinter Cell

wraggster
May 25th, 2010, 16:05
Ubisoft Toronto, the newly-formed studio partially funded by the Canadian government and headed up by the lovely Jade Raymond, is working on the next Splinter Cell.

The next Splinter Cell instalment will be produced "entirely" within the Toronto studio, with Conviction producer Alex Parizeau heading up production. We know, because he said so.

"I'm excited," Parizeau commented. "We have very high ambitions for the project, and it's a great opportunity, because Splinter Cell has a lot of visibility, and we're really hoping to attract a lot of senior talent and people who have a lot of experience in the industry.

"We we want to build the studio around that, a really strong core team, and that [Splinter Cell] is going to provide us with a really good platform to do that," he added. "I think we have a really special chance to build something strong from the start."

Raymond herself claims that the new Toronto studio is a good fit for the stealth series: "A lot of the games that come out of the Montreal studio, or the European studios, have much more of that 'continental' flair," she said.

"Beyond Good and Evil, for example, couldn't have been produced other than in France. It's a very European-feeling game. When you think of it like that, I think the Splinter Cell franchise fits Toronto."

There you are then. Can the series really survive another reboot though? It's fast losing its stealth roots entirely.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=248188?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS