PDA

View Full Version : KnightmareDS v0.3 alpha

wraggster
May 26th, 2010, 00:57
News via http://www.nintendomax.com/portal.php

thermo_nono moved vrsione 0.3 of "KnightmareDS", an adaptation of the shoot em up released on MSX in 1986.

Here are our loyal Knight Popolon back on our screens for our greatest happiness.

Modifications compared to the original game: I first tried to make a port as faithful as possible to this game so I reproduced the map stage01 "pixel-perfect, the graphics are drawn from a image found on the web offering the solution of the game and reworked by myself on M $ Paint. music has also been recovered on the internet and converted into midi format. IT by the software 'OpenMTP' on the advice of blah. Regarding the scenar and gameplay, I relied on the Roma game and an emulator MSX and for this work I have been the least faithful to the original: - break the premium squares of first time. - Waves of monsters appear at different times than the original (though I try to respect the max scenar original).

What remains to be done:

* Code cleaning
* Update of 'nil' missing output of prog
* Trimmings speed, moving monsters, damage
* Complete the managements of arms (the damage, but especially the movement of the boomerang)
* Puts the monsters and the boss and he set an attack strategy
* Add sounds 'SFX'
* It still lacks some graphics and code snippets (exploding monsters, shields, fire)
* Automate the sequence of stages. (Loading of maps, trajectories of monsters ..)
* Porting of 2-8 courses (if it remains the VRAM available ^ ^)
(...) *