PDA

View Full Version : GenesisPlusDC WIP Preview Release

DCEmu_Newsposter
January 1st, 1970, 01:00
Ice88 (aka Warmtoe) compiled a preview version of BlackAura's GenesisPlusDC WIP for testing purposes. Will Sams (aka Storminator16) uploaded the preview release to his server. Here's what he wrote:[br][br]"Preview release of BlackAura's Genesis Plus port with a menu by Speud & some code fixes by Ice88 (Warmtoe). This is in elf format, so use Elf2bin to create a binary and Scramble to scramble it. I'm sure releasing this in bin format will kill someone's server:[br][br]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ian_edwards/ice88/gpdc.zip[br][br]or [br][br]http://www.storm-studios.net/gpdc.zip[br][br]Any noticeable bugs or the dreaded "how many roms can this hold" please notify Black Aura in this or another site.[br][br]Speud's menu controls:[br][br]You can freely browse your cd, everything that isnt a dir or doesnt have one of the predefined extenion (zip/ZIP, gz/GZ, bin/BIN, smd/SMD) is skipped. [br]press down/up to move the cursor or left/right to change the page. [br]press A to open a dir or launch a ROM. [br]press B to open the parent dir. [br]press X to choose the resolution between 640x480 (default) and 320x240. [br]press Y to disable (default) or enable sound. [br]while youre playing press L+R+start to return to the menu. [br]when youre finished pressed X+Y+A+B+start to exit the app."[br][br]Please report back about the games you've tested with this release.[br]

[Modified 06/23/04 07:24:38 by DCEmu_Newsposter]

WHurricane16
June 23rd, 2004, 07:04
Actually, Ice88 released this preview, I uploaded to my site to save him some bandwith ;) I really haven't contributed anything to this project but I'm a big time supporter of it.

curt_grymala
June 23rd, 2004, 07:40
Any chance DCEmu UK will upload a bin version of this? I am going to try to get an SBI made, but I haven't had great luck with elf2bin (although, that seemed to be more related to the elf files I was using, which apparently caused problems for other people).
I just think that there are probably quite a few people that don't even know what elf2bin is, let alone how to use it. Oh well, I am sure DCEmu UK will get a page created and a bin package uploaded soon.
Like I said, I will be working on an SBI very soon.

@Will - I'm guessing from the information you provided about Speud's menu, that this release supports zipped roms, and that this release supports directory browsing?

WHurricane16
June 23rd, 2004, 08:01
The emu has always supported zipped roms ;) And yes, it supports directory browsing :)

Christuserloeser
June 23rd, 2004, 08:01
Changed the newspost *:)

Chris

curt_grymala
June 23rd, 2004, 08:14
Thanks for the info Will. I didn't realize that.

Christuserloeser
June 23rd, 2004, 08:47
:) The emu is er... fantastic ;D

GPF
June 23rd, 2004, 09:42
Pretty cool, its running at about 20-23 fps within chanka 0.2a with only some minor graphic problems. Must be awesome on a real dreamcast. I forgot my headphones so I can't tell how it sounds in chankast though :)

Troy

warmtoe
June 23rd, 2004, 11:22
Pretty cool, its running at about 20-23 fps within chanka 0.2a with only some minor graphic problems. Must be awesome on a real dreamcast. I forgot my headphones so I can't tell how it sounds in chankast though

Actually - don't be taken in by the framecount - that's what Chankast is doing - the FPS for GenesisPlus-X is not shown because it uses the internal font... it runs at approaching full speed on a real DC - really - with sound enabled.

Hello by-the-way!

BlackAura
June 23rd, 2004, 11:43
Oh, and don't be fooled by the graphics quality under Chankast either. That scene (beginning of GHZ, Sonic 1) looks very nearly perfect on a real Dreamcast.

Cool. Something I wrote causes more graphics glitches in Chankast than commercial games do. Woohoo!

Seriously - try this on a real Dreamcast.

Alexvrb
June 23rd, 2004, 12:47
Cool. Something I wrote causes more graphics glitches in Chankast than commercial games do. Woohoo!It just can't handle your leet code, BA. ;D

obelisk
June 23rd, 2004, 14:17
WOOO fn HOO!!!!

vipor231
June 23rd, 2004, 16:32
can you swap cds with this???

Talfi
June 23rd, 2004, 16:49
You can see another pic i have taken with Chankast 0.2a ...

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=dcemu&action=display&num=1087996645

Sorry but i didn't see this thread ;)