PDA

View Full Version : ArcoMage

wraggster
August 3rd, 2006, 21:00
Bodom-Child (http://www.playeradvance.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3746) has released what has to be one of the very best looking DS Games ive seen, heres a translation from French to English of the release info:

Arcomage is a card deck of the type Heroic Fantasy, which made its first appearance in the role play PC Might & Magic VII, as an additional play/a search which was practised in the various taverns of the play. Thereafter, 3DO and Ubi Soft made of it a play PC with whole share, in the form of Shareware.

Being fan of this play since I played excellent Might & Magic VII, I decided to adapt it on DS, with the agreement of Dr. Vince (which develops a version GBA with Bobby), and consequently to present it occasion at the Neoflash contest. Unfortunately, I leave on holiday very soon, and I return at the date of closing of the inscriptions for the contest, with the result that the play is not completely finished for the moment (not of mode 2 players, not of mode Wifi, lack of animations, only in English for the moment…).

However it is fully playable in mode 1 player, and resembles the version much the final version

History:

Wednesday August 2, 2006: Version 0.9

How to play:

You lay out each one, you and your enemy, of a castle and a floor protecting it, all two of a certain size.

Your goal is either to destroy the enemy castle, or to assemble your castle to the maximum size of 100.

For that you have resources (Mana, Pierres, Or), which increase with each turn according to the number of generators (Temples, Carrières, Gold mines) that you have.

With the beginning of the turn you have a hand of 6 charts with the various effects, which require each one a certain number of resources to be played.

If you have enough resources to play it, place your cursor above and press A. If on the contrary you wish débarasser chart, press X.

In each case, your turn is played and comes that from the computer.

After its turn, you recover a new chart and your resources are increased according to your generators.

And so on until the victory… or the defeat?

Enjoy .

Check out the Awesome Screens and Download and Give feedback Via Comments

Atmoshuo
August 3rd, 2006, 21:06
definitely gonna check that out.. looks promising/interesting

brennxn
August 3rd, 2006, 21:14
Wow, this is excellent! I won, too! Hehe, I hope he adds wifi multiplayer.

EDIT: Castle and wall sprites corrupted on replay.

iball
August 3rd, 2006, 21:52
This pretty much gets the "Best DS Homebrew Game" award now.
The RAR contains the usual DS homebrew 'suspects', an ARCOMAGE.NDS (various flashcarts and the PC emulator), an ARCOMAGE.DS.GBA file (for those M3 users to rename to .NDS), and ARCOMAGE.SC.NDS file (for Supercard users).
The graphics are nothing short of AMAZING! The sound matches it PERFECTLY!
Basically, you draw cards in the beginning, and new ones for ones you use during each round at the beginning of each round and use what's written on the card to smash down your enemy's outer castle wall and castle itself.
It's a strange combination of Magic: The Gathering and Catapult, but it's damn addictive.
It's DAMN GOOD and should have a nice home on every DS flashcart.

johanb123
August 4th, 2006, 01:13
This is why I don't see why people are always down on PALib...instead of spending hours fiddling with VRAM banks, you actually end up with a game. Absolutely stunning. Can't wait for the multiplayer.

Edit: Would it be possible to maybe have a way to zoom in on the card that your opponent plays, for those of us new to this?

Junixx
August 4th, 2006, 06:20
This pretty much gets the "Best DS Homebrew Game" award now.

I very much agree, this is like a remake of an old freeware i used to play but this is a VERY enhanced version, i love card games like this :D It's a must get!

iball
August 4th, 2006, 06:47
This is why I don't see why people are always down on PALib...instead of spending hours fiddling with VRAM banks, you actually end up with a game. Absolutely stunning. Can't wait for the multiplayer.

Edit: Would it be possible to maybe have a way to zoom in on the card that your opponent plays, for those of us new to this?
Yes, zooming in on the card your enemy uses would help us know EXACTLY what they used.
But remember, this is the 'pre-final' version meaning it's not finished yet.