PDA

View Full Version : PMP Mod AVC 1.02M malloc revival plus FontGen 0.6

wraggster
August 4th, 2006, 13:54
Raphael (http://www.fx-world.org/wordpress/?p=23) has released a new version of PMP Mod the Media Player for the PSP, heres the release details:

After quite some requests and some thinking, I finally decided to do a little “mallocs revival” version of PMP Mod. For all who don’t know, malloc was the one that started modding jonnys original PMP Mod and got me started on the subject. He added a very nice resume function, lumi and volume boost (integrated in the official version already) as well as a info overlay during playback (also in official version) and some other small addons.
From there, I added more informational filelist outputs and a GUI and eventually ended with the infamous PMP Mod 1.02M4.02g3 version.

Since then, a lot has changed. Jonny highly improved the playback speed along with many internal changes in the code and also released the now famous PMP Mod AVC. However, these versions all lacked some of the nice features from the old version, but now they are back (apart from the GUI ;P).

Here’s what’s new:
- fixed rightmost cutting bug with newest FontGen 0.4+ fonts
- fixed clipping bug in glyph blitter
- fixed crash bug when trying to play non-avc videos
- fixed uppercase bug in filelist
- fixed non-showing subtitles bug when playing a short part twice in a row
- added file sorting, subtitles and files are ordered by filename now, rather than creation time
- added USB connection in filelist
- added filesize/modification time display in filelist
- added video information display (resolution, codec, fps, duration)
- added resume function (start with O to skip resume)
- added saving and loading of playback settings (audio stream, aspect, zoom, lumi/volume boost, subtitle/color)
- added display of number of found subtitles
- added file deletion function (SELECT)
- changed sensitivity of buttons in filelist, fast scrolling only after pressing button 1/3 second

These additions are also about to be added to the standard version PMP Mod 2.02, however, there were some problems which have to be fixed first. So stay tuned.

Along with this release comes yet another version of FontGen, which adds back all Windows codepages from 1250-1258. This was neccessary, because some of the ISO8859 fonts weren’t compatible with subtitles generated in windows and led to wrong output of the subtitles (cyrillic for example).

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

Nikolaos
August 4th, 2006, 15:22
Thanks For The Great hombrew!!

mag060790
August 4th, 2006, 15:27
can this program read non converted videos, such as .avi, straight from the memory stick?

felonyr301
August 4th, 2006, 20:45
No

felonyr301
August 4th, 2006, 20:46
best possible playback you can get for videos and only way for full res videos on the psp is by the pmp format period.

E.J.
August 4th, 2006, 21:35
Wow, thanks Raphael!!!, i really missed a lot of the features of the original M4.02g3 version, especially the resume one, i can't wait for the the PMPMOD 2.02M4.02g3 (cuz encoding in AVC is very Slow :D)

felonyr301
August 4th, 2006, 22:10
man i thought i was the only one about encoding in avc takes mah long compared to the other one. hope they find a way to make it faster because the avc videos are a tons better than the old one at the same bitrate i did a test already so let there be a faster way lol.

Voltron
August 5th, 2006, 20:47
I very much prefer AVC over regular MPEG-4 so this is VERY cool. I hope this project keeps growing.

Thanks to all involved for this release!