PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation 4 To Be Neutered, Rendered Disc-Less

wraggster
August 4th, 2006, 14:17
The PlayStation 3 isn't out yet, but that doesn't stop Sony's Phil Harrison from making wild speculations about the capability of Playstation 4. According to him, the PS4 won't support physical discs. At all. He opines:

I'd be amazed if the PlayStation 4 has a physical disc drive.
So you mean in 5-10 years, our home's series of tubes/big trucks/broadband connections will be fat enough to download a 50GB game in a decent amount of time? We sure hope so.

But wait, Phil! You mean those precious Blu-ray discs that your company's humping so hard is going to be gone by the time PS4 is out? Oh wait, Kotaku's Ashcraft already beat me to that joke/conclusion. Damn you Ash! Damn you and your 16-hour head start.

Video_freak
August 4th, 2006, 14:25
wow ps4? they start rumors early :rolleyes:

JKKDARK
August 4th, 2006, 16:11
lol what about PlayStation 9?

tisti
August 4th, 2006, 16:22
This is just like the PS3 sharing it CPU cycles with other PS3 via the net... :rolleyes:

motz
August 4th, 2006, 17:40
:rolleyes: Why do people always think 1 step ahead? The PS3 isn't even out yet and already we've got PS4 rumours.

BrooksyX
August 4th, 2006, 19:14
I was kind of thinking that the next gen consoles would have all of their games distrubeted over the net, it makes since as long they have a way to protect against piracy.

Video_freak
August 4th, 2006, 20:22
lol what about PlayStation 9?
i cant wait for the ps360 :D

Kaiser
August 4th, 2006, 21:20
My Playstation 5 is great. It handles all the household chores I'm to tired to do after a long day at the office. It walks my dog, makes my dinner, does my taxes and pleasures my wife. The games don't come in a disc format at all but in a tube containg a liquid which stores 1,000 GBs.

Accordion
August 4th, 2006, 21:53
ha kaisers a retro gamer... you must love you memories and old school stuff

playstation 20, is so incredible, the graphics are so good, reality is so full of jaggies it makes my eyes bleed...

BrooksyX
August 4th, 2006, 22:15
man you guys are living in the past, you need to get the playstation infiniti inplanted on your brain. No need for expenisve hd tv or costly speakers. Play all your games in SHDVR (Super High Def Virtual Reality). With a hundred terabyte hdd. Its the best gaming you will ever experience.

PyRoUK
August 5th, 2006, 01:37
My Playstation 5 is great. It... ...and pleasures my wife.
Gotta love them rumble-packs :)

Mr_Biggs
August 5th, 2006, 17:27
ok, the point is made now. mod, clozerize plz.