PDA

View Full Version : EA pins Medal of Honor to PSP

wraggster
August 4th, 2006, 23:15
News via CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=143970)

EA has announced Medal of Honor: Heroes (working title), a new, PSP-exclusive title in its WWII first-person shooter franchise.

It's said that in Heroes we'll be experiencing a brand new MoH single-player campaign, although EA has opted to re-introduce a number of lead characters from previous games in the series.

The publisher explains: "Take on the role of Lieutenant Jimmy Patterson - star of both the original Medal of Honor, and the classic Medal of Honor Frontline - in an untold chapter of his time in Holland as part of Operation Market Garden. Play as Sergeant John Baker, from Medal of Honor Allied Assault Breakthrough, and sabotage German defenses on the Italian coastline to help the invasion forces crack Hitler's iron hold on Europe!"

Advertisement:And finally: "Don the officer's cap of Lieutenant William Holt from Medal of Honor European Assault - and return to the Ardennes Forest during the Battle of the Bulge to complete unfinished business for the OSS."

Throughout the single-player action we will, apparently be unlocking 20-plus "classic" characters that can be used in Heroes' multiplayer mode. The game features a total of six multiplayer modes and 15 multiplayer maps, supporting up to a pretty impressive 32 players in wireless shootouts. In addition, "Gamers can play with up to 8 others across the room in a local impromptu game" and "'Quickplay' missions in skirmish game mode, allow players to jump right into the action or to create customized mission scenarios for added re-playability."

Screens Via Comments

notaforumtroll
August 4th, 2006, 23:25
Medal of honor was a cool game, im quite curious how EA is going to ruin this title for psp with another shitty half assed bug filled port! Of course i probably wont buy it anyway, and i encourge others to boycott ea games too at unleast until they can release some quality products

SteveV2
August 5th, 2006, 00:03
Personally I'd rather see MOH-U on a psone emu. Now that was a great game.

This one does look very polished mind :)

pt9087
August 5th, 2006, 00:26
mm not bad but it will probably be a shitty game on the psp...

QueadlunnRau
August 5th, 2006, 01:53
Medal of honor was a cool game, im quite curious how EA is going to ruin this title for psp with another shitty half assed bug filled port! Of course i probably wont buy it anyway, and i encourge others to boycott ea games too at unleast until they can release some quality products

Yeah EA hasn't come out with anything decent for the PSP yet. IMO

Personally I am kinda sick of the whole WWII FPS. They need to come out with a WWI or Civil War FPS to be original now ... Imagine firing a straight bore musket at a firing line then people with bayonetts charging you with canon balls whizzing by.

Fist thing I would do is kill my own Lt. and take his saber and go to town.

The_Lead_Factor
August 5th, 2006, 04:36
If they pull this off... :eek:

smith1
August 5th, 2006, 05:30
Horrah. Models look like crap.

NeoXCS
August 5th, 2006, 08:27
It looks like it might be pretty good. :p And it's a bit unfair to think of it in terms of how good it is compared to a PS2 version. It would be better to say this is the best you've seen of MOH so far on PSP and there is always room for improvement! ;) The models aren't that bad, even though I think the PSP itself is capable of better. :D

mr_nick666
August 5th, 2006, 17:33
It looks like it might be pretty good. :p And it's a bit unfair to think of it in terms of how good it is compared to a PS2 version. It would be better to say this is the best you've seen of MOH so far on PSP and there is always room for improvement! ;) The models aren't that bad, even though I think the PSP itself is capable of better. :D

/\ /\ Totally agree! :) I like this series of games though so I hope its good (its got to have two player option too!) :p

pt9087
August 5th, 2006, 17:35
i dont belive MOH will be anything like the ps2 version. im just waiting for oblivion, suposedly it will come out.

Kramer
August 5th, 2006, 17:42
this sounds good online play with up to 32 people hope the controls dont suck though

Broadus
August 20th, 2006, 08:21
Man, I can't wait for this game. Obviously, the control scheme will be like every other PSP shooter. As in, loaded with auto-aiming, which in a PC game would be seen as cheating. Still, SOCOM has done really well as a PSP shooter (especially on the multiplayer), even with auto-aiming, which shows that weirdly limited, one-joystick controls aren't everything, as long as the controls are responsive.
Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault and European Assault show that the Medal of Honor team realizes people that play World War 2 games want battles alongside fellow soldiers, unlike what happened in every Medal of Honor game before Pacific Assault, where teamwork was at a minimum...
So, the single player looks like it will be fun and loaded with crazy action and teamwork, the kind of stuff that makes a good war game, and stuff like that would be impressive and new to the PSP.
That multiplayer looks like it will be great, too. The equivalent of a PC game's multiplayer. And I thought sixteen players was pretty amazing. Thirty-two! That's just crazy. Yet awesome.
That game looks like it'll be pretty well-detailed for a shooter PSP game, too.