PDA

View Full Version : CW Cheat v0.1.1

wraggster
August 5th, 2006, 00:36
Weltall (http://www.consoleworld.org/showthread.php?t=8482)has released a new version of the Cheating Device for DevHook.

This is a prx which works under devhook and can cheat every devhook-compatible game under firmware emulation This works through raw-relative cheat codes like action replay, codebreaker, gameshark, xploder, etc. Other than this, it has support to other function which are usefull for cheat finder and normal users (like battery, cpu/bus clock, devhook version, ms free/total space information)

CW Cheat v0.1.1 changelog:

CORE PRX

now you can exit the main menu with O
in the main menu if you press X on return to game (or O) the prx will wait for you to release the x button. In this way you will avoid not wanted keypresses when exiting
in the submenus it will wait you to release O button when exiting
now when you press up when you are on the first entry it will go to the last entry. If you press down when you are on the last entry it will go to the first entry
in the cheat selection submenu you can keep a button pressed and it will automatically repeat so you can scrool large code list in less time
Now dump are endless they will be made in different files till you finish the free space on memory stick then it will start again with the first dump
added 33 mhz for cpu and 16mhz for bus
added an enable usb function. it will load in game the usb mass function so you can access your ms while playing to make cheat quicker and without a card reader.
NOTE1: it will be disabled while dump to be re-enabled after
NOTE2: sometimes when writing to ms from pc the psp doesn’t flush the cache so if you change the database it could still be not updated. if this happen a workaround is ejecting the memory stick and putting it in again.
NOTE3: you need to disable usbhostfs to make usb mass work
added “enable usb” options
fixed some buffer overflow in the cheat.db parsing function
now you can give to the game names up to 30 chars (before was 20)
now you can give to the cheat names up to 30 chars (before was 20)
now you can store up to 500 cheats for game (before was 400)
other little things and optimizations
INSTALLER EBOOT

updated included database
updated included prx
added option usb enable
now you can configure cwcheat from the installer also without the cwcheat.ini
CHEAT FINDER

now you can force 8/16/32bit search or keep to AUTO like before
now 16/32bit search have the right endianess (little endian) so if you had problem with these searches before try again
NOW IT’S IN ENGLISH AND ITALIAN!
As I mentioned previously it’s wise you read the manual to develop a good understanding on how this powerful application works.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Sterist
August 5th, 2006, 00:47
NOTE:

If your devhook config file (ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM/config.cfg) loads the prx on start up, and you update to this newer release, 1.5 will be temporarely bricked. devhook wlan start up and recovery mode are independant from 1.5 so they still work. load up one of them, and put a # at the very start of the line.

this prx seems to work by booting a game.

_________

do not fear bricked psp's ;) the custom firmware that allows you to load extra modules on start up, is the same one that comes with recovery mode, so you're good to go, no matter what. just connect the usb and change the file (as stated above)

Jmax
August 5th, 2006, 02:05
Is this like gameshark/action replay on your PSP?

tophead420
August 5th, 2006, 08:52
i dont understand how this works and how do i make a cheat its totally confusing can somone help me out

whitefeather
August 5th, 2006, 09:05
ya same as above i asked the creator for help he told me to look at the manual lol

gamesquest1
August 5th, 2006, 21:45
Hi i cant get the USB thing to work has anybody got the usb feature working..........windows makes the device found noise but noting shows up :( i want to make cheats

sirhax0r
August 17th, 2006, 18:54
It does work, though!