PDA

View Full Version : CAPCOM CPS2 Emulator for PSP (test ver.2)

siulmagic
August 5th, 2006, 05:52
NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/cps2.html) has released a new test version of his Capcom CPS2 Emulator for the PSP, the Games are all Arcade classics so once the emulator is working at a good speed then it will be a killer emulator for the PSP.

Download and Give Feedback/Compatibility Reports Via Comments

kando
August 5th, 2006, 11:48
from the FPS reports of the previous test release, my hopes are growing ever more, and this quick update release reassures my hopes :)

NJ you are godlike!

ACID
August 5th, 2006, 13:10
NJ you should be on a pedastel. Even you sayd this wasent going to look good. Then again i think your a perfectionest. So what next CPS3. LOL just kidding. You rule

SCSA
August 5th, 2006, 13:11
NJ is the MAN!!!!!!

Video_freak
August 5th, 2006, 13:18
NJ is one of the most talented out there. thank you for bringning cps2 to psp :)

madd
August 5th, 2006, 13:20
lol does this mean, that NJ will continue working on this emu? i thought a full speed emulation isn't possible. or is it possible?

and how do i come into the main menu? i tried all buttons, and L+R, L+R+Start and L+R+selcect.
lol i know that this is a stupid question

SmashinGit
August 5th, 2006, 13:25
Press select and start together. I'm totally blown away by this emulator. Thanks NJ.

aries2k4
August 5th, 2006, 13:58
This is one amazing emu.
Just a little confused. I could have sworn through the translation of his page that he was giving up on it.
I was expecting like 10 fps and no sound.
Way beyond my expectations.
There is only one thing that I clould wish for on NJ´s emus. ADHOC. It would be great to play these with 2 players. Just like the arcade.
Keep up the great work NJ!!!

madd
August 5th, 2006, 14:01
Press select and start together. I'm totally blown away by this emulator. Thanks NJ.

ah i see
thx for the info

Mr.Denny
August 5th, 2006, 14:13
Can anyone name any games that work?.

Cho Aniki
August 5th, 2006, 14:30
Mr denny more or less everything works , but I recomend trying all the shooters since they run better than 2d fighters are are more fun:P

hack.fool
August 5th, 2006, 14:42
yes. that would be great if someone post a game list with the zipname too cause there's a lot of set for each games..
example: I'm tring D&D tod (ddtodur1)
but freeze when loading..wich one I have to try?

ACID
August 5th, 2006, 15:10
yes. that would be great if someone post a game list with the zipname too cause there's a lot of set for each games..
example: I'm tring D&D tod (ddtodur1)
but freeze when loading..wich one I have to try?
Normally the complete sets of this type of Roms are the world version the Europe version or the US version in that same order. I know we want to use as little space as possible but this are also the biggest of the sets you will find they are called parent sets. And with this you can also use the smaller sets but this ones have to be on your ROM folder.

Vega
August 5th, 2006, 15:43
does marvel vs capcom work? And also, does CPS1 games work on this cps2 emulator?

Sauron96
August 5th, 2006, 16:19
...what does the RASTER effect do in both the CPS1 & CPS2 emulator? All I notice is the games I try, run better with it OFF so what does it do? thx

Vega
August 5th, 2006, 16:23
seems the raster effects to do something to the foreground and background (doesnt alter the graphics). turning them off makes beat-em-ups run alot better.

jinqui242
August 5th, 2006, 16:32
Can anyone name any games that work?.

On the first page of the forum for CPS2 Test 1, there is a list somebody made up.

Vega
August 5th, 2006, 16:35
does anyone have any idea why Super Street Fighter 2 TURBO will not convert? Its the only game I've come across which wont create a cache file. Its F*cking annoying.

Vega
August 5th, 2006, 16:45
question: What system did Super Street Fighter X: Grand master Challenge run on?

r8cer
August 5th, 2006, 16:47
I have These Working 50 - 60 fps

D&D Som

D&D TOD

Gigawing

Super Puzzle Fighter

Super Gem Fighter

Dimahoo

Alien Vs Predator

19xx

YEAH!!! I GOT PUZZLE FIGHTER!!!!

Vega
August 5th, 2006, 16:55
Working games:

mighty pang
ring of destruction : slammasters 2
street fighter alpha 3 (40 - 60 fps depending on the background)
Super Gem Fighter - Megamix
Super Street fighter 2 : TNC
X-men : CotA

luis_05
August 5th, 2006, 17:11
Sound is still not good but its tolerable( i think thats how u spell it help! )

19xx-The war against destiny-does not work

1944-does not work- :-(

Super Figher Puzzle2-feels like if its running at full speed, it not slow, really fast-nice game :-)

Alien vs. Predator(euro)-not working

Battle Circuit-not working

Capcom Sports club- not working

Darkstalkers-not working

Dimahoo-not working

Dungeons and dragons- not working

Eco fighters- not working

Giga wing- not working

Mega Man 2- not working

Am i doing something wrong it keep saying-
"could not open file.tile8_usage(tile(8x8) pen usage)

The only game that works is street fighter puzzle, will post more in 20 minutes :-)

Nookadum
August 5th, 2006, 17:13
Does this work on 2.0+ PSPs as well? :)

mr_nick666
August 5th, 2006, 17:23
Im coming in late on this one! :( All I can say is WOW! :D

ste
August 5th, 2006, 17:29
Sound is still not good but its tolerable( i think thats how u spell it help! )

19xx-The war against destiny-does not work

1944-does not work- :-(

Super Figher Puzzle2-feels like if its running at full speed, it not slow, really fast-nice game :-)

Alien vs. Predator(euro)-not working

Battle Circuit-not working

Capcom Sports club- not working

Darkstalkers-not working

Dimahoo-not working

Dungeons and dragons- not working

Eco fighters- not working

Giga wing- not working

Mega Man 2- not working

Am i doing something wrong it keep saying-
"could not open file.tile8_usage(tile(8x8) pen usage)

The only game that works is street fighter puzzle, will post more in 20 minutes :-)

Sounds like you're not converting the roms or you need to check your romset. I've got most of those working very nicely.

inlovewithi
August 5th, 2006, 17:46
The PSP has horrible control, just the worst control design ever, which pretty much shows that playing games wasn't the 1st concern for Sony. Does anyone know where we can get one of those Capcom PSP D-Pad adapter. It's almost impossible to do a hadoken on the PSP D-Pad, and very uncomfortable with the analog stick.

Nookadum
August 5th, 2006, 17:56
WFM. Maybe you're not pressing the buttons properly. Also the analog stick works fine when doing Hadouken or Shoryuken.

Any word on 2.0+ support? I've got another PSP here (sadly TA-082, but 2.6) that's itching for this new homebrew. :D

luis_05
August 5th, 2006, 18:14
Sounds like you're not converting the roms or you need to check your romset. I've got most of those working very nicely.

ummm......they are in zip format. How do i check the romset? thanks for help dude

ste
August 5th, 2006, 18:21
ummm......they are in zip format. How do i check the romset? thanks for help dude

You need to download a program called Romcentre and get the .dat files for MAME .106

This prg will scan your zip files and re-name any bad files within them. Then you can convert the zips with the prg that comes with this emulator.

XEvilBladesX
August 5th, 2006, 18:45
Here is a list of all the CPS2 games with updates on the ones tested.

I will update the list with what fps they run at.

1944 The Loop Master -60+fps (xiringu)
19XX The War Against Destiny
Alien Vs. Predator -55~60fps w/ 22khz sound(QueadlunnRau)
Battle Circuit -50~60fps (jaydee73)
Capcom Sports Club Dunk Stars, Smash Stars, Kick Stars
Choko
Cyberbots Fullmetal Madness
Dungeons & Dragons Shadow over Mystara -55~60fps w/ 22khz sound (QueadlunnRau)
Dungeons & Dragons Tower of Doom -60fps w/ 22khz sound (jaydee73)
Galum Pa!
Giga Wing -60fps w/ 22khz sound(QueadlunnRau)
Great Mahou Daisakusen / Dimahoo
Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition
Jyangokushi Haoh no Saihai
Mars Matrix Hyper Solid Shooting -50~60fps (XEvilBladesX)
Marvel Super Heroes -Menu-60fps In Game- 30~60fps (XEvilBladesX)
Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter -Menu- 30~60fps In Game- 5~25fps (XEvilBladesX)
Marvel Vs. Capcom : Clash of Super Heroes -25~35fps (US Version) (QueadlunnRau)
Mighty! Pang -60+fps (xiringu)
Pnickies
Pocket Fighter / Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix -45~60fps (QueadlunnRau)
Powered Gear / Armored Warriors -60fps w/ 22khz sound (QueadlunnRau)
Progear no Arashi / Progear -50~60fps w/ 22khz sound (ronin47)
Puzz Loop 2 -60+fps (xiringu)
Quiz Nanairo Dreams Nijiirochou no Kiseki
RockMan The Power Battle
RockMan 2 / Mega Man 2 The Power Fighters -60 fps w/ 22khz sound (SpacemanSpiff)
Street Fighter Zero / Alpha -40~60fps (jaydee73)
Street Fighter Zero 2 / Alpha 2 -60fps (delt31)
Street Fighter Zero 3 / Alpha 3 -Menu- 5~60fps In Game- 2~30fps (XEvilBladesX)
Super Muscle Bomber / Ring of Destruction
Super Puzzle Fighter II X / Turbo -60+fps (xiringu)
Super Street Fighter II The New Challengers -45~60fps (delt31)
Super Street Fighter II X / Turbo: Grand Master Challenge -45~60fps w/ sound (ronin47 )
Ultimate Ecology / Eco Fighters -60fps (jaydee73)
Vampire / Darkstalkers The Night Warriors
Vampire Hunter / Night Warriors Dstlkers Revenge
Vampire Hunter 2 Darkstalkers Revenge -Menu- 50~60 Fps In Game- 15~30 Fps w/ sound (XEvilBladesX)
Vampire Savior The Lord of Vampire
Vampire Savior 2 The Lord of Vampire
X-Men Children of the Atom -30~40fps (jaydee73)
X-Men Vs. Street Fighter -30~40fps (US Version) (QueadlunnRau)

This has already been done for most games, why can't we just stick to 1 thread?

luis_05
August 5th, 2006, 19:10
You need to download a program called Romcentre and get the .dat files for MAME .106

This prg will scan your zip files and re-name any bad files within them. Then you can convert the zips with the prg that comes with this emulator.

Thanks a lot dude!!! this shiatzu rocks!!!

Voltron
August 5th, 2006, 19:37
Much thanks to NJ. His die-hard perseverance is very much appreciated and admired. True dedication against all odds.

Amazing NJ! Amazing!

I saw Alien vs. Predator in the games list. How is this game? IS it just a fighting game or is it similar to an FPS?

vettacossx
August 5th, 2006, 19:49
omg omg omg omg omg omg omg i cant freeekin beleave it THE DAY HAS COME ive been begging for this for a year! MARVEL VS CAPCOM OMG O M G OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think i nearly shat myself!!!!!!!!!!!!! is this really happening!!! somebudy pich me hoply freekin
sh!t

vettacossx
August 5th, 2006, 19:49
omg omg omg omg omg omg omg i cant freeekin beleave it THE DAY HAS COME ive been begging for this for a year! MARVEL VS CAPCOM OMG O M G OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think i nearly shat myself!!!!!!!!!!!!! is this really happening!!! somebudy pich me hopy freekin
sh!t

QueadlunnRau
August 5th, 2006, 20:37
omg omg omg omg omg omg omg i cant freeekin beleave it THE DAY HAS COME ive been begging for this for a year! MARVEL VS CAPCOM OMG O M G OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think i nearly shat myself!!!!!!!!!!!!! is this really happening!!! somebudy pich me hopy freekin
sh!t

*pinch* Yes this is really happening ... yes Marvel VS Capcom IS playable!!! 25~50fps even with sound. ^_^

Raster off
Auto Frameskip OFF
Frameskip 1-2
FPS Limit OFF

Sound On or Off (only lose about 5~10 fps with on for mine)

QueadlunnRau
August 5th, 2006, 20:50
After extensive testing last night ... I have come up with some pretty damn good universal settings for most fighting games. These settings seem to give me good overall fps and playability for all the games I tested.

Raster Effects: Off
Stretch Screen: Your preferrence
Video sync: Off
Auto Frameskip: Off!
Frameskip: 0~1 (setting it anything higher then 1 gives lower fps and a glitch game play trust me.)
Show FPS: On
60fps limit: Off (Unless the game runs too fast aka Aliens Vs Predator can run at crazy high FPS damn good emulator lol).

Enable Sound: Yes (Setting to "No" on some games will increase around 5~10 fps.)
Sample Rate: 11025Hz (I did a blind test to hear the difference from 22050Hz and 11025Hz and could not tell ... maybe I am deaf though O.o)
PSP Clock: 333MHz (Can lower this for side scrolling beat em up's like AVP or WOF).

I have tested about 20 of the games on my list, all seem to run great at these settings although for the beat em ups make sure to set 60fps limit on, unless you like playing in turbo mode.

subcomander
August 5th, 2006, 23:12
theres another version out!!
http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/cps2.html

Festizzio
August 5th, 2006, 23:16
How fast can he release these things!:eek: This emulator rocks!:D

P.S. I like the new DCemu logo!

aries2k4
August 5th, 2006, 23:45
Lol, haven´t had a chance to check out test vesion 2 yet. was actually pretty satisfied with ver.1.
So this is test vesion 3? I imagine it will be just about perfect for version alpha 1, lol

Plowking
August 6th, 2006, 00:50
NJ is a genius whose only limits appear to be the PSP hardware and memory itself!

P.S. - it works perfect on 2.00 + but it has to be run from the GTA loader.

I have FW 2.00 and while everything else I have runs through eloader normally, this needs the GTA version.