PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcast Lives On Through Digital Downloads

wraggster
June 10th, 2010, 22:26
There have been rumors and rating board leaks hinting at a Dreamcast digital comeback. Today, Sega confirmed the rumors.

Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi will be re-released this fall on PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade. Sega enhanced both titles with modern features such as high resolution visuals, surround sound, trophies/achievements, and online leaderboards. While Sega is making some improvements, these are essentially the Dreamcast classics you love (or hate) transferred over fiber optic cables.

“There are few things that are more requested from us than making Dreamcast classics available for download in today’s digital market place. We’re very excited to begin offering gamers our beloved Dreamcast titles again on the current console systems,” said Haruki Satomi, VP of Digital Business at SEGA of America.

C’mon Sega, let’s see Jet Grind Radio, Shenmue, and Illbleed next. Those are some of my picks. What are yours?

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/06/10/dreamcast-lives-on-through-digital-downloads/

Emulation_Chief
June 11th, 2010, 05:49
Hello:

My top Dreamcast remake picks for Digital Downloads are:

Jet Grind Radio

Shenmue -although a Disc based remake and sequel will be better.

Space Channel 5 - with motion control option.

Skies of Arcadia - with the downloadable content... for download;-)

Fighting Vipers - although a Fighter's Megamix would be better.

Phantasy Star Online

Outtrigger

Alienfront Online

Metropolis Street Racer

Giant Gram 2000 - or a complete new version. Also available in USA.

HeadHunter - and its sequel, preferably, on a disc bundle.

spinksy
June 11th, 2010, 16:58
am i the only one the who gets kinda annoyed by this kind of thing -

people are going to download these games and be like 'wow these are cool' - but these are going to be the same people who back in the day bought crappy PS2's and slated the DC

VampDude
June 12th, 2010, 15:26
am i the only one the who gets kinda annoyed by this kind of thing.

Yes... Because you are missing the point.

XDelusion
June 14th, 2010, 04:29
Toy Commander and Toy Commander, oh and Toy Commander, but for the Wii.

VampDude
June 16th, 2010, 17:05
Toy Commander and Toy Commander, oh and Toy Commander, but for the Wii.

I shouldn't encourage the ideas, because I know companies steal ideas from the internet...

But the Wii-Remote as an aeroplane... Or a toy car with an add-on to give the Wii-Remote wheels!! :eek:

--

Did you mean Toy Commander and Toy Racer, but Toy Commander? (they should be one) :p

Elven6
June 18th, 2010, 22:45
Kinda mixed on this, I want Dreamcast games to be experienced again by a new group of people but I don't want them to become the new "Genesis" games where we see a new compilation every week.