PDA

View Full Version : WiFiController v0.3

wraggster
August 5th, 2006, 10:40
David Rudie (http://imk.cx/psp/wificontroller/) has updated his Wifi Controller app for the PSP. heres what it is:

This basically turns your PSP into a controller for your PC (running Windows). How it works is that PPJoy provides a way to create a virtual joystick. We can then communicate with this virtual joystick as though it were a real joystick. This is accomplished by running a server in Microsoft Windows. The server just runs in the background waiting for a connection. When you start the WiFiController program on your Sony PSP it will establish a network connection over wireless using infrastructure mode. Once it establishes a connection and obtains an IP address it will connect to the server running on your PC. Once it has connected to your PC it will act just like a regular joystick.

Heres the changes

v0.3)
* Cleaned up and added more detailed instructions.
* Fixed up on-screen display some.
* Added some more detailed battery information.
* Cleaned up the connection code some.
* Moved some text strings to a new file.
* Cleaned up code overall.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

d3v1l
August 5th, 2006, 11:23
so this makes ur psp a joypad for ur pc?

Dutt
August 5th, 2006, 11:45
i get an error...for the PC test thingy..

C:\>sockettest
PSP Controller test PC host
Mikko Mononen 2005

Press Esc to quit.

CreateFile failed with error code 2 trying to open \\.\PPJoyIOCTL1 device

C:\>

Video_freak
August 5th, 2006, 13:23
so this makes ur psp a joypad for ur pc?
ya, it lets you use your psp as a joybad for pc games through your wireless router :D
thanks for the release David Rudie :)

Hungry Horace
August 5th, 2006, 15:09
edit: anyone getting the sceNetApctlConnect returns 80110601 error... re-steup you network settings from scratch. i found deleting my old settings and making a new one with everything on "auto" fixed the problem. :)

yk808
August 5th, 2006, 15:20
i have no errors at all, but it just doesn't work. it installs fine, it says its connected to the right ip, the joystick shows up i the game controller control panel. however, it doesn't register inputs at all. SocketTest.exe reports no errors.

help?

jinqui242
August 5th, 2006, 16:21
So there's no way to use this if you don't have a WiFi router?

Video_freak
August 5th, 2006, 16:30
So there's no way to use this if you don't have a WiFi router?
no. there getting cheap these days, so you might wan o consider buying a $15 one

jinqui242
August 5th, 2006, 16:35
no. there getting cheap these days, so you might wan o consider buying a $15 one

Thanks. I've been using the PS2 Logitech wireless controller with PC adapter and that works great. Maybe in the future I'll get a router.

yk808
August 5th, 2006, 17:00
has anyone gotten this to successfully work? i'm not getting any response from my pc when i have it all running.

could it be a router problem or something? my computer and psp are on the same router.

pt9087
August 5th, 2006, 17:44
:) dude did you reboot ur pc cos i had that problem :)

Voltron
August 5th, 2006, 20:39
ya, it lets you use your psp as a joybad for pc games through your wireless router :D
thanks for the release David Rudie :)

WHAT? Are you ****** serious? That is awesome. I will definitely have to give this a whirl.

T-Locc
August 16th, 2006, 10:25
edit: anyone getting the sceNetApctlConnect returns 80110601 error... re-steup you network settings from scratch. i found deleting my old settings and making a new one with everything on "auto" fixed the problem. :)

whats up hungry horace? I've been trying to get the wifi controller to work too, but man, I seem to always be getting that error "sceNetApctlConnect returns 80110601" I wonder why? I tried reinstalling the ppjoy drivers, reinstalling the psp files, and i even rebooted my computer hoping for some luck, but nothing..I see you found a solution, could you be a little more specific on how you did it? thanks alot, and hope to hear from you soon