PDA

View Full Version : Official Response From Microsoft On Emergence Day - Nothing To Do With PS3

wraggster
August 5th, 2006, 15:46
Some info from Team Xbox (http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/11501/Official-Response-Regarding-Emergence-Day/)

Releasing the game five days before the PlayStation 3 launch was your original plan, no matter when Sony releases its next-generation console?

Microsoft Spokesperson: The game is not being held to coincide with any other company’s release schedule. The game is still being finalized and now that Emergence Day has been announced, we’ve set a clear deadline to complete it.

Gears of War will be the first game published by Microsoft Game Studios to cost more than $49.99, with the limited collector’s edition selling for 70 bucks. What is the reason for that change and can Xbox 360 owners expect other first and second party games like Halo 3 or Mass Effect to cost this much?

Microsoft Spokesperson: It's up to publishers to value their games and it's up to the market to decide if publishers get it right. Of course, every game will be evaluated for value on a case-by-case basis - that won't change. As for us, we will ship our games at parity pricing with the current generation.

MasterChafed
August 5th, 2006, 21:34
I honestly dont care about the price (if its not above 80 or so bux) I will buy this game no matter what. I have had my eye on this game for a long time, and if there are other games that i dont feel like paying that much for, i will just rent it from Gamefly. Hell, gamefly even lets u keep the game for a buy it now sort of price, which is ofter 20 dollars lower (if u wait) than retail.