PDA

View Full Version : WiFi Controller v0.4

wraggster
August 5th, 2006, 21:12
David Rudie (http://imk.cx/psp/wificontroller/) has updated his Wifi Controller app for the PSP. heres what it is:

This basically turns your PSP into a controller for your PC (running Windows). How it works is that PPJoy provides a way to create a virtual joystick. We can then communicate with this virtual joystick as though it were a real joystick. This is accomplished by running a server in Microsoft Windows. The server just runs in the background waiting for a connection. When you start the WiFiController program on your Sony PSP it will establish a network connection over wireless using infrastructure mode. Once it establishes a connection and obtains an IP address it will connect to the server running on your PC. Once it has connected to your PC it will act just like a regular joystick.

Heres the changes

Cleaned up code some more and removed old header files not used anymore.
Added ability to select which WLAN configuration to use.
L+R+START now inverts analog Y in case some games don't support it.
Probably new bugs introduced. :)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Voltron
August 5th, 2006, 22:00
WOW! An update already? Nice!

So with this set up and connected correctly you could use your PSP as a Nintendo or GBA controller for an EMU running on the PC or Laptop?

That would be pretty damn cool. Thanks for the update!

fistikuffs
August 5th, 2006, 22:20
Thats exactly what it does!!! Im running v0.2 and it works a treat. Easily one of my fav bits of homebrew:D

Kramer
August 5th, 2006, 22:47
this just keeps getting better i cant wait to get my wifi link from lik sang hopefully it aint too shabby.

drew4237
August 6th, 2006, 15:38
if i want to install this i dont have to reistall anything on my pc just the psp folders right?

Video_freak
August 6th, 2006, 18:13
if i want to install this i dont have to reistall anything on my pc just the psp folders right?
yes. thanks for the release David Rudie

pkmaximum
August 6th, 2006, 22:19
Is anybody having trouble setting this up, because I reconfigured the I.P. adress and everything to foward it to my laptop, and I didn't succeed, so if anybody else has a solution that would be apprecaited a lot.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Edit::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::

Never Mind I figured out the problem and it runs great, now I don't have to go out and buy more joy pads to play multiplayer with my m8s

urherenow
August 8th, 2006, 06:24
I believe you have to download and install ppjoy on your PC.
EDIT(The above is correct)

does anybody know of a place where I can get a direct download if ppjoy? It's a freeware app and all but I can only find it at places like simtel and what not that use javascript for the downloads.

The above is correct as well. Unauthorised for mirroring and what not.

Anyway... I finally got this thing working. I have an older laptop (No native USB 2.0, Athlon 4 CPU [you had to pay close attention to even know that cpu existed because it was on the shelves for about a minute] and a max of like 312MB system ram (and 8MB video ram) Basically a piece of crap. This, a cheap PC card USB 2.0 adapter (again one of the first, purchaced in Hong Kong so it probably doesn't meet specs) and a WifiMax USB dongle for the connection.

All of this crap made my eperience... not all that. But it actually was very cool playing SNES on my laptop with the PSP!!! All in all there was too much lag in the controller response so actual game play is out for me. Just something to show off with :)

Does someone with a better setup get good response? Good enough for fast paced fighting games or racing games?

Not sure why it needs to make 4 connections to work though... maybe that's where some of the lag is caused? My setup sucks regardless so I do reccomend anyone to try this it is very cool and it might not be nearly as bad as it seems on my end.

Malismalis
May 31st, 2010, 23:11
can u say how you connected psp by wifi to your laptop?