PDA

View Full Version : Easy Corruption Fixer

wraggster
August 5th, 2006, 21:15
uber0ne (http://uber0ne.blogspot.com/) a member of our forums has released something for the new comers to the PSP scene, heres what he posted:

This is for you n00bs out there. Are you getting corruptions and having to keep reformatting the memory stick? Do you not want to ask a question about it because you will feel like a n00b (and the moderation on these forums isnt very good so people will probably flame you). Well you CAN fix corruptions. Although if this happens to a game save it may not fix it.

Instructions.
1. Connect your PSP
2. Open my application and select your PSP drive
3. Click fix corruption
4. Wait for it to repair then exit windows.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Voltron
August 5th, 2006, 21:55
This looks useful.

How does this check/fix though?

Does it just automate the CHKDSK command that you would normally type in the DOS PROMPT?

pspfan
August 5th, 2006, 22:19
Is this for movies, too or does this just hide the corrupted icons in PSP/GAME? I've had a problem with two different movies that got corrupted randomly. The first oen was fine when I loaded it back on and I just deleted the second one and haven't reloaded it yet.

V3N0M
August 5th, 2006, 22:37
Very intresting. This should be helpfull to those who use it. BTW I'm
Visiting this site using a black berry as I am currentaly travaling accross country. I guess this black berry ended up being usefull after all. Lol =). Later.

SnoopKatt
August 5th, 2006, 22:43
This would be quite useful for me.

Iceman8674
August 5th, 2006, 23:02
Is this just for corrupted icons or is it suppose to fix all errors on the xmb?

rock_light
August 6th, 2006, 00:13
to run this app i need to install v2.0.50727 of .net framework.

this app couldn't have come out at a better time. I just had this happen trying to get rss to work.

Sabermickey
August 6th, 2006, 00:24
I have not been a member here long but I finally found something I want to reply to.
I have found that certain SNES emulators will frag up my memory card but I have no idea really why. I was using a recent version of SNES9xTYL that would work great for a little while but would totally freeze up my card where I was forced to format it. Now, today, I loaded what I thought was a more trustworthy version...and it got stuck on black screen.
So, I tried this program.
Now I have to install .NET Framework to get it to work.
Oh well. :p
Loaner computer = can't do much with it. :(

Broonale
August 6th, 2006, 00:51
Very nice!

V3N0M
August 6th, 2006, 01:01
I have not been a member here long but I finally found something I want to reply to.
I have found that certain SNES emulators will frag up my memory card but I have no idea really why. I was using a recent version of SNES9xTYL that would work great for a little while but would totally freeze up my card where I was forced to format it. Now, today, I loaded what I thought was a more trustworthy version...and it got stuck on black screen.
So, I tried this program.
Now I have to install .NET Framework to get it to work.
Oh well. :p
Loaner computer = can't do much with it. :(

Well if you need any help with homebrew. Just read my banner. But this thread isn't the place to ask.

QueadlunnRau
August 6th, 2006, 02:11
Nice, I personally have no need for this, but do you think you could come out with a mind corruption correction utility?

My mind is fried ... extra crispy

dthpsc
August 6th, 2006, 02:17
Thanks for this tool. I was having problems with this a few weeks back. I think I might have fixed it using one of the windows tools but this still may come in handy.

Jmax
August 6th, 2006, 04:13
What type of thing does this fix?

mavsman4457
August 6th, 2006, 04:25
Worked like a charm.

felonyr301
August 6th, 2006, 06:13
nice program but i like to do everything manually lol so ill do it the old fashion way.

bah
August 6th, 2006, 08:27
How does this differ from windows checkdisc under properties/tools when u right click the drive in my computer?

To those who asked, this is to fix corrupted data on the memory stick, not to remove/modify you corrupt data homebrew folders resulting from KXploit. Those folders may contain corrupted data (I dont know, im still on 2.0), but the 1s n 0s are stored as they are intened to be and the file system is still correct.

This app is to help fix files on your memory stick that have been corrupted and no longer work, which seems to happen from time to time: especially with early releases of homebrew apps or after ungracefully exiting apps while they are doing somthing.

If homebrew apps stop working/start crashing where they didnt before then give this or windows checkdisc a try before you format your memory stick.

GSA1508
August 6th, 2006, 08:30
This is what I mean when talking about helping the rest of the PSP comunity; in special people like us (Noobs/newbies) or what I prefer to be called programing-challenged.:p

Thanks man for this great and easy-to-use program.:D

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
August 6th, 2006, 08:33
thx

Voltron
August 6th, 2006, 15:44
I use a good quality memory stick (SanDisk Ultra II) and the only thing that has ever left any corruptions was an older version of DevHook. But it was minor and did not get in the way of operation.

Running CHKDSK with F (fix) in the CMD prompt targeting the drive letter of the PSP fixes corruptions nicely.

hockey2112
August 14th, 2006, 07:58
Is there any way to recover a corrupt game save? My game save for Go Sudoku is no longer recognized by my PSP. I used this tool on my memory stick, and the game save still does not work. Please help! Thanks!