PDA

View Full Version : UFO Racer v0.2

wraggster
June 15th, 2010, 21:16
News via http://www.nintendomax.com/portal.php

ThatOtherPerson offers version 0.2 of "UFO Racer, racing game ship for the Wii.

When I Said That There Was That Could Be Accomplished nothing with a few "get / put pixel functions and a little bit of math I Should Have Said with a VERY little bit of math. Some Things I Improved, cut down on the number of and calculations got the game running far smoother. I Took out the frame counter That Was visible in the first version intended for anyone curious at all times ITS 50 and over DEPENDING ON WHERE you are on the track Often hitting the 60 frames per second throttle point.

The track IS far larger now am and is generated at start up using a series of placement of the tiles are loaded from Another Which file (similar to how in the WHERE Swingball Levels). In Other Words Will Be super quick it and easy for me to make tracks as Many as I want. Also it opens up for the Future The Possibility Of An addition in game level editor (I love games with level editors).

Also I'm now scaling up the size of the track Which didn't prononcer Wide Enough to me before. I did not Need to Increase the resolution of the tiles Though (Which are just Basically ripped from the tracks in That first version). Its Just Instead scaled up in realtime (Because of how ITS rotating the track There isn't really a cost to performance falling to scale it at the time Sami) Which Does not Really prononcer Pleasantly Enough to make it look pixelated at all. With a 640 × 480 image Stretched out onto a TV you really Need to try hard to get it to look pixelated INSTEAD of blurry lol.

I added more frames for rotation of the ship so the animation isn't so choppy it for Turning and When I Lowered the transparency of the glass so you can sorta see the alien in it.

The camera IS Positioned Further Ahead of you now so You Have a Better chance of Seeing whats ahead of you Into Before crashing it.

There Are Other tweaks aim and Improvement nothing else that's particularly bad at having to Be Noticeable.

At this point you just drive around Still the track on your own.