PDA

View Full Version : SpeccyDS WIP News

wraggster
August 6th, 2006, 00:10
CraigT (http://speccyds.wordpress.com/) has posted this news about his Spectrum emulator for the Nintendo DS:

Well, SpeccyDS hasn’t been getting the attention it deserves lately simply because I haven’t had much time to work on it. However, I have still made a bit of progress.

File loading is pretty much complete, along with a touch-screen controlled GUI (which currently looks like it was drawn by a 5-year old. Graphics has never been one of my strong points). Only .SNA files are supported at the moment, but it’s only a small step to add .Z80s.

This has let me quickly test a load of new games. Unfortunatly, I must have broke something somewhere in the CPU core since some games which I knew were working before (such as JSW) now have an annoying habit of crashing at startup.

An unexpected bonus of getting file support enabled is that I can now write debug log files out to my supercard. No more manually stepping through code! I can now run some Z80 code until it crashes and then browse through the log file. Much easier.

Screenshot Via Comments