PDA

View Full Version : [Rumor] Exploit Go with PSP fw 6.20? Yes, but ...

wraggster
June 16th, 2010, 23:08
News via http://www.psp-ita.com/?module=news&id=40112&view_reply=1

After a period of (almost) calm scene on the PSP this time we return to talk about possible exploits kernelThe attention of the coder, as usual, is made to the holders of the Go with PSP firmware 6.20, but does not exclude the possibility that this hypothetical exploit is exploitable even on the latest system software. The most encouraging news this time comes from the known Lan.st forum, where recently some Coyotebean confirmed to be in possession of a so-called kernel key is for fw 6.20 to 5.70 for both operating on the Go, but not only ... it seems that in recent times different teams have access to this exploit, and that some are already working on something more practical (read: HEN / custom firmware).
Before claiming victory, as we are now accustomed to, but we must remember that very often these "discoveries" are maintained secret convidise or are only a small group of coders, given the high probability that its bugs are quickly corrected in later releases by Sony, for this reason, if the rumors prove unfounded, we should wait some time before you touch the results.
Following are the words of Wololo, who expressed his opinion on this matter.

Quote:

Quote:

There is an implicit agreement among local hackers That These exploits SHOULD NOT be disclosed, Because kernel exploits Have Become Extremely Rare Since firmware 6.00 (it is believed a major cleanup of Sony's code Happened at That Time to protect the psp go), I know it is quite Likely That These Are Actually one single kernel exploits exploits (I know Revealing Would it ruin the Efforts of That other teams try to keep it secret). Also, Depending on the hackers, kernel exploits are kept secret for personal and / or ethical reasons.

Veskgar
June 17th, 2010, 22:02
Hmm. Seems more and more likely that eventually some sort of CFW will be available for the PSP Go. I almost want to purchase one to hold on to just in case.

M3wThr33
June 18th, 2010, 04:46
As long as Team GEN isn't involved, I'll be fine. Those ****ups still haven't fixed the save-game corrupting D3.

andwhyisit
June 18th, 2010, 15:13
As long as Team GEN isn't involved, I'll be fine. Those ****ups still haven't fixed the save-game corrupting D3.
They haven't fixed D3 because they quit the scene after someone tried to steal their work. Ever wonder about the lack of ANY new custom firmwares of late?

coolsoul
June 19th, 2010, 07:37