PDA

View Full Version : Another PowerBook violently explodes

wraggster
August 6th, 2006, 09:29
Just when we think these explosive batteries can't get any worse, then you see a PowerBook that looks like it was hit with a high powered explosive charge -- which, in a manner of speaking, it was. This unit was apparently a year old and wasn't even powered at the time it, um, went off -- 6:00AM. Talk about your rude awakenings. So please, people, learn from this rash of Li-ion explosions: you lessen your chances of battery combustion by returning them wherever possible, so return your frickin defective batteries, ok?

More info (http://www.flickr.com/photos/41783769@N00/)

ninja9393
August 6th, 2006, 09:41
woah thats some crazy exploding fotos
:D i like crazy exploing photos:D

Chairthrower
August 7th, 2006, 19:30
Whoa... ok, Apple isn't doing so well, since nobody I've talked to since the recall started even knew there was a problem with the batteries. (6 people I know have these laptops, and I know for sure that 2 of them are included in the recall. I don't remember for sure...)

In someone's lap, that would cause serious damage. At someone's side, that could be fatal if not treated quickly. For the love of God, people, Get The New Battery!

Wally
August 8th, 2006, 00:11
Damn.. that sucks..

Most people get their batteries from the recall because they say 'There is nothing wrong with them'

So instead of throwing the other out, they keep it and use it for themselves.

NoQuarter
August 8th, 2006, 00:39
They won't be including this in those commercials!

ExcruciationX
August 8th, 2006, 06:33
WHOA!!! (Excuse me for shouting) Exploding Powerbook batteries? Never heard of that before!