PDA

View Full Version : New DS Lite Cracks Appearing ?

wraggster
August 6th, 2006, 10:41
Several people have reported that they are having morer crack issues with the DS Lite, check out the screen via comments

Video_freak
August 6th, 2006, 10:43
aw man, that sucks. i have an original ds, which i bought right when the ds came out, and i still dont have any problems with it. i hope too many people dont have these cracks :(

p.s.: my ds's are American

scorpei
August 6th, 2006, 11:11
I have both types DS, and up until now I haven't had any cracks (though some other problems), it is a Europe DS so possibly they changed the formula (I haven't heard anyone in Europe complain about cracks).

iball
August 6th, 2006, 11:27
I have a European DS Lite as well with no cracks.

scottyboynow
August 6th, 2006, 11:31
i have a original ds its probably the best but thats my opinion

superfrenzy
August 6th, 2006, 13:33
I can't stand the R an L buttons on the lite, they aren't firm enough. The original DS' buttons click when pressed, that's firm feedback to the brain to tell you that the command went through okay.

A lighter screen and smaller, more delicate appearence is not worth 70 quid to upgrade.

basilb
August 6th, 2006, 14:10
the cracks could be occurring because of lowered quality standards in a bid for nintendo to meet the immense demand for the ds.

though if the cracks are appearing because of an overall design flaw, and this might seem ridiculous, it's possible nintendo will end up coming out with a ds lite 2 design. bring back the buttons and d-pad of the ds phat and place them in the lite case, but make the case slightly thicker when folded to bring durability back up to ds phat standard.

industry critics would accuse nintendo of milking the cash cow that is the DS. However, if it managed to rectify all the product flaws/weaknesses that undermine both versions of the DS, then i think it would be welcome.

CampaKaze
August 6th, 2006, 15:23
Lol im getting a DS Lite sometime soon idc really if thats the only crack that will show up :p wont keep me away from my games hehe

Video_freak
August 6th, 2006, 18:16
Lol im getting a DS Lite sometime soon idc really if thats the only crack that will show up :p wont keep me away from my games hehe
as long as they dont get to big, its nothing bad. its just a little flaw....

timofonic
August 6th, 2006, 18:32
http://dslcracked.awardspace.com

Raekwik11
August 6th, 2006, 18:57
http://dslcracked.awardspace.com

everyone there has cracks on the left side... weird

SSaxdude
August 6th, 2006, 19:07
I have no cracks in my DS Lite.

the_sorrow2691
August 6th, 2006, 20:30
yeah got a crack on the left hinge. I never have anything like that on any of my stuff.

Fanskapet
August 6th, 2006, 22:34
ah well people should be more carefull with their tech-stuff, my ds looks and works like a charm. although the touchscreen-panel seems a little bit loose, if one presses on it's border to the right side of it it moves in a bit, but it's no big deal, it's no that it's going to fall out or anything :)

drew4237
August 7th, 2006, 03:29
im thinking about getting a ds lite but all my friends just say it isnt worth it nintendo sucks but then my friend traded his xbox and everything for it for a gamecube. i would like it for sm64, the new mario game, and mario kart. i like mario games but i got a ps2 when it first came out then i got allot of games for it and i didnt want to have to buy all new games when my ps2 broke. it wouldnt read disks. so i bought one of the new ps2.
i think im gonna just buy the ****ing dslite cause i want it and im not gonna break it but i hope it doesnt crack on its own or in my pocket but even if it does it isnt like the top half is gonna fall of is it?

timofonic
August 7th, 2006, 07:44
Sorry to say, but your friends seems sony/microsoft fanboys that hate Nintendo. DS Lite is a great console with the best games on a handheld game console ever, it has a lot of games and most of them very good ones.

See the official sales:

Current Sales of Nintendo DS and DS Lite:

* worldwide: 21.27 million as of June 30, 2006
o Japan: 9.24 million (as of June 30, 2006)
o The Americas: 5.90 million (as of June 30, 2006)
o Other: 6.13 million (as of June 30, 2006)

Currently the Nintendo DS enjoys worldwide success, being the number one selling hardware in both America and Japan for the month of June 2006.[4] In Japan, the Nintendo DS has outsold the PlayStation Portable in total system sales for the year, outselling it by a ratio of more than 4:1 from January through July 16, 2006.

I'm also worried of the crack problem, but DS Lite is a great system. I know a lot of people with DS Lite an no problems, and some people with DS Lite and problems.

I will buy a DS Lite soon and I think the crack problems will be fixed quite soon. Generally the Nintendo products are of high quality, more than Sony ones for example.

If your friends said about buying a PSP, that device really sucks as game system cmpared with DS. Most of the games are ports from PS1/PS2, the screen is big but has an annoying blur effect, the controllers are not quite good and poor battery life, specially if using the practically defunct UMD discs. PSP has been selled worldwide 8 million only (not distributed, a lot difference), a lot less compared to the DS.

im thinking about getting a ds lite but all my friends just say it isnt worth it nintendo sucks but then my friend traded his xbox and everything for it for a gamecube. i would like it for sm64, the new mario game, and mario kart. i like mario games but i got a ps2 when it first came out then i got allot of games for it and i didnt want to have to buy all new games when my ps2 broke. it wouldnt read disks. so i bought one of the new ps2.
i think im gonna just buy the ****ing dslite cause i want it and im not gonna break it but i hope it doesnt crack on its own or in my pocket but even if it does it isnt like the top half is gonna fall of is it?

yeahx
August 7th, 2006, 16:11
I have the hinge crack and I can notice this other crack starting to form too

girardsummer
August 7th, 2006, 20:20
My DSLite not only cracked, but the WHOLE CORNER actually fell off. Then my brother threw it down the stairs. So now I'm getting a new black one. Damn those cracks to hell.

slitchfield
August 7th, 2006, 20:22
No crack here, but then we treat our electronics with kid gloves...!

Steve

dirtdigger
August 8th, 2006, 01:48
yo my ds headphones jack is only working with the left ear bud, i doubt it's the headset so i'm sure the ds is bunk now, only after 1 month. can i send it to nintendo to fix my shit? maybe paint it black too ;)

iball
August 8th, 2006, 08:04
yo my ds headphones jack is only working with the left ear bud, i doubt it's the headset so i'm sure the ds is bunk now, only after 1 month. can i send it to nintendo to fix my shit? maybe paint it black too ;)
Did you try another set of headphones with it?

chaos-is-me
August 8th, 2006, 11:51
I got my DS Lite on launch (in the UK) and I play it most everyday and it's fine. I have a black one though, is this only occuring on the white version?

Xtreme
August 9th, 2006, 23:46
I'm that thinking those cracks appears because you close the shell with your finger from the wrong place (too near from the pivot). The other cracks can happen if you drop your DS (I don't think anyone will admit it as long as they want free replacement of fix).

Tough plastic exists, but it's very very very expensive and can not be used on consumer products (If some company likes, they could use the tough plastic to make spare shells, but they could cost near to $100/shells).

AltDas
August 11th, 2006, 00:27
I have one small one on my hindge, is their any way I can repair it?

dirtdigger
August 12th, 2006, 01:38
Did you try another set of headphones with it?

yes actually new headphones did the trick... :P
ohwell i'll stick with white i guess, and hope no cracks develope.

kcajblue
August 14th, 2006, 16:28
I have one small one on my hindge, is their any way I can repair it?

the only way is to send it to nintendo for a repair.