PDA

View Full Version : Vice City Stories OPM Screens and Info!

wraggster
August 6th, 2006, 10:54
The best pure GTA news source (http://www.gtaportable.com/)has posted some new screenshots and more news about the new Grand Theft Auto game coming soon:

A few hours ago news popped out about a Vice City Stories preview in the Official PlayStation 2 Magazine (UK). Screenshots with ugly watermarks surfaced on one website, but we now have them - in higher resolution too! The screenshots can be seen below - with the first two being brand new. Be sure to read the details from the article after the jump.

• The Phoenix and Stinger makes a return to Vice City.
• Vic and Lance have grown up poor, and you start off in a trailer park - that's brand new to Vice City.
• There's a whole new cast of characters.
• Not only is the city bigger, it's more detailed.
• Buildings look cleaner, signs are at a much higher resolution, and the palm trees look better.
• Brand new pedestrians, and groups of the same type appear less together.
• Missions are much more varied than previous GTA's.
• Water effects have been improved, with a ''choppy-looking surface'' and weather affecting vehicle handling and swimming.
• Helicopters control smoothly
• Rockstar Leeds has been listening to YOUR thoughts on Liberty City Stories, like controlling issues, swimming and flying etc.
• As you probably know, the biker gang makes a return to Vice City. But, according to this article Big Mitch Baker will be the leader again. So expect to see him in the game!
• In one screenshot we see a silenced SMG.

Something I didn't notice before that can be and seen in some screenshots, is that Vic has a tattoo on his right arm. He is after all a US Marine, so chances are he has this from the beginning of the game. We'll have to wait for more info in the coming weeks to see if there's any word on vehicle or character customization.

Screenshots Via Comments

Video_freak
August 6th, 2006, 10:57
oooh, the cars look nicer in this version :)
a more detailed city is also a big plus.
whan can we expect cheat device for Vice City :)

bah
August 6th, 2006, 11:08
Cant clicky the thumbs.....

the one and only
August 6th, 2006, 11:17
yay i cant wait, hopefully booster will have dh with 2.8 :( or i will have to find another way to play it :)

pspfan
August 6th, 2006, 11:19
Can't wait for this game!

beansta
August 6th, 2006, 11:21
yes i cant wait. i got 2 psps and so i dont need any workaround, this is gonna be gr8

splodger15
August 6th, 2006, 12:19
when is the official release date

Accordion
August 6th, 2006, 12:32
how about custom tracks from the music folder....?????

Voltron
August 6th, 2006, 16:12
This does look extremely promising. It only stands to benefit the developers to improve upon the last GTA game and make this one even better. Custom Tracks are a must so I hope that is implemented.

This ought to be a great game. I will not be upgrading past 1.50 so hopefully this will be playable eventually via DevHook.

Man
August 6th, 2006, 17:06
This and final fantasy crisis core, are the two games i may have to buy a new PSP for, or luckily a Dev Hook will be out by then:)

Accordion
August 6th, 2006, 17:07
they may implement a cheat mode, carters cheat device is the best reason to play gta:lcs ...

Video_freak
August 6th, 2006, 17:59
This and final fantasy crisis core, are the two games i may have to buy a new PSP for, or luckily a Dev Hook will be out by then:)
we'll find some way to run it :)

pokemon_4_life_ese
August 6th, 2006, 18:25
one thing that i hope will be in this game is more offroad terrain because i just love offroading in san andreas!

Tomppa
August 6th, 2006, 20:53
Better resolution? I don't know what the other pictures were, but they were damn small if these have bigger resolution.

splodger15
August 6th, 2006, 20:57
we'll find some way to run it :)

i hope so