PDA

View Full Version : Freefall V.1

wraggster
August 6th, 2006, 11:06
Vettefan has released a new lua Game for the PSP, heres the details:

This is an early version of a game I started yesterday called "Freefall" it's the first game I ever attempted to mak for the psp. it's in lua so you'll need lua player.

the controls are real simple, press L to move left, and R to move right. even after letting go of a button you will continue to slowly "sway" in that direction, so pressing both L+R will slow down your falling, and steady you out.

the objective is to try and avoid the black bars, it's still in an early stage, but the core of the game is very solid, the movement is really smooth, and the controls are really responsive.

the only thing that's really wrong, is after you collide with a bar, you may have to press start a couple times to continue, I'm not sure what it is that's making it so glitchy there, but there is nothing that affects the gameplay.

I plan on adding a menu, some sound effects, and fixing the game over screen. other than that, it's pretty solid.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via vettefan (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=923291&postcount=1)

MasterChafed
August 6th, 2006, 11:58
sweet app.

benclaff
August 6th, 2006, 15:40
Really easy but fun game ! It was a pleasure to try it ! Continue your good work !:)

Voltron
August 6th, 2006, 16:13
Good looking LUA game!

jwilds73
August 7th, 2006, 00:01
This looks really neat. Maybe you could make the black bars into different things like a lightining cloud a plane, a jetson's sky car, a Kite, a flock of birds or a ufo to give it sorta a airy theme. Maybe crashing into the different objects would have a different animation for each. Anyway's this looks really cool just thought I'd offer a suggestion.