PDA

View Full Version : Capcom CPS2 PSP Test 4

wraggster
August 6th, 2006, 21:23
NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/cps2.html)has yet again released a new version of his Capcom CPS2 arcade emulator for the PSP, this version fixes Qsound, heres the translation:

Because inscription when starting has become test 3, the file was replaced. (23: 20)
 Next, it corrected also the volume which is made too much small with the part game.

Cause: Low when it is sample rate, when the musical interval changes at the interval which is detailed than as many as 1 samples ([bibura] - [to],
   Because), change of the musical interval is skipped occurrence with such as pitch bending. It is simple.
Because the amount processing where the sound of 11KHz and 22KHz has become accurate increases, when you compare to test3, somewhat
It is heavy, is, saying, that (it is heavy, the minute 々 barrel rubbing, it does but). Playing back gently with 44KHz, whether there is no great difference
It does and the [re] increase is. Furthermore, restart it is not with try to be able to modify sample rate.

Crappy translation as always but Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

fucht017
August 6th, 2006, 21:40
Wonderfull...again...Little request tough...is it possible to incoporate the DIP switch settings...It is getting better and better.You're realy something NJ...;)

hack.fool
August 6th, 2006, 21:56
Wonderfull...again...Little request tough...is it possible to incoporate the DIP switch settings...It is getting better and better.You're realy something NJ...;)
as you say ..It is getting better and better..
next release maybe we can use Dip Switch from the emu menù..
however if you press L1 R1 and select in game you can set the dipswitch directly from the game..:)

and of course once again Thnx NJ

ronin47
August 6th, 2006, 22:10
Thank you very much Hack.fool for the method to enter the dip switch settings in game. :)

NJ, thanks for this update, keep up the great work:cool:

pkmaximum
August 6th, 2006, 22:16
WOW nj is a master at emulation. And he thought that he couldn't make a good working cps-2 emu ;)

fucht017
August 6th, 2006, 22:34
Well roll me in flower and bake me for 30 minutes!...I didn't know that DIP switch method...yes thanks a lot..eeeh...Fool.:D

Xenon312
August 6th, 2006, 22:52
Well roll me in flower and bake me for 30 minutes!...I didn't know that DIP switch method...yes thanks a lot..eeeh...Fool.:D

Mmm... baked DCEmu user...:D

cloudd
August 6th, 2006, 23:11
this is just sick it's working enough to play the games really well!

LAMPRO
August 6th, 2006, 23:53
what am i looking for when i search for the roms for this emu?

ACID
August 6th, 2006, 23:56
Great back from a small vacation and two more updates your rule NJ

luis_05
August 7th, 2006, 00:10
Truly happy days ppl, truly happy days. Mr. NJ thanks for this emu!! ive been waiting for it for a long time. I cant stop playing Marvel vs. Capcom :-)

jaws365
August 7th, 2006, 00:14
What is the difference between CPS2 ad CPS1? I cannot convert my zip files, it says the names are wrong. Any suggetsions?

Vega
August 7th, 2006, 00:20
what needs to be made here is a new converter along with it... because super street fighter 2 turbo still will not convert for me. the suffering goes on until someone freakin PMs me! Ugh....

aries2k4
August 7th, 2006, 01:13
Lol, so when do you think he will call this an alpha or beta.
great work Nj, you crank ém out faster than we can test them

orochi-x
August 7th, 2006, 01:21
NJ is a god!

Vega - I had trouble converting SSFII:T aswell but then I tried using my Kawaks set instead of MAME and it works perfectly

fistikuffs
August 7th, 2006, 01:23
NJ Rules!!

vettacossx
August 7th, 2006, 02:03
BIG QUESTION FOR NJ

Q: how hard would it be to implement a region " toggle" like the dgen for E U and J roms??? thanks for your time ;) and this emulator

i ask because i have both the E rom and the small U rom of marvel vs capcom it will load up to the MVC12 file the says somthing like

could not allocate REGION_GFX1 MEMORY. ERROR????!!!

and

ERROR: could not open file. tile8_usage (tile(8x8) pen usage )"

i just want to play this one game thats it! if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be gr8 IM me AIM or mail me [email protected]
thanks in advance :)

Zombo
August 7th, 2006, 02:21
Did you cache it?

oninotsume
August 7th, 2006, 02:46
1. Q: Do you have any plans to work on MAME?
A: Absolutely not. If I were to spend time working on MAME I would end up with something not much different than what I already have now. Furthermore, it's because each machine is emulated seperately that I am able to optimize the code and get the kind of speed you see.

2. Q: Do you plan to create any consumer console emulators, or work on a 3D emulator.
A: I'm only interested in 2D games circa 1980 - 1990. There are already tons of consumer console emulators. I don't think there is any need for anymore, and out of those I'm only interested in the NeoGeo CD.

3. Q: Can you put all the emulators together into one.
A: Please think about what you are asking. Putting all of the emulators together would require even more memory use, and most of the emulators are already just scraping by on memory, especially CPS1.

4. Q: Do you have any plans to implement AdHoc.
A: No. I only have 1 PSP so I can't test it. I also have no interest in AdHoc. My interests are in trying to get old games to move well via emulation, not in actually playing them. Once I get them moving quickly I lose interest in the project. I just like tackling problems by analyzing how to increase speed like, "Perhaps if I do this it will move quicker.", etc.

I'd also like to add that I'm pretty satistfied with the state of the CPS2 emulator. Some games are just missing the 60fps mark, and I don't think they'll get any better, but I didn't even think they would move in the first place. I reached my goal when I got D&D and AVP to move at 60fps. I think those people who want to play MVC at full speed on their PSP are missing the point.

PS.
vettacosxx

If you want to play different regions of a rom you have to have the Parent rom = the large one, and create a cache for it. Then put the parent rom and the daughter rom in the same roms folder. From the emu rom select screen simply select the daughter rom and it should work.

i.e. MVC Parent Rom = 19mb
MVC Japanese Daughter Rom = 312Kb
(I just made those sizes up, but you get the point)

aries2k4
August 7th, 2006, 03:29
heres a little info for the people looking for the right streetfighter roms

Street Fighter Alpha 2 (US 960306) - sfa2.zip 13.6mb
Street fighter Alpha 3 (US 980904) - sfa3.zip 22.9mb
Super Street fighter II Turbo (World 940223) - ssf2t.zip 6.03mb
Super Street Fighter II The New Challenges (World 930911) - ssf2.zip 10.2mb

The only game I havenŽt found the right roms for is marvel vs streetfighter. But IŽll get it eventually
hope this helps:)

NovaKane
August 7th, 2006, 04:02

The only game I havenŽt found the right roms for is marvel vs streetfighter. But IŽll get it eventually

For Marvel Vs. SF try:
Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter (US 970827) - mshvsf.zip 22.05 MB

and

Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter (US 970625) mshvsfu1.zip 1.46 MB

NovaKane
August 7th, 2006, 04:15
1. Q: Do you have any plans to work on MAME?
A: Absolutely not. If I were to spend time working on MAME I would end up with something not much different than what I already have now. Furthermore, it's because each machine is emulated seperately that I am able to optimize the code and get the kind of speed you see.

2. Q: Do you plan to create any consumer console emulators, or work on a 3D emulator.
A: I'm only interested in 2D games circa 1980 - 1990. There are already tons of consumer console emulators. I don't think there is any need for anymore, and out of those I'm only interested in the NeoGeo CD.

3. Q: Can you put all the emulators together into one.
A: Please think about what you are asking. Putting all of the emulators together would require even more memory use, and most of the emulators are already just scraping by on memory, especially CPS1.

4. Q: Do you have any plans to implement AdHoc.
A: No. I only have 1 PSP so I can't test it. I also have no interest in AdHoc. My interests are in trying to get old games to move well via emulation, not in actually playing them. Once I get them moving quickly I lose interest in the project. I just like tackling problems by analyzing how to increase speed like, "Perhaps if I do this it will move quicker.", etc.

I'd also like to add that I'm pretty satistfied with the state of the CPS2 emulator. Some games are just missing the 60fps mark, and I don't think they'll get any better, but I didn't even think they would move in the first place. I reached my goal when I got D&D and AVP to move at 60fps. I think those people who want to play MVC at full speed on their PSP are missing the point.

PS.
vettacosxx

If you want to play different regions of a rom you have to have the Parent rom = the large one, and create a cache for it. Then put the parent rom and the daughter rom in the same roms folder. From the emu rom select screen simply select the daughter rom and it should work.

i.e. MVC Parent Rom = 19mb
MVC Japanese Daughter Rom = 312Kb
(I just made those sizes up, but you get the point)

I'd say were pretty f'n lucky to have a CPS1&2 emu for PSP. Imagine if NJ stopped after CPS1...

I don't mind the Vs. games having lag, that's understandable. There's too much going on at once since it's 2-on-2. At least we have all of the other kick ass fighting games to fall back on.

NJ = best...coder...ever

alleyal202
August 7th, 2006, 04:42
does this work with 2.00 fw? havent tried none of them.

ACID
August 7th, 2006, 05:15

Ok this is what i did to get this game to work. I put the copy marvel vs streetfighter (US 970827) in the roms file and the marvel vs streetfighter (US 970625) And before that i used the cache on the smaller version 970625. The bigger version is actually the parent rom and doesnt work but the two on the roms folder using the smaller version works great.

LAMPRO
August 7th, 2006, 05:16
whats the conversion folder for?

ACID
August 7th, 2006, 05:18
whats the conversion folder for?
All the games have to be ripe in a way that will make the sprites work better and aloud the region gpx to be identified. So when a rom is 22mb after all this it will be like 30mb but very well worth it. And you need to do it with all roms:D

LAMPRO
August 7th, 2006, 05:22
do i have to put the romzip in the folder when i hit the exe or will it let me point to it? holdup.

i did it and it spit out i needed to put the cache zip in the cache folder in the ngepsp folder, but i thought it was for cps2psp folder? ok anyways, do i make a cache folder in the cps2psp folder?

ok i saw your next thread.

ACID
August 7th, 2006, 05:26
do i have to put the romzip in the folder when i hit the exe or will it let me point to it?
when you get the exe screen it will let you click on it then it will do its magic creating the cache file in the cache folder it brings. Then you will put the rom on the rom folder and the cache file on the cache folder of the emu. PS if there isnt one the emu will created or you can make the folders your self.

delt31
August 7th, 2006, 05:35
has anyone got Hyper street fighter: anniversary edition or super street fighter 2 turbo tag battle to work?

only two i can get going

thanks

LAMPRO
August 7th, 2006, 05:39
which folder gets the roms folder and the cache folder?

is it one at a time or can i fill the folder with roms and cache files?

ACID
August 7th, 2006, 05:44
which folder gets the roms folder and the cache folder?

is it one at a time or can i fill the folder with roms and cache files?
the actuall roms go in the roms folder and the cache rom in the cache folder and you can put as many as your memory card lets you:D

Pumped'Up
August 7th, 2006, 06:27
Thanks NJ, you're no doubt the greatest PSP coder of all time.

delt31
August 7th, 2006, 06:59
two questions - if someone can let me know

1) Has anyone got the classic colors of fighters in super street fighter 2 turbo (i.e. ken's red costume) - you have to input a code but it doesn't work. Same thing with unlocking akuma

see here for codes

http://www.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/code/583631.html

2) has anyone get hyper SF2 turbo anniv edition to work or SSF2 team battle?

thanks

Baboon
August 7th, 2006, 08:37
I go away for the weekend, get back, and then what do I find on this site? ...only that NJ has fookin cracked CPS2! :)

I had a little play with this last night and I was very, very impressed! AVP and D&D TOD play brilliantly, so I’m very happy at the mo.

I couldn’t get Super Streetfighter 2 to work, but I guess I’ll have to muck around with the various rom sets (and the parent versions) to do this??

Thanks NJ, you are truly a legend in the PSP scene!

.:PSP1.0:.
August 7th, 2006, 09:37
I'd say were pretty f'n lucky to have a CPS1&2 emu for PSP. Imagine if NJ stopped after CPS1...

I don't mind the Vs. games having lag, that's understandable. There's too much going on at once since it's 2-on-2. At least we have all of the other kick ass fighting games to fall back on.

NJ = best...coder...ever

You took the words straight outta my mouth :) Well said brother! "Thumbs Up"
We're ALL extremely LUCKY!
Thanks once again NJ for all your hard work and dedication!

D0N
August 7th, 2006, 10:06
Excellent work NJ yet again! Keep it up!

Voltron
August 7th, 2006, 10:09
Very interesting Q&A from NJ posted by oninotsume. Thanks for the post.

And thanks again to NJ for being so brilliant.

b8a
August 7th, 2006, 11:21
Once again, I'm posting far too late for this to make much of a difference to anyone (!_!), but for anyone interested, and for posterity, here's a translation of the changes of NJ's CPS2 page:

CPS2PSP test ver.4 (Q Sound bug fix) Download
*Since the launch time screen showed the version as test 3, I swapped out the files. (23:20)

I went ahead and fixed a problem where the sound level in some games was too quiet.
Cause: It's because when there's a change in the musical interval during a space shorter than 1 sample with a low sample rate (generated by vibrate, pitch bend, etc..) the change in the musical interval is skipped. It's so simple.
The ammount of processing has increased reflecting the more accurate 11KHz and 22 KHz sound, so compared with test3, this version is slightly slower (well really just ever so slightly slower). Frankly, even with sound output at 44KHz, I doubt there'd be much of a difference. Additionally, I've made it so that the sample rate can be changed without restarting the program.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miscelaneous
Since it looks like theres a lot of people visiting this page, some things should be said. Once it's been said, it'll just sound like I'm complaining though (ha ha).
I wonder if I couldn't get this translated and posted on overseas forums (ha ha)

Q.Do you have any plans to make MAME?
A.Absolutely none. Even if I were to make these as MAME, I wouldn't be able to create anything very different from what I've made to date. I'm only able to reach faster speeds by optomizing each system seperately.

Q.Do you have any plans to make emulators for any consumer machines?
Also, do you have any plans to make any emulators for 3D games?
A.I'm only interested in 2D games from 1980 to the first half of the 1990's. Since there's already various consumer machine emulators, I think thats probably good enough. Additionally, I'm only interested in NEOGEO CD.

Q.Can we get you to merge all of your emulators to date into one single package?
A.Conversely, please think about why they've been seperated. By merging them, each would loose that much available memory. Under the best conditions, memory is lacking for all of them (even CPS1 is pretty close to the edge), and since features would be lost, the emulators won't be merged togeather.

Q.Won't you implement AdHoc communication?
A.I will not be implementing it. Since I only have one PSP I can't test it. I have absolutely no interest in AdHoc communication and since my interest is in getting old games to work via emulation, I have no interest in playing them. Accordingly, as a rule of thumb, once they operate to a certain degree of satisfaction ( =when I've lost interest), I'm done with them. For me, the fun part is in thinking about things like "wouldn't this run this much faster if I changed this portion?"

While I'm at it, I'm just about satisfied with CPS2. I am still wondering if a few of the games that are just barely under 60fps couldn't reach a full 60fps however. I didn't even think they would run from the beginning, and I tentatively reached my goal at the point that D&D and AVSP started to run at 60fps. On the contrary, I really don't understand the thinking of people who want to run MVC, etc... at full screen on the PSP.
Oninotsume already did a good job of summarizing the Q&A section, but since NJ requested that it be translated, I went ahead and covered it once more. I doubt many people will pick up the differences, but there were a few points that his summary glossed over which I just couldn't leave alone (!_!)

Nice to know that NJ is a fellow 2D afficianado! Thanks to his hard work, I believe we can now play the true cream of the crop of the 2D era. As much as I always wanted it, I never dreamed of a day when that would be possible on a hand held console. Makes me want to cry with joy!!!

Panini
August 7th, 2006, 12:27
i have not tried this CPS2 emu yet, and unfortunetly wont get the chance till tomorow. :(

Out of all the CPS2 games, which ones are running well for everyone (without stuttering too much in-game when playing)?

I know most games seem to work, but what ones are the most playable? AVP seems to play well, but what version of streetfighter plays the best??

If anyone can help id be very grateful.

Good work NJ!

mr_nick666
August 7th, 2006, 12:36
Very interesting Q&A from NJ posted by oninotsume. Thanks for the post.

And thanks again to NJ for being so brilliant.

/\ /\ Likewise! :D How many times have things once thought impossible been achieved on the PSP?? :p

geise69
August 7th, 2006, 13:02
Once again, I'm posting far too late for this to make much of a difference to anyone (!_!), but for anyone interested, and for posterity, here's a translation of the changes of NJ's CPS2 page:
Oninotsume already did a good job of summarizing the Q&A section, but since NJ requested that it be translated, I went ahead and covered it once more. I doubt many people will pick up the differences, but there were a few points that his summary glossed over which I just couldn't leave alone (!_!)

Nice to know that NJ is a fellow 2D afficianado! Thanks to his hard work, I believe we can now play the true cream of the crop of the 2D era. As much as I always wanted it, I never dreamed of a day when that would be possible on a hand held console. Makes me want to cry with joy!!!

B8a, thank you so much for translating this. I'm sure it answers a lot of questions for some. (me included) I do understand where he's coming from at a developer stand point. Also I am in total agrement with you. I never thought it would be possible to play these games on the psp, and look where we are now. This truely is great indeed.

ssbm_04
August 7th, 2006, 14:13
I can't download the emulator from the first page. Is it something wrong with me or others are experencing it it too. Can some one send it to me?

Panini
August 7th, 2006, 14:54
Could somebody pleae tell me how well super street fighter 2 works?

Is it really slow? Is it playable???

Thanks.

aleborri
August 7th, 2006, 15:11
ssf2 is almost fully playable, like sfa, sfa2, avp, ddtod, ddsom, darkstalkers 1. Sadly Marvel vs capcom lags a lot, which is for me the best game on cps2 but it's still awesome I can even play it on to go with the psp :) However remember to turn off autoframeskip

Panini
August 7th, 2006, 15:14
ssf2 is almost fully playable, like sfa, sfa2, avp, ddtod, ddsom, darkstalkers 1. Sadly Marvel vs capcom lags a lot, which is for me the best game on cps2 but it's still awesome I can even play it on to go with the psp :) However remember to turn off autoframeskip

Thank you very much for the reply.

I cant wait to try all of these games now. :D

vettacossx
August 7th, 2006, 15:38
super puzzle fighters2 turbo is the fastest game ive seen so far bro ....also sometimes u need a small us rom i got E rom that was labled U and was about 24mb its actually only about 2-4mb that is what size they should be and also the roms go in the folder lable cache.....you have to install and run the CONVERTER on roms
such as marv. vs cap. otr marvel super heroes;)
for those to work ;)
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/images/jnj/misc/posterinfo_03.gif http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/images/icons/icon1.gif
i have not trid this CPS2 emu yet, and unfortunetly wont get the chance till tomorow. :(

Out of all the CPS2 games, which ones are running well for everyone (without stuttering too much in-game when playing)?

I know most games seem to work, but what ones are the most playable? AVP seems to play well, but what version of streetfighter plays the best??

If anyone can help id be very grateful.

Good work NJ!

Pumped'Up
August 7th, 2006, 15:47
I can't download the emulator from the first page. Is it something wrong with me or others are experencing it it too. Can some one send it to me?
Just download it from NJ's site. See the first posting in this thread and click on NJ's name.

Yungblaqs
August 7th, 2006, 16:14
well done u guys!!!

Baboon
August 7th, 2006, 20:39
This emulator is great. :)

My fav games that I've played (that work best for me) are: Mega Pang, Super puzzle fighter, Eco, AVP, both the D&D games, Megaman2, SF2 new challengers and SF alpha 1.

I'm still having problems though getting Super SF2 turbo to work? I've tried every version of SSF2 Turbo and each one fails to be read by the convertor. :(

I know its been said before but can someone please tell me what version I should have (size, and name)... and how to get it to work?

I'm lovin the retro memories on my PSP...every day I check these boards there seems to be a new emulator or update that puts a smile on my face.

NJ and PSP I salute you. :)

delt31
August 7th, 2006, 23:54
anyone get the original costume colors in super street fighter 2 turbo???

ken - red

hodey
August 8th, 2006, 03:22
should be the light punch button.

publicprivates
August 8th, 2006, 03:26
can anyone suggest any good shumps?

delt31
August 8th, 2006, 05:01
should be the light punch button.

it's not -in the arcade u had to do a code but it doesn't work

samthegreat68
August 8th, 2006, 05:54
what in the world!!!

i was gone for a few days and i come back to this surprise!
thank you so much NJ

b8a
August 8th, 2006, 08:09
B8a, thank you so much for translating this.Thanks!

I've read a bunch of posts about people having problems with Super Street Fighter II. Well, it looks there is a bug involved and that NJ knows about it, however, the bad news is that since he's redoing the cache system, he won't be releasing an immediate fix. He had this to say on his site:

Bug Report
I'm posting this since there is a bug with ssf2 clone sets in test 3 and later (probably since I swapped out the file with test 4?)

Please make a seperate cache file for each of the games below (for example, make ssf2xj_cache.zip for ssf2xj). Due to a bug in the program, portions that were originally read from ssf2t_cache.zip are regularly being read from ssf2_cache.zip. (there's insufficient data and so games can't be displayed properly)
ssf2t Super Street Fighter II Turbo (World 940223)
ssf2ta Super Street Fighter II Turbo (Asia 940223)
ssf2tu Super Street Fighter II Turbo (US 940323)
ssf2tur1 Super Street Fighter II Turbo (US 940223)
ssf2xj Super Street Fighter II X: Grand Master Challenge (Japan 940223)

Additionally, there haven't been problems with the games below with cache file constructed from ssf2.
(However, these three games are NOT WORKING and can't be launched)
ssf2tb Super Street Fighter II: The Tournament Battle (World 931119)
ssf2tbr1 Super Street Fighter II: The Tournament Battle (World 930911)
ssf2tbj Super Street Fighter II: The Tournament Battle (Japan 930911)

I wanted to swap out the file, I'm currently changing the cache system (there won't be any compatibility with existing files starting from the next version) and can't update it.

SmashinGit
August 8th, 2006, 09:59
Thanks for the translation b8a. Good to know that NJ is still beavering away.

wilbur
August 8th, 2006, 11:06
Can anyone tell me which rom set they used for 1944, ultimate ecology and D&D TOD.

i can't get these working and really wanna.

Plowking
August 8th, 2006, 14:29
Version 2.00 users will need to use the actual GTA eloader expoit to make this work - I did at least.

There's more memory for the PSP through the GTA version, the emu will crash through the normal TIFF loader when its loading the cache file.

All games work it would seem (other then some of the street fighter series). Most are perfect 60 fps. AvP, 1944 series, Armoured warriors, D&D games etc.

The only laggy games are or course the Marvel V Capcom and the X men V street fighter.

Street Fighter Alpha 2 I found, is the best working version, though i didn't try alpha 3 (file size looked too big to work fully)

Video_freak
August 8th, 2006, 16:36
thanks for the release NJ :) nice update.

drock82
August 8th, 2006, 21:28

these settings will have alpha 3 running perfect:

frameskip-8
60 fps limit-off
auto frameskip-off
screen size dont matter
psp accelaration-333
raster effects-off

for in game mode settings just press L and R and start to boost the turbo settings in configuartion menu

also can someone submit a list i am still testing some roms,these are the games capcom made:

1941: Counter Attack
1943: The Battle of Midway
1943 Kai: Midway Kaisen
1944: The Loop Master
19XX: The War Against Destiny
Adventure Quiz 2: Hatena? no Daibouken
Adventure Quiz: Capcom World
Alien vs. Predator
Armored Warriors
Avengers
Battle Circuit
Battle Arena Toshinden 2
Bionic Commando
Black Tiger
Block Block
Bowling Alley
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs
Capcom Baseball - Suketto Gaijin Oo-Abare
Capcom Fighting Evolution
Capcom Golf
Capcom Sports Club
Capcom vs. SNK 2
Capcom vs. SNK: Millennium Fight 2000
Capcom World 2
Capcom World
Captain Commando
Carrier Air Wing
Choko
Commando
Cyberbots
Darkstalkers
Dimahoo
Dokaben
Dokaben 2
Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom
Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara
Dynasty Wars
Eco Fighters
Exed Exes (released in the US as Savage Bees)
F-1 Dream
Final Fight
Final Fight Revenge
Forgotten Worlds
Ghosts 'n Goblins
Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Giga Wing
Giga Wing 2
Gun.Smoke
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage for the Future
King of Dragons
Knights of the Round
Last Duel
Led Storm
Legendary Wings
Mad Gear
Magic Sword
Magical Tetris Challenge Featuring Mickey
Marvel Super Heroes
Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter
Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes
Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes
Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters
Mega Man: The Power Battle
Mega Twins
Mercs
Muscle Bomber Duo
Nemo
NightWarriors
Pirate Ship HigeMaru
Plasma Sword
Pocket Fighter
PowerStone
PowerStone 2
Progear
Project Justice (Moreo! Justice Gakuen)
Puzz Loop 2
Quiz & Dragons
Quiz Nanairo Dreams
Quiz San Goku Shi
Quiz Tonosama no Yabou
Quiz Tonosama no Yabou 2
Red Earth
Rival Schools: United By Fate
Saturday Night Slam Masters
Section Z
Slipstream
Side Arms Hyper Dyne
SonSon
Spawn: In the Demon's Hand
Star Gladiator - Episode 1: Final Crusade
Street Fighter
Street Fighter Alpha
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Street Fighter EX
Street Fighter EX Plus
Street Fighter EX 2
Street Fighter EX 2 Plus
Street Fighter II
Street Fighter II Champion Edition
Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
Street Fighter III: New Generation
Street Fighter III: Second Impact
Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha
Street Fighter Zero 3 Upper
Street Fighter: The Movie
Strider
Strider 2
Super Muscle Bomber
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
Super Street Fighter II
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Tech Romancer
The King of Dragons
The Punisher
Three Wonders
Tiger Road
U.N. Squadron
Vampire Hunter 2
Vampire Savior
Vampire Savior 2
Varth
Vulgus
War of the Grail
Warriors of Fate
Willow
X-Men vs. Street Fighter
X-Men: Children of the Atom

publicprivates
August 8th, 2006, 21:41
whoa dude, those are some weird settings for sfa3. Frameskip 8? Isnt it choppy?

drock82
August 8th, 2006, 23:08
no its good try it and post ya results,sta3 is a fast pace game

klingen
August 8th, 2006, 23:21
Here is all the games i have tested that works

1944: The Loop Master (US 000620)
19XX: The War Against Destiny (US 951207)
Alien vs. Predator (Euro 940520)
Armored Warriors (Euro 941024) works with Armored Warriors (US 941024)
Battle Circuit (Euro 970319)
Capcom Sports Club (Euro 970722)
Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness (Euro 950424) works with Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness (US 950424)
Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors (Euro 940705)
Dimahoo (US 000121)
Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara (Euro 960619)
Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom (Euro 940412)
Eco Fighters (World 931203)
Giga Wing (US 990222)
Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting (US 000412)
Marvel Super Heroes (Euro 951024) works with Marvel Super Heroes (US 951024)
Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter (Euro 970625) works with Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter (US 970827)
Marvel Vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes (Euro 980112) works with Marvel Vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes (US 980123)
Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters (US 960708)
Mighty! Pang (Japan 001011)
Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge (US 950406)
Progear (US 010117)
Puzz Loop 2 (Japan 010205)
Quiz Nanairo Dreams: Nijiirochou no Kiseki (Japan 960826)
Ring of Destruction: Slammasters II (Euro 940902)
Street Fighter Alpha 2 (US 960306)
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (US 980904)
Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors' Dreams (Euro 950727)
Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix (US 970904)
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo (US 960620)
Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers (World 930911)
Vampire Hunter 2: Darkstalkers Revenge (Japan 970929) works with Vampire Hunter 2: Darkstalkers Revenge (Japan 970913)
Vampire Savior 2: The Lord of Vampire (Japan 970913)
Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire (Euro 970519)
X-Men Vs. Street Fighter (Euro 961004) works with X-Men Vs. Street Fighter (US 961004)
X-Men: Children of the Atom (Euro 950105)

Choko (Japan 010820) Does not work

delt31
August 9th, 2006, 00:01
for the guy with frameskip 8 - that's insane. Too choppy. I got SFA3 to work 50 - 60fps with fs of 0. no auto, no rasta, 60 limit off (some boards on b/c it's too fast)

now can someone tell me how to get the original colors for the fighters in SSF2T????? I NEED KEN IN RED DAMMIT!
hah

repuken2
August 9th, 2006, 01:18
select ken with light punch and then shake controls from left to right and vice versa while tapping light punch.

I recommend using the analog to do this since i failed many times with the D-pad.

Now if i only could have Akuma...

delt31
August 9th, 2006, 01:32
thanks going to try

EDIT - Tried and no dice - you sure this works?

as for akuma

Highlight Ryu and hold for 3 seconds then,
Highlight T.Hawk and hold for 3 seconds then,
Highlight Guile and hold for 3 seconds then,
Highlight Cammy and hold for 3 seconds Finally
Highlight Ryu again and hold for 3 seconds then
Press all 3 punches and Start at the same time at the end of you counting.

hasn't worked for me though

donne
August 9th, 2006, 01:41
What button(s) should I press for game setting (that frameskip etc) ?? I can't seemed to find a way.. And also, how do I quit the game ? Right now I'm using the HOME button..

publicprivates
August 9th, 2006, 01:46
press start select to get to the emulator menu. That should do the trick.

b8a
August 9th, 2006, 07:59
Choko (Japan 010820) Does not work (atleast not for me)NJ disabled Choko.

Baboon
August 9th, 2006, 08:29
I'm glad to report that Super SF2 Turbo now works well for me! ...happy days. :)

bloodyarts
August 9th, 2006, 16:52
I'm glad to report that Super SF2 Turbo now works well for me! ...happy days. :)

Lucky! I can't seem to get a working romset of that anywhere... :(

delt31
August 9th, 2006, 20:33
it says that in order to get balrog playable the arcade has to been played for over a month (and has a blue title screen)

how do i perform this with the rom? do i have to play it for a month straight :eek:

Alucard
August 9th, 2006, 20:52
Sorry guys,

I know this may be the wrong place to ask this question, and I have already asked this once in the emulation section, but I always find that more people read this section then that one. Also, people who are playing the CPS2 emu are most likely playing the NeoGeo emu. So I figure it is worth a shot. Here is my problem:

I seem to be having a problem with metal slug 4 (mslug4.zip) for NJ's NeoGeo Emulator (NGEPSP 0.2.2).

Whenever I run the game, it loads fine. I am able to select my character and play. However, in the first level of the game, when you get in the motorcylce, the game crashes for me.

To be more detailed, one of the following 2 things happen:

1) The game emulation freezes, however, I could still exit out of the emulator. In addition, I could still access the menu. However, the if I come back to the game it's stuck

2) The graphics go away and the screen goes green. Same as #1, I could still exit the emulator and I can still access the menu (start+select).

I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. I am using the neogeo.zip file that have the following contents:

000-lo.lo
asia-s3.rom
sfix.sfx
sm1.sm1
sp-e.sp1
sp-j2.rom
sp-s.sp1
sp-s2.sp1
sp1.jipan.1024
usa_2slt.bin
vs-bios.rom

I have also tried the bios with these files:

000-lo.lo
asia-s3.rom
sfix.sfx
sm1.sm1
sp-e.sp1
sp-j2.rom
sp-s.sp1
sp-s2.sp1
usa_2slt.bin
vs-bios.rom

Neither seem to work, so I am thinking it is some other type of issue. I don't think it is the dump as the romcenter program says it is fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

SteveV2
August 9th, 2006, 22:00
Puzz Loop looks quite good. Bit like Ballistic on the PSX.

I've tried to load my rom here into the converter but no joy. Have searched and DLed another, tried that with no joy :(

Any ideas?

delt31
August 10th, 2006, 04:39
i got the championship colors for SSF2t - have to push left right or up down

but my SFA3 question is still unanswered

it says that in order to get balrog playable the arcade has to been played for over a month (and has a blue title screen)

how do i perform this with the rom? do i have to play it for a month straight

drock82
August 10th, 2006, 07:32
can someone please tell me how get to marvel vs capcom working thats seems to be the only one im having a hard time with:( i also follow dudes list but its a no go i mean which rom do i have to cache and which rom do i use for parent meaning which one do i add to the directory

ACID
August 10th, 2006, 07:37
can someone please tell me how get to marvel vs capcom working thats seems to be the only one im having a hard time with:( i also follow dudes list but its a no go i mean which rom do i have to cache and which rom do i use for parent meaning which one do i add to the directory
The biggest rom is always the parent and you are going to use the cache on the smaller US version that should work

oninotsume
August 10th, 2006, 07:40
Acidburn is that true? I've never used the cache function on the small daughter rom, only on the parent one and it always works. Maybe it works either way.

Drock 82, the important thing is that you cache the rom, and put both the parent and daughter roms in the roms folder. You also have to make sure that at least one of the daughter or the parent rom itself is decrypted. You can tell if a rom is not decrypted because it will be displayed in gray text. However, a encrypted parent rom can be cached and loaded via a decrypted daughter rom.

ACID
August 10th, 2006, 08:05
oninotsume yes its true i think NJ made it to work is it uses the parent rom in some way dont get me wrong it doesnt make a cache of 2mb its still big like the parent roms cache i think it uses the parent in some way. But i have done it personaly and it works.

SteveV2
August 10th, 2006, 12:01

Did you get Puzz loop working then?

drock82
August 11th, 2006, 20:41
did anyone get any of the streetfighter third strike series working?:rolleyes:

QueadlunnRau
August 11th, 2006, 21:29
did anyone get any of the streetfighter third strike series working?:rolleyes:

Third Strike runs on CPS3. Which MAME has not decrypted yet.

QueadlunnRau
August 11th, 2006, 21:52

NJ = best...coder...ever

Word

delt31
August 11th, 2006, 23:14
there is something about test 5 on the website - but no download--- little translation please?

drock82
August 12th, 2006, 18:35
i heard that streetfigter 3 strike series works but a guy told me it was tested with csp3 version ,do anyone knows if it works for the current one and if it does can some please list info of which exact rom was used:confused:

ogba
August 14th, 2006, 08:41
were can i find marvel vs capcom that realy works i have seached every damn site keep getting error!

kidf5
August 18th, 2006, 00:08
iz da shit full screen??????????????????

kidf5
August 18th, 2006, 00:12
i got it to work but only on test ver 2 i hate that its not full screen is test 5 full screen

beatsofdevil
August 18th, 2006, 15:09
I have the files, but I have no idea where to put what. :O

I do have v.2.80....is it possible? Without gta?

I used to have roms and eboot loader and stuff on my psp, like with v.1.5 I think. but yeah. I'm confused :[

Baboon
August 18th, 2006, 15:15
I have the files, but I have no idea where to put what. :O

I do have v.2.80....is it possible? Without gta?

I used to have roms and eboot loader and stuff on my psp, like with v.1.5 I think. but yeah. I'm confused :[

I'd say your totaly fu**ed! :(

You should have stayed with 1.5 cause now you cant run any homebru/emu's on 2.8.

codywers
August 25th, 2006, 04:05
can you get on yours psp

jdhankin
August 25th, 2006, 23:11
Hi everyone
i have the following games working on cps2 test version 5, if anyone has any questions just ask.

1944: The Loop Master
Alien vs. Predator
Armored Warriors
Battle Circuit
Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors
Dimahoo
Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara
Eco Fighters
Giga Wing
Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting
Marvel Super Heroes
Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter
Marvel Vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes
Mighty! Pang
Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge
Progear
Puzz Loop
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers
Vampire Hunter 2: Darkstalkers Revenge
Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire
X-Men Vs. Street Fighter
X-Men: Children of the Atom

rikuharada
September 8th, 2006, 06:54
Hi, can anyone here help me out with this problem. I'm trying to run Super Gem Fighter (sgemf.zip) on my 2.6 PSP using the lastest eloader. I was able to get to the emulator and see it loading, but it alway show up this message and then shut down during the loading:

REGION_GFX1 MEMORY. ERROR????!!!
ERROR: could not open file. tile8_usage (tile(8x8) pen usage )"

btw, i did create a catche file for it as well

gandhisfist
September 11th, 2006, 06:49
What games will run with this emulator? Every game I've tried to play so far, the emulator has said that the game isn't playable.

gurp925
November 25th, 2006, 04:05
what happens if when you try converting it always closes ans the error message comes up CAN SOME GENERIS PERSON HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!