PDA

View Full Version : DrmdGiz V5 Beta 6 - Genesis Emulator for Gizmondo Release

wraggster
August 6th, 2006, 21:54
Reesy (http://www.gizmondoforums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8053) has ported his awesome Megadrive emulator over to the GP2X, heres what he posted:

Hi,

As a lot of you know already, zektor kindly donated his old Gizmondo to me. In return I promised to port DrMD to the Gizmondo. I'm a man of my word, so I'm pleased to announce that I'm releasing DrMD for the Gizmondo. I'm using the same code base as the GP2X version, so I shall be keeping the versioning as it is. So the first Gizmondo release of DrMD is version 5 beta 6.

Just in case you do not have a clue what DrMD is.....DrMD is a Sega Megadrive/Genesis, Sega Master System and Sega Game Gear emulator.

This version include the new cyclone core from Notaz and hopefully I've also fixed the save state problem which is currently in beta 5.

I've haven't had chance to test everything but its now in a stable enough condition to make a release, obviously if you have any problems please let me know.

I've included a readme which has some instructions on how to install and configure DrMD. Setting up your default rom directories is a bit fiddly but I'm sure you will all cope.

Have fun
Reesy

P.S I forgot to mention in the readme but the full screen mode for Master System and Game Gear do not give you full screen. I'm still looking into the best way to do this on the Giz, so at the moment the options are there for completeness only.

Also I've forgotten to thanks sweetlilmre for creating the SDL port, thanks for that it made porting a hell of a lot more easier and also to Kingcdr for releasing his SDK which has helped enormously.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

ArugulaZ
August 7th, 2006, 07:33
Nicely done emulator! I'm pleasantly surprised.

JR

floris
August 11th, 2006, 15:39
Nicely done emulator! I'm pleasantly surprised.

JR

Yes this is very graet emulator...
Best that is for gizmondo ..
Perfeckt..
Every think do it.
Sound good grafic good ... And save and load good..
One word perfeickt :P:p