PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into the PSP scene after a long time and I need some quick help

marzsyndrome
June 21st, 2010, 23:29
After a year and a half without a PSP after losing my silver 1000 model during a day out, I managed to acquire a good (and hackable) PSP-2000 off eBay for a not bad price. I did all the checks with box codes, battery codes, existing firmware and what have you and I'm confident it can be Pandoraized.

Now the thing is this..... the current installed OFW is 3.71. Am I supposed to specifically convert this to 3.71 M33 first, or can I just go straight to 5.00 M33 (or 5.50 GEN-D3)? I can't seem to find any guides that explain this clearly enough.

Thanks!

Eviltaco64
June 22nd, 2010, 07:37
I believe you can use Despertar del Cementrio v8. It will upgrade you to 5.00 M33-4. and from there, you can upgrade to 5.00 M33-6 or 5.50 D-GEN.

Good luck!

marzsyndrome
June 23rd, 2010, 01:39
Ummm, I know this is gonna sound pretty embarrassing, but...... how does one run Desperter del Cementerio using a Datel Digital Slim battery and an OFW-installed PSP2000? All the videos on YT either explain how to install DC8 on an already-unlocked PSP or are just generally of poor enough quality for me to not touch with an 8ft barge pole. According to PSPWiki, newer versions of DC don't need you to format the memory stick? Please try and break it down for me as I've been away from the game for so long, thanks. XD

Eviltaco64
June 23rd, 2010, 05:08
It's not a problem. There's such massive amounts of information on hacking the PSP that it can get a little confusing.

All you'll need is a tool battery (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12472), a memory stick at least 128MB in size, and Rains' MMS Maker (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1623) for PC.

Install MMS Maker, backup your files, format, and create the magic memory stick. From there, I believe you need to place the 5.00 executable in the main root of the memory stick. After everything is placed properly, turn off your PSP, insert the tool battery, hold down R while turning it on, and it should take you to the despertar del cementrio screen!

marzsyndrome
June 23rd, 2010, 09:34
Cool, thanks for that! One more question: do I need to format my stick through the PSP first before using the MMS tool on it? It's a brand new Sandisk 512Mb stick without any of the traditional PSP folders on it. Or do I have to just create PSP/GAME manually?

VampDude
June 27th, 2010, 09:31
Cool, thanks for that! One more question: do I need to format my stick through the PSP first before using the MMS tool on it? It's a brand new Sandisk 512Mb stick without any of the traditional PSP folders on it. Or do I have to just create PSP/GAME manually?

The best option is to always format a memory stick through the PSP, since it creates the folders on the stick. :cool: