PDA

View Full Version : Trigonometry Wars - Entry to NeoFlash 2006 Summer Comp

wraggster
August 7th, 2006, 00:54
71M (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/board,73.0.html) has fired the first shot in the battle to be the winner of the NeoFlash 2006 Summer Competition (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html), heres his first submission, firstly heres his release info:

Hi everybody,
Here's my entry for the PSP game programming competition, I hope you enjoy.
It's a remake of an old classic XBox 360 game, see if you can guess which one!

You can download it here.

In game controls :-

Analog stick = Steer ship
Left trigger = Thrust
Right Trigger = Fire
Triangle = Smart bomb

Hiscore controls :-

Left trigger = Delete letter
Right trigger = Enter letter
Cross = Accept name

There are a few things missing at the moment, but I'll post an update sometime in the week.

Cheers,
71M

Awesome news and a Nice looking release, we wish him and all well in the comp.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

xiringu
August 7th, 2006, 01:01
I'm going to try it right now.

It looks great. :)

---

TRIED!

WOOOOOOOW! :)~

2 things:

1.- please, please, please let the user redefine keys. :)

2.- on the playability side. I did 250000 points just by turning around firing (no need to touch the thrust) It's not what I would call addictive. but it's a good start :)

i'm really looking forward for future versions of this great game

shenske37
August 7th, 2006, 02:18
looks promising

fun and addictive!

just out of curiosity how long did it take you to makethis?

psiko_scweek
August 7th, 2006, 03:23
lol the xbox 360 isnt old enough to have a classic just yet!

PSmonkey
August 7th, 2006, 03:34
lol the xbox 360 isnt old enough to have a classic just yet!

Truthfuly, Geometry wars first saw an aperance on Xbox with PGR2. So while not a classic, its not a recent game.

cloud_952
August 7th, 2006, 04:34
Is there any reason why the bottom screenshot says "Press left mouse button to shoot"? Last I checked, this is on a psp, which doesn't have a mouse. ^^;

Was this initially programmed for the PC?

matt2k
August 7th, 2006, 04:34
This is a neat little game.
Looks like Geometry Wars,
Controls like Asteroids.

I would have to agree with xiringu on user defined keys.

I was hopeing it would control like the old SNES versions of Smash TV and Total Carnage.

D-Pad/Analog controls the players movement.
The 4 buttons would control which way the player faced as well as fireing in that direction as well.

Anyhoo, this game will stay on my PSP for a long while.

Thanks!! :)

dtothabreezy
August 7th, 2006, 05:49
nice and i love the idea for smashtv like controlls

dagger89
August 7th, 2006, 07:06
i love this game- 2.06 million points! not bad considering i had 5 ships left and just goofed around at the end.

however, there seems to be a memory leak, as there becomes a HUGE slow down after 1 mil

Drem
August 7th, 2006, 07:25
Mmmm, how escape to XMB?

MasterChafed
August 7th, 2006, 07:55
this is great, i had jsut made a suggestion about porting it, like 3 days ago. great work! I love it.

MaxSMoke
August 7th, 2006, 08:34
I hate to burst your bubble, but this is like the 3rd or 4th Geometry Wars clone, so I don't think you can take credit for the idea of porting it.

And I would like to second the suggest to allow independent Aiming and Movement. It would be totally awesome to shoot in one direction well moving in another. I don't think any Geometry Wars clones on the PSP have done that yet.

MasterChafed
August 7th, 2006, 08:47
I know there have been other ports, I was just saying that I had posted it as an idea, because I hadn't known of any ports. Lighten up.

compoman386
August 7th, 2006, 08:47
And I would like to second the suggest to allow independent Aiming and Movement. It would be totally awesome to shoot in one direction well moving in another. I don't think any Geometry Wars clones on the PSP have done that yet.

A homebrew game called vector infector allows you to move and fire in the way you described, and also looks quite similar. But for me it always seems to crash after a few minutes playing, will try this one out now :)

Accordion
August 7th, 2006, 13:55
vector infector was quite good, ill try this one to compare....

NoQuarter
August 7th, 2006, 21:30
Good work 71M,gonna try this now btw what happened to fileassistant?