PDA

View Full Version : WAVERACE DS 3D - announcement and technology demo.

wraggster
August 7th, 2006, 06:42
omaremad (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=10706&sid=483031f17456a7560beafc0a5e254945) posted this news/release:

Hello, this started as apc application for some shader code i wanted to test... but now i used the same technology and ported it to the ds.

In the demo you have 100% 3d waves with fluid physics both on the water and on the camera( camera bounces on water using the height of the verties and their normals)

the waves can be of inifinte complexity
the demo shows 25*25 grid (each square has two tris so its pushing 1250 verts leaving about 800 for the rest of the game)

the demo runs at 14 fps, the waves run on fixed point but some uneeded byte shifts can be taken out, the speed decrease is exponential since its a grid so smaller / less dense grids can run at 60fps

skybox looks pretty nice and free from wobbling and alising, seams etc... because its not 3D

its a 2D Exrot BG blended with the 3D layer

the small mesh in the demo show a early version of a blender mesh exporter which exports:

-vertex colours (whoohooo baked radiosity instead of memory eating lightmaps)
-uv coords
-vertex coords
-normals

this is very early and i hope i might get some assembler experts to help :)

DPAD= move
Touch screen= look
Tap i say tap the start button for waves , long presses make huge waves which can be disorientating
ok teh demo:

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Junixx
August 7th, 2006, 07:09
Weeeee! waves.....nice demo, music and a background, hopwe to see the progress onm this

battleroyalex
August 7th, 2006, 07:49
I thought you meant wave race as in waverace the awesome game for n64 :(

zac_531
August 7th, 2006, 12:46
What? A block with blue lines coming out the edges? What the hell is this?

Mr_Biggs
August 7th, 2006, 13:07
it's a tech demo, dipshatner!