PDA

View Full Version : Super Famicast Update

DCEmu_Newsposter
January 1st, 1970, 01:00
The workaholic Scherzo has posted some great news about the Snes emulator for the Dreamcast called Superfamicast in our forums, here goes:[br][br] I'm ready to make a release, I just want to test self booting. I tried last night but I made several CD coasters. I think it's because I'm using the newest version of Nero. I've read that some people can no longer burn good selfboot CDs after they installed Nero 6 and above. I'll get it worked out. [br] [br]Other than that, the asm core is working. The speed increase is not as big as I would have wished. It's still slower than DreamSNES, but at least more games are playable with sound enabled. I also put in the option to change the sound quality. The lower settings produce rather buggy sound. I thought this was because of the asm core but it happened in the C core too. I put in mouse support a long time ago so you all can draw retarded pictures with Mario Paint or something. You can also disable the various background and sprite layers for added speed when certain layers are not that important. [br] [br]After this release is out the door, I plan to rewrite the graphics rendering code in assembler and possibly use the Dreamcast ARM sound CPU to emulate the SNES sound CPU. [br][br]Check out what he said in this great Forum Topic (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=dcemu;action=display;num=1082494155; start=105#110)

[Modified 05/17/04 20:42:57 by DCEmu_Newsposter]

Proveaux
May 18th, 2004, 00:39
Try burning a TAO image.

scherzo
May 18th, 2004, 19:45
Just in case anybody wasn't aware, V2 is ready for download at the site.

http://www.superfamicast.com/

Christuserloeser
May 18th, 2004, 19:53
I just recognized it :) Thank you! I bet there will be lots of comments soon ;)

wraggster
May 18th, 2004, 20:34
/me says he should give scherzo newsposting access if he would like it to post when his new releases come out :)

scherzo
May 18th, 2004, 20:52
Sure, why not.

wraggster
May 18th, 2004, 20:58
great :)

any wip news or requests are welcome too, this offer goes to all coders too. Gotta support the scene :)

ill pm the details in a bit :)

Thanks