PDA

View Full Version : MS: Christmas is ours!

wraggster
August 7th, 2006, 15:30
Xmas belongs to Microsoft according to, erm, Microsoft as UK marketing boss issues battle cry

This Christmas will be an Xbox 360 time of unalloyed joy according to UK Marketing boss Steve McGill, who has issued the bold war cry in an interview with trade magazine MCV.

McGill told MCV, "We'll have an installed base of around ten million plus before they [Nintendo and Sony] launch. We had a terrific E3 that showed what a great future Xbox 360 has, that we're the only place for the breadth and depth of choice for games. It had dispelled a lot of the myths around PS3."

It's a bold statement to make, but signals Microsoft's intent to make the most out of its established position while Sony and Nintendo go through their expected launch pangs with games like Gears of War (which is due to debut on November 17th - the day of PS3 launch) aiming to spoil Sony and Nintendo's launch period party.

Microsoft has previously promised plenty of surprises in the run-up to this year's festive season, with Euro Marketing boss Richard Teversham recently avowing spoiler tactics could be on the way. Long-standing rumours of possible price cuts, as well as hardware releases like the camera and steering wheel will see the Redmond giant going on an all-out offensive to make sure this Christmas season is a monster one for 360.

Expect further revelations at this month's Leipzig Games Show and more than a few bold announcements at the annual X06 event in Barcelona in September as MS prepares for one final big push. But is McGill right? Will 360 dominate this last Christmas season before Sony and Nintendo get into full swing? Don't be shy of letting us know how you think it will shape up in the comments field below.

Miria
August 8th, 2006, 12:35
yeah right microsoft its the wiis

SSaxdude
August 8th, 2006, 13:08
yeah right microsoft its the wiis

No, 360 will have better games this year then the Wii because it is the second wave of games, and some of the best Wii games aren't even coming until after launch day.

Video_freak
August 8th, 2006, 16:38
SSaxdude, your completly right. I'll be buying a Wii though ;) (XBOX 360 is going to down to $300 next year :))

MasterChafed
August 9th, 2006, 11:11
I honestly think the bringing of Gears of War will bring in most of microsofts sales (nobody can resist cliffy b's games). That is honesty the reason i bought mine (that, halo 3 and doax2)