PDA

View Full Version : Super Monkey Poop Fight [WIP]

bronxbomber92
August 7th, 2006, 17:43
I would like to present to you all Super Monkey Poop Fight. Developed by Mast3r_Shak3 and myself. Its based off of the flash game, well, Super Monkey Poop Fight. Its a 2D sidescroller similiar to the old retro Mario games.
Before we have any confusion this is a Work In Progress, no beta will be released as of yet and many features (including graphics especially) are not finished!

Game features:
- Collision (Poo collision detection)
- Player Movement (animation done, sprites needed still)
- Poo Throw (now includes enemy throw, but still not completed)
- Artificial Intelligence (Still needs much improvementm contains poo throw, but still AI)
- Buggy, untested online play. Updated July 31st

Beta Testers
Hardrive
The Ex
Serideth
GWKYOU
Ericky
Ralan
TheMarioKarters

Todo
- Improve Collision
- Improve Artificial Intelligence
- Map/Levels
- Improve online play via Netlib 2.0
- Animation is ready, but sprites needed...

ScreenShots:
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/5661/screen14xu.png
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/3298/screen23zx.png

jak66
August 7th, 2006, 20:07
-.-, dirty monkeys, playing with poo, well its.....different to say the least, maybe it should just be called monkey poo fight, thought it was gonna be the monkeys from super monkey ball when i read the title

bronxbomber92
August 7th, 2006, 21:05
Yes, different is the correct word ;), but the nae will stay as that was the orginal name before I decided to create this clone. Thanks for your input :)

jak66
August 7th, 2006, 21:19
clone? clone of what
and as for it being different, its good cause it makes a change from the side scrolling adventure game betas that have been released recently

bronxbomber92
August 7th, 2006, 21:34
If you read the opening paragraph, it states thats it's based off a flash game. If you wish to play it, you can find it at addictinggames.com or search google for it.

We plan not to release many betas at all, probably only one (which may be soon). All the betas seem like a waste, as most first beta are just a moving unanimated sprite on a bg... We don't want that rep :p

jak66
August 7th, 2006, 22:38
duuuu, i should really make sure i read everything before i ask stupid questions
as for the betas you were talking about, i was also refering to them, sure there ok, but there as good as a hello world

bronxbomber92
August 7th, 2006, 22:56
duuuu, i should really make sure i read everything before i ask stupid questions
as for the betas you were talking about, i was also refering to them, sure there ok, but there as good as a hello world
Its fine ;)

[UPDATE] Currently looking for a server to use netlin on, please contact me via pm, if you can provide one! Thanks