PDA

View Full Version : Rumour Mill Time - New PSone Emulator for PSP Announced

Pages : [1] 2

wraggster
August 7th, 2006, 19:16
Recently we have had 2 very bogus emulator announcements, the port of Ultrahle the Nintendo 64 emulator to the PSP and the next day a PSOne emulator for the PSP, both turned out to be bogus and there was a theory that both news were just done for hits and may have been started by those particular sites (ive no proof but it certainly looked dodgy)

Anyway today a French team have posted that they are to release a PSone emulator before the end of the summer

Heres the translated news article:

Everyone knows that Sony will leave a PSone emulator for its PSP and that one will need upgrader to make use of it. PSP-GENERATION has just obtained exclusive information: another PSone emulator is under development, and will leave perhaps even before that Sony. This last will be free and function with the images of your own plays PSX.

I would not quote any source (secrecy obliges) but I can say to you to have already had an outline of what this future emulator will give. A version beta, not forcing put in public domain, should be testable in an immediate future.

In the announced functionalities, this emulator will propose:

- The support of the sound
- At least 50FPS
- The support of the images compressed in DAX or CIS
- Management of the memory boards of the PSX (virtually)
- The support of WiFi for the multijouor mode
- Other functions will come to be grafted progressively.

This should be born before the end of the summer and, at all events, before the exit of the official emulator. In any case it is what is announced

This news was made with an aim of informing you of this news, far from being alleviating, and reassuring the owners of PSP not wanting upgrader.

There you have it, fake or not we dont know, lets be honest with the right team and source code its very possible but this one is going to be a wait and see. At this time i will not link to the site where it was posted until maybe they can contact me and confirm, then ill promote it all the way.

motz
August 7th, 2006, 19:21
Lets hope this isn't fake as I own a hell of a lot of PSOne games. :D

pokothehobo
August 7th, 2006, 19:28
50FPS with full sound hahahahahha

absolutely fake. it would take a very long time for a psone emu to get that fast. just look at the n64 emu's, they have been worked on for months and months and i think right now they only get about 15 fps. i could always be wrong though, but i would bet this is fake.

Tomppa
August 7th, 2006, 19:28
I hope there will be a homebrew PSone emu, but, this seems almost too good to me...

wraggster
August 7th, 2006, 19:31
actually i believe that if the source code of a certain emulator was available then a full speed PSX emu would be very doable.

but as far as i know that source code is closed at the moment.

Briggzy11
August 7th, 2006, 19:33
How fake can it get, 50fps just like that as well as Wifi??? the only person quick enough code something like this would be either Bill Gates or the owner of Sony (who I cant be bothered to look up on the net lol)

Consider this total BS however lets see if this french group proves me long because this would be the perfect PSP Homebrew Emulator :D

xiringu
August 7th, 2006, 19:35
well, fake or not, the truth is that there will be a free psone emulator on the psp. Maybe not this one, but somebody will try (or maybe is trying at the moment without us knowing :) ) to port any of the PSone emus on the pc or start a new one.

we all know the psp is able of handling it. the only question is going to be...when?

and I have the feeling that emulating the PSone on the psp is going to be easier than emulating other consoles.

after all, Sony made both of them. and the psp was designed with the idea of emulating the psone from the beginning..am I wrong?

just the same way, psx games play on the ps2. the only difference is that it hasn't been available right from the beginning of the psp.

let's see. anyway, the future looks promising :)

jak66
August 7th, 2006, 19:37
isn't a psx emu easier to get at full speed cause it streams the isos or something?
And it was a french team? Maybe ZX-81 is helping, which could explain the decent fps and all the extras (like sound, wifi, etc) , lol

hack.fool
August 7th, 2006, 19:47
well 50fps..multiplay..sound sooo gooood
maybe too much gooood
...but considering that we have coder like Nj..Zx..Monkey and many other ...as Wraggster say:lets be honest with the right team and source code its very possible
I think we just have to wait

gamesquest1
August 7th, 2006, 19:48
i hope its real i have no codin knowlage but from what ive read i thought consoles that are similar can often emulate there close relatives alot easier, and im sure i read that they where the proposed specs :rolleyes: just as i propose the ps1 emu im coding on wordpad will run cd's in the umd drive if you cut your disks to fit:eek: ......just proposed.. not real:confused: :confused: :confused:

Datahax
August 7th, 2006, 19:51
Bullcrap. Pure and simple.

I used to hang onto these rumors with some shred of hope that it was even half accurate, but it's never real if it's this good without any proof of any kind. This has happened too many times.

(c'mon, at least put the effort in to fake some screenshots)

Mr. Shizzy
August 7th, 2006, 19:52
I'll believe it when there's actually a release. I hate to sound so cynical; but this sort of thing has been promised before (and been a hoax). I REALLY want to believe this. We'll just have to wait and see...

jak66
August 7th, 2006, 20:00
even with a release it could stil be a hoax mr shizzy, remember the pspsone by pac-man fan

ACID
August 7th, 2006, 20:01
If sony is going to release there own emu in a way that plays PS1 games it means it runs neer perfect. With means if they can do it our more talented coders can also. Now about this news i hope its true because like Motz sayd i have a hell of a lot of PS1 games just sitting in mi shell

felonyr301
August 7th, 2006, 20:03
its possible its not out of reach but ill believe it when i see it.

jak66
August 7th, 2006, 20:04
what is sony doing? one emu for all the psx games or a seperate eboot for each?

dagger89
August 7th, 2006, 20:05
At least 50FPS

hmmm... sounds a little too high... and a port of a pc emulator would never reach that high (just look at pspvba)...

Sound support just makes it seem more unlikely, especially comboed w/ compressed isos (which would be necessary b/c of ppl w/ 1 gig sticks and multiple disk games).

A full speed emulator? I highly doubt it. SNES TYL isn't full speed yet....

jak66
August 7th, 2006, 20:13
out of intrest, why is it possible for a psx emu, but not dreamcast (or is it and no-ones done it yet)???

dagger89
August 7th, 2006, 20:15
Dreamcast is much more powerful than the psx or n64. Its a little bit closer to the ps2 in terms of power... I doubt it will ever happen, however it is possible that 1 will be released that would go about 8-10 fps w/o sound at the max. But thats just my estimate

gamesquest1
August 7th, 2006, 20:19
oh yeah i am sort of starting to question sony's ps1 emulator, why bother at the rate they are going they are already converting most of the games and selling them as new psp titles such as breath of fire 3 and ape escape also i see plenty of flaws in security if they enabled people to just iso there games so the amount of games you own are of very little relavence to the official ps1 emulator so you will need to pay for all your games again.......if you really think about it a official emulator would probs be shitty as when thinking about it are there any games you would want so much off ps1 and would pay for again. all moan at me after you take that into concideration

Voltron
August 7th, 2006, 20:29

absolutely fake. it would take a very long time for a psone emu to get that fast. just look at the n64 emu's, they have been worked on for months and months and i think right now they only get about 15 fps. i could always be wrong though, but i would bet this is fake.

It is MUCH easier to emulate PSOne on the PSP than it is N64 so that is not a fair comparison. Actually, its easier to emulate PSOne than it is to emulate Super NES. So a PSOne EMU is entirely possible and probably guaranteed in the future.

HOWEVER.....
I think this news boasts a little too much.

1.) WiFi? I doubt even Sony's PSOne EMU will have WiFi

2.) Supports DAX & CiSO compression? Thats an immediate red flag. These compression methods were created for PSP ISO's not PSOne ISO's. Unless this "French Team" have been secretly collaborating with Dark_AleX & Booster, I have a hard time believing this.

Like most of you, I want to believe this sooooo bad. Especially because it will be possible to emulate PSOne games on the PSP. I am just not sure. This claims to do a lot for just a "rumored" project.

dagger89
August 7th, 2006, 20:31
i believe the .dax and .cso compressions are open source...

MikeDX
August 7th, 2006, 20:33
actually i believe that if the source code of a certain emulator was available then a full speed PSX emu would be very doable.

I agree.

rock_light
August 7th, 2006, 20:36
this would piss off sony more than any other form of psp pirating, w00t i guess

btw, dax and cso would work fine.

DPyro
August 7th, 2006, 20:37
Ok, I know who's supposedly making this so I'm gonna say its real.

jimjamjahaa
August 7th, 2006, 20:45
lol this is the biggest pile of bull i have seen in a while

this is not the way serious developers go about developing. no one claims abilities like this without working betas/alphas

they have simply listed a few features that people want, plucked a few arbitrary numbers out of the cosmos and let the over reactive imagination of the homebrew collective do the rest.

jimjamjahaa
August 7th, 2006, 20:47
It is MUCH easier to emulate PSOne on the PSP than it is N64 so that is not a fair comparison. Actually, its easier to emulate PSOne than it is to emulate Super NES. So a PSOne EMU is entirely possible and probably guaranteed in the future.

buh? explain this to me from a technical angle

because im not getting it....

Voltron
August 7th, 2006, 20:47
oh yeah i am sort of starting to question sony's ps1 emulator, why bother at the rate they are going they are already converting most of the games and selling them as new psp titles such as breath of fire 3 and ape escape also i see plenty of flaws in security if they enabled people to just iso there games so the amount of games you own are of very little relavence to the official ps1 emulator so you will need to pay for all your games again.......if you really think about it a official emulator would probs be shitty as when thinking about it are there any games you would want so much off ps1 and would pay for again. all moan at me after you take that into concideration

Sony can't afford for an "official" PSOne Emulator to be garbage. It has so much potential to create revenue for Sony that failure should not be an option.

And yes a homebrew EMU would be welcome, A Sony PSOne EMU would likely be close to perfect. So I welcome Sony's effort to bring us this due to the ease of use. There should be no compatibility issues, speed issues, etc. I really want Sony to succeed on this one.

wraggster
August 7th, 2006, 20:48
These 3 emulators if ported would be full speed

Bleem
VGS
PSX4ALL

Sony own the top 2 and the third im sure is closed source.

bosanova_x
August 7th, 2006, 20:52
Either way there will be a ps1 emu by the end of the year, official or not.

One thing I was thinking though is the size of the ps1 games in comparison to a memory stick.People will want to play ff7 no doubt.As we all know it is a three disk game, at over a gig in space.

So people will need atleast a 2 gig mem stick to play ff7 and have some homebrew at the same time.

I don't know if I'm right but i'm thinking that the emu will be simalar functionality to the neo geo cd emu (eg) having the music in mp3.Therefore taking much needed memory.unless there is a way of compressing the ps1 games that is.

I'm totaly in favour of this emu but I can't help but think that it is a waste of money.As I won't be forking out aload of cash for a large memory stick(i'm thinking 4 gig).You may as well buy a second hand ps1, ff7,castlevania sotn and play it on your tv.There would be change left too.

Moving on to the official ps1 emu,people will have to pay for the games knowing sony.I'm also thinking that all the games won't be available at the time of the emus launch.all of this is speculation though.

hopefully we will all be playing ps1 games on our psp soon all the above is just a thought.

what do you guys think?

shadow77
August 7th, 2006, 20:54
hmmm... sounds a little too high... and a port of a pc emulator would never reach that high (just look at pspvba)...

Sound support just makes it seem more unlikely, especially comboed w/ compressed isos (which would be necessary b/c of ppl w/ 1 gig sticks and multiple disk games).

A full speed emulator? I highly doubt it. SNES TYL isn't full speed yet....

Laxer3a (TYL developer) said it himself.. a PS1 emu at full speed is probably easier than getting snes at full speed (and - for the record, alot of SNES games do run full speed).

I know the person behind this project so I would say its very likely to be real..

Accordion
August 7th, 2006, 20:56
sniper has got my hopes up...
i think the list of features is a planned projection of what to implement, so dont be too hasty in saying it is fake.

who is doing it, some people seem to know, pm

Voltron
August 7th, 2006, 20:59
buh? explain this to me from a technical angle

because im not getting it....

Well I'm no expert and I made that statement in reference to what many coders have said over the months about PSOne emulation.

Most simply put, it is easier to emulate a CD-Rom system than it is to emulate a cartridge system.

1.) Emulating systems like SNES, GBA, etc. use up a lot of RAM. A PSOne EMU would not have to waste all the RAM on loading an ISO.

2.) This is why ROMS larger than 32MB won't work with EMU's such as GBA. The PSP only has 32MB of RAM.

To give examples, NJ's Neo Geo CDZ EMU runs Neo Geo CD games perfect but it would not be possible to emulate the Neo Geo Console and play ROM's of the NEo Geo Carts.

So if you have any doubts about a PSOne EMU, look at the Neo Geo CD EMU. It is possible and more likely to be full speed than a GBA, N64, or even SNES.

If I'm wrong, anyone feel free to correct me but I think I pretty much have the idea and concept correct.

QueadlunnRau
August 7th, 2006, 20:59
If they can get a PSX emulator working 40+ FPS on a pocketPC phone. Then I believe someone can get one to work with a PSP.

Currently I am running Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX) at 30-40fps without sound and movies ripped out on my XV6600 PocketPC Phone. And yes, I do own the PSX game.

http://fpsearm.psxfanatics.com/

psman
August 7th, 2006, 21:00
it sounds real to me to a degree. the psp and psx are more alike than psp and N64. think it is possible mainly since the psx is a 32 bits and so is the psp what makes n64 harder is the 64 bit processor making it spend more of the psp memory to use to convert to 64 bit. however idk if it can make it to 50 frames but faster than the n64

Dickhead
August 7th, 2006, 21:08
Sounds like the race is on to release a full working homebrew PSX emu before sony does and I think it should run just as well as sonys. good luck to all the pspcoders

dagger89
August 7th, 2006, 21:11
im stilll calling bs. this is the first we have heard of them and they are aiming for great emulation. PSXXX or w/e has supposed to run FF7 full speed w/ sound. UltraHLEPSP was supposed to run full speed w/ sound.... donkey64 was supposed to run full speed w/ sound... This is supposed to run full speed w/ sound.... sound familar?

jimmi
August 7th, 2006, 21:14
Hey gr8 news... but i think it mite b a bit fishy... but i seriously hope it wrks

DPyro
August 7th, 2006, 21:18
im stilll calling bs. this is the first we have heard of them and they are aiming for great emulation. PSXXX or w/e has supposed to run FF7 full speed w/ sound. UltraHLEPSP was supposed to run full speed w/ sound.... donkey64 was supposed to run full speed w/ sound... This is supposed to run full speed w/ sound.... sound familar?
Yes, but you don't know whos making this (where as I do) :)

jak66
August 7th, 2006, 21:23
i get the idea that you know whos making this $n!pr (what gave that away?), have the people making this made any good homebrew for psp before?

TriGGERtheFunz
August 7th, 2006, 21:34
Lets hope this isn't fake as I own a hell of a lot of PSOne games. :D

motz u say a lot of ps1 and i cant say no but i have more ps1 then anyone i know i have 462 ps1 games inports&u.s. more inports then anything & no COPYS and i have all the sages to DBZ-286,
DBGT-80 episodes that is & all 13 movies and tv episode NO DB they suck-the point all if u have let know so i can full myies up so i can know what i dont have & HOW DO MAKE A PS1 INTO A ISO
P.S. I'M FROM NYC AND I WORK 4 A GAME STORE THATS Y I HAVE SO MANY GAMES&movies:D :D :D :D

mavsman4457
August 7th, 2006, 21:36
It's easy to say this is fake and have no hopes for it, but then when there finally is a real PSX emu it doesn't make you that happy. That being said, and after seeing Sniper's comments, and shadow's comments, I'm a believer. Some people have been saying that this was done too fast but for me that's not even a factor. It is completely reasonable to keep working on something for months or over a year without releasing anything. These people may have been working on this since the PSP was released. Wraggster also sounds very hopeful about this one :)

EDIT: And as for the lack of beta testing that people were talking about, I think, if someone has a PS1 emu for PSP and you want beta testers all you need to do is find someone who can shut their mouth or that doesn't know about DCEmu. I'm sure plenty of beta testing was done prior to this announcement, if indeed this is real.

Datre32
August 7th, 2006, 21:43
Zottd unai and tinnus were all making incredible progress on psx4all for palm, zodiac and gp2x. Chui even ported it to DC right?

Because of what wraggster said, and the fact the psx4all was meant to be "4all"

With the right coders who know the structure of the psp...

I'm excited ^^

kayhanbakid
August 7th, 2006, 21:56
My gut feeling is that it's fake.:(

skater9269
August 7th, 2006, 22:09
sniper please tell us who it is are they already well known or what?

DPyro
August 7th, 2006, 22:15
sniper please tell us who it is are they already well known or what?
They are.

mavsman4457
August 7th, 2006, 22:19
Can we guess them and you will confirm or deny them?

jimmi
August 7th, 2006, 22:23
tell meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

*winge*

dagger89
August 7th, 2006, 22:24
They are.

How helpful.....

skater9269
August 7th, 2006, 22:29
they are. french. is .< (reffering to the period) a name in france or what. jk lol

Emeriastone
August 7th, 2006, 22:37
/ me *crossing fingers*

weirdelf
August 7th, 2006, 22:37
I think its real coz if sony can make a near full psx emu,
why shouldnt anyone else be able to

Emeriastone
August 7th, 2006, 22:38
I think its real coz if sony can make a near full psx emu,
why shouldnt anyone else be able to

--because sony works for profit and the coders get paid, not to mention the best help money can buy. :eek:

BL4Z3D247
August 7th, 2006, 22:39
well since i heard something a couple of weeks ago from an underground source ;) that "a good coder" was taking on the ps1 emu and from what i've seen $n!pr sayin i gotta say this is real guys and i can't wait for a public release :D

rbervoets
August 7th, 2006, 22:42
TOOOOOOOOO GOOD TO BE TRUE...

is all i can say !

dagger89
August 7th, 2006, 22:43
I found out sum info on this:

Train2335 (another faker- who created the pspdizaster downgrader) is friends w/ the the coders.

brainpan
August 7th, 2006, 22:44
Hmm....let's see. What coders known on the PSP scene are french...hmmmm....:rolleyes: :D :p

yoshinatsu
August 7th, 2006, 22:44

I suppose that PSOne is easier than the N64 to be emulated on the PSP.

SteveV2
August 7th, 2006, 22:45
All sounds good.

I love the Psone. Mine broke about a month ago or so and just today, I picked one up off ebay with 28 games for £29. Even had the likes of Point Blank 2 and Silent Hill in the mix :)

Tomba 2 is an awsome game, but way too much to buy. Would be great to play it on a psp. I'd probably buy a 2nd 2gig MS just for psx :)

Thee's enough in this thread to give me enough hope this is all good.

NoQuarter
August 7th, 2006, 22:47
I believe,you guys shouldn't be asking people to reveal their sources as it's obviously confidential.I really don't like the Idea of giving sony money for games that I already own,thats just too much.I truly hope our coders beat sony to the punch.Don't get me wrong I'm not a sony basher,but paying for games I already own=lame.Now would probably be a good time for everybody to buy as many used ps1 games as they can find!

weirdelf
August 7th, 2006, 22:52
If sony made you pay for the psone games, would they probably be £20 or £40?

NoQuarter
August 7th, 2006, 22:55
Oh they're gonna make you pay that's for sure!I'm guessing $5-10.Sorry I don't know money conversion rates.

weirdelf
August 7th, 2006, 22:58
These 3 emulators if ported would be full speed

Bleem
VGS
PSX4ALL

Sony own the top 2 and the third im sure is closed source.

I just checked and PSX4ALL is open source

NoQuarter
August 7th, 2006, 23:05
What system was psx4ALL released on?

weirdelf
August 7th, 2006, 23:06
Dreamcast

GeEkPiE
August 7th, 2006, 23:08
well, i dont know about this french team but i know for sure of one that is already being worked on with a first release of at least 30fps

:D

i cant give out any more details about it though soz

skater9269
August 7th, 2006, 23:09
laxer3a lives in japan and is of french nationallity and yoyofr lives in paris zx is french psmonkey is from cali but lives in quebec which is kinda like france lol so idk

NoQuarter
August 7th, 2006, 23:16
Hopefully nobody slips up and lets us know who it is!We wouldn't want to draw sony's attention to them.

weirdelf
August 7th, 2006, 23:18
But if they release it, Sony will notice anyway

NoQuarter
August 7th, 2006, 23:25
But then it will already be on the net.

skater9269
August 7th, 2006, 23:36
btw it is not illegal to make a ps1 emu is it

weirdelf
August 7th, 2006, 23:39
there already are loads

jimmi
August 7th, 2006, 23:39
yer dnt tell n e 1 on second thoughts... release it and run away.... with your psp mwhahahahaha

mavsman4457
August 7th, 2006, 23:40
laxer3a lives in japan and is of french nationallity and yoyofr lives in paris zx is french psmonkey is from cali but lives in quebec which is kinda like france lol so idk

Those were my guesses but I wasn't sure if there was a reason to not say that so I kept mum. Now that it's out though yoyofr and laxer3a have not really been responding to post on yoyofr's forums. They got really mad when someone asked where they were. So your guess is the same as mine.

ryan2006
August 7th, 2006, 23:47
:p end of the summer tht mean the endof this month?? if 1 does get released i will be sooo plz im moving from scotland to england and the journeys is about 8hrs what better way 2 pass the time

DPyro
August 7th, 2006, 23:47
Its not them.

mavsman4457
August 7th, 2006, 23:49
^^^ I'm out of guesses then.

NoQuarter
August 7th, 2006, 23:52
Besides I'm sure the coders involved don't want a lot of fanboy drool on them.Just let them do their thing.

jamesmc3stripe
August 7th, 2006, 23:52
hahah i think this is a very clever ploy to make sony bring there emulator out first, They will make everyone update and not be able to use the free one, or at least thats what they think lol, there is no free one its just we are feed up waiting and wee want the psx emu now!!!!

p.s hurry up and bring out a 2.80 downgrader i was tricked into fake fooking video rss that doesent even streem, i mean i could have downloaded the videos to my comp then put them onto my memory card lieing fooking sony

brainpan
August 7th, 2006, 23:55
Surely its notthe SNESTYL peeps. Afterall they stay pretty busy with the SNES emu. There are tons of programmers in french speaking countries. Maybe they just speak french as a hobby and are actually from South America. It could be ANYBODY! Maybe you, or you, even you, or you.......

NoQuarter
August 8th, 2006, 00:00
What 2.8 doesn't actually stream,REALLY lame update sony,Not even a ps1 emu would make me upgrade,I'll just be patient:)

weirdelf
August 8th, 2006, 00:05
I agree except i might update for the ps1 emu

Kramer
August 8th, 2006, 00:09
seems to be real from what ive read around the net.

psman
August 8th, 2006, 00:13
probably not a good idea to guess since sony r searching forums like this one to find hints on whos making it devhook was brought down by sony and they brought down the legal version of devhook. best not to guess who did it since sony is probably taking on those guesses right now to shut it down before it comes out. besides only a selected know whos making this which means most hints are rummors.... which is a good thing. besides i thinks its funnier sony doesnt know!

NoQuarter
August 8th, 2006, 00:14
It would really suck to update ,then to have a free one come out.again I say patience.I do have a question though,if playing a psone emu requires dumping your games is discussion of how to do it going to be allowed?I wouldn't dream of giving my old school portable emu's for a ps1 emu,I come from the old school I had a vic20,atari,nes,genesis,snes,64 all when I was growing up!Anybody remember the sega master system hidden game,no cartridge needed?

DPyro
August 8th, 2006, 00:19
Ok this is slightly off-topic but I just had to post it:

IF Yoshizero is involved with this then you can pretty guarantee there will be 'stolen' code in it.
I know, I've smacked that fcuktard around before on DCEMU when he released a crappy emulator based off someone else's CLOSED SOURCE that he somehow 'obtained'. Once I outed him to the original devs, they came into the thread demanding Wraggster take it down. I was immediately banned and Yoshizero was made out like some sort of hero over there.
But that's only IF Yoshizero is involved in any way with this supposed 'PS1 emulator'.

[00:56:23] ‹ !fettesbumsen › theyre *****ing about yoshihiro, or as they like to call him/her, yoshizero
[00:56:34] ‹ !fettesbumsen › and that the people should ask you what actually happend
[00:56:37] ‹ !fettesbumsen › and alot of ****
[00:56:44] ‹ *Mathieulh › who cares what those people call him ?
[00:57:02] ‹ *Mathieulh › if they believe MPH's lies I don't care

[00:57:19] ‹ !fettesbumsen › Fine, ask Dark_Alex or Mathieulh what happened (seeing as your being a complete ass about it).

[00:57:37] ‹ *Mathieulh › well they can come here and ask
[00:57:45] ‹ *Mathieulh › I'll tell them yoshihiro is a reliable developer
[00:58:01] ‹ *Mathieulh › who never stole anything despite the bad reputation some people try to give him
[00:58:52] ‹ *Mathieulh › but if they hate him so much, then they just wont use any of the software he worked on.
[00:59:04] ‹ *Mathieulh › like the downdaters
[00:59:10] ‹ *Mathieulh › or the version changers
[00:59:18] ‹ *Mathieulh › and lots of other stuffs

PWN'D!

jamesmc3stripe
August 8th, 2006, 00:21
so does noone think this is a clever ploy to get sony to release there one first?...i do and i seriosly hope it works the only thing that would make me not upgrade to the fw with the ps1 emu would be a fw 2.80 downgrader then a ps1 fw devhook type application:d but i dought anymore fw will be hacked programers and coders and such seemed to stop trying when fw 2.70 came out.

charltonheston
August 8th, 2006, 00:24
Can't wait to play Parapa the rapper :)

Personally I think that there is some huge software houses and tonnes of talented programmers in France so I could believe that a French team could do this. They've set the bar quite high but yet not in an unrealistic manner so it seems plausible. Backed up with a couple of people who say they know who it is - yep I'm sold. It's all good baby.

Although Sony officially have no powers to stop the emulator I'm sure they will try their hardest to impede this emulators development as the system used for selling psone games online will probably be used as a forerunner to trial methodologies for PS4 game retail (assuming that the rumours of the PS4 not having an optical drive are true).

oh yeah and space hulk - that was quite good too.. hmmm maybe even soul blade... well here's hoping

NoQuarter
August 8th, 2006, 00:28
There are always going to be people hacking, period.They just might not talk about it until the time is right.And I do appreciate yoshihiro's contributions,I was using his stuff last year to downgrade.We should all learn to program;)It would do the world a great service.

jamesmc3stripe
August 8th, 2006, 00:31
what has the ps4 been announced allready? and really im hopeing its fake cause i have 2.80...sorry i know im bad.lol . eh im looking farward to playing resedent evil 3 and all the crash bandicuits and vigalanty 8 wow tht was a game eh... what else...
mortal combat 3+4 ano you can allready get 3 but so and eh.. teken all ps1 ones and what else ... the ps1 was amazing... fifa 1996 (the best fifa to date) tony hawks 1234 were okish for the ps1, 2 was the best eh...final fantacy!!!!!!! i need to lye down:D:D:D

NoQuarter
August 8th, 2006, 00:35
Wow to play all those great games your going to have to pay,even if you already own them.

SpacemanSpiff
August 8th, 2006, 00:37
$n!pr have any of the developers worked on any other emulators for PSP?

DPyro
August 8th, 2006, 00:46
There is a PS1 emu that someone is working on who made 2 others ;)

Kramer
August 8th, 2006, 00:52
psmonkey:D

ryan2006
August 8th, 2006, 00:56
yeah hes been silent recently:P i dont think he would of had the time tho

Unlimitedv2
August 8th, 2006, 01:21
****ing fake.

mavsman4457
August 8th, 2006, 01:41
****ing fake.

At this point I'm not sure how people can think that this is fake. Sniper has been backing it up all day and considering the fact that he has 500+ posts here I doubt that he would want to ruin his name for a little attention over a fake PS1 emu. It's going to be interesting to see what the doubters have to say if this emu is released and to see what sniper and other believers like myself would have to say if this is a fake.

NoQuarter
August 8th, 2006, 01:43
Amen, to that.

daibo
August 8th, 2006, 01:51
If you want to know who's working on this, google for "psp psx emulateur". You should find the answer on some french boards, @ page 6 of some news threads.

dagger89
August 8th, 2006, 02:08
At this point I'm not sure how people can think that this is fake. Sniper has been backing it up all day and considering the fact that he has 500+ posts here I doubt that he would want to ruin his name for a little attention over a fake PS1 emu. It's going to be interesting to see what the doubters have to say if this emu is released and to see what sniper and other believers like myself would have to say if this is a fake.

Quite simple... Look back to the Zombi N64 incident. The newsposter of qj.net said he was FRIENDS with the coder and KNEW HIM WELL. He was 100% confident it would be released. Why should we believe $n!pr? No offense, but he has nothing but words. Do words make an emulator? No. I need a definitive piece of proof, not some worthless words.

Just my 2 cents.

ryan2006
August 8th, 2006, 02:11
yeah but qj are a joke $n!pr even tho he always leaves us wanting more i would put my trust in him

NJisMYhome
August 8th, 2006, 02:12
the poster who posted about zombi at qj didnt say he was friends with him or that he knew him , he just said he was a reader u dork!!!!!!!!

Unlimitedv2
August 8th, 2006, 02:13

You base this only on post count? I could be a nice guy and spam up tah 500 posts and do the same thing. How can this be real. This is no different than all the other fakers, "Yeh I got this thing rning mad fast y0 but you can't have it cuz i r like not don yet bot It wil be otu l8er so yew kan plai too D:D!!!!" This what this has a spawn with a high post count backing him up. This is not real and will never be. A computer can't even use PSX at at 500mhz with a 32mb video card and 256 ram (Or well for that matter). If it is so real why don't they send it to an admin. No video, no screens or no info will prove this is real unless it is reled. Guess what, it's not and will never be. Get over it.

DPyro
August 8th, 2006, 02:14
Quite simple... Look back to the Zombi N64 incident. The newsposter of qj.net said he was FRIENDS with the coder and KNEW HIM WELL. He was 100% confident it would be released. Why should we believe $n!pr? No offense, but he has nothing but words. Do words make an emulator? No. I need a definitive piece of proof, not some worthless words.

Just my 2 cents.
Huge difference here as the whole scene knows who the guy is whos making the PSX emulator (and has actually MADE programs for PSP before).

steve06x
August 8th, 2006, 02:15
You base this only on post count? I could be a nice guy and spam up tah 500 posts and do the same thing. How can this be real. This is no different than all the other fakers, "Yeh I got this thing rning mad fast y0 but you can't have it cuz i r like not don yet bot It wil be otu l8er so yew kan plai too D:D!!!!" This what this has a spawn with a high post count backing him up. This is not real and will never be. A computer can't even use PSX at at 500mhz with a 32mb video card and 256 ram (Or well for that matter). If it is so real why don't they send it to an admin. No video, no screens or no info will prove this is real unless it is reled. Guess what, it's not and will never be. Get over it.

u idiot screenshots dont prove anything. but i think this is real

dagger89
August 8th, 2006, 02:26
Huge difference here as the whole scene knows who the guy is whos making the PSX emulator (and has actually MADE programs for PSP before).

Well give us a name..... Til then I call bullsh!t

steve06x
August 8th, 2006, 02:29
Well give us a name..... Til then I call bullsh!t

hmmm.if he gives names then sony will find out these people and arrest their ass, so I dont think hes gonna do it.

publicprivates
August 8th, 2006, 02:38
oh man, time to break out my collection of psx games i used to play! TEKKEN,1,2,and 3 HERE I COME! OH, I DIDNT FORGET YOU FINAL FANTASY!

Unlimitedv2
August 8th, 2006, 02:39
Erm, who are you talking too steve?

Festizzio
August 8th, 2006, 02:46
I can't wait to see how this turns out:)

jamesmc3stripe
August 8th, 2006, 02:53
big hair a perry baws ...hum anyway i still think its a ploy to get sony to relese theres earliy... dus any one know how much the ps1 games will be for the sony emu?

Malksta
August 8th, 2006, 02:57
:d

klisejo
August 8th, 2006, 03:07
I think its fake. But regardless, It would just be easier to crack the Sony Psone emu when it's released and run it with devhook. $ony knows this, thats why they started the devhook suing campaign.

remansano
August 8th, 2006, 03:09
yeah...
I think the same of klisejo
and 50fps with sound and multiplayer?? c'mon... too good to be true and too good to be "version 1.0"

DPyro
August 8th, 2006, 03:16
I think its fake. But regardless, It would just be easier to crack the Sony Psone emu when it's released and run it with devhook. $ony knows this, thats why they started the devhook suing campaign.
It wouldnt be easier actually. Sony would have the eboot encrypted and no ones been able to crack that encryption so far.

ryan2006
August 8th, 2006, 03:16
so malkster any updates from pacmanfan?

Malksta
August 8th, 2006, 03:23
nonono NO! pacmanfan NO!

DPyro
August 8th, 2006, 03:23
PacManFan quit.

ryan2006
August 8th, 2006, 03:25
nonono NO! pacmanfan NO!
ill take tht as a no:p

Malksta
August 8th, 2006, 03:28
wouldnt call it quitting

ryan2006
August 8th, 2006, 03:30
retiring with style thn:p

DPyro
August 8th, 2006, 03:30
Um..."handed down". :)

ryan2006
August 8th, 2006, 03:34
do u mean he passed on his work to sum1 else co i heard he was like 90% done

DPyro
August 8th, 2006, 03:35
Handed over

ryan2006
August 8th, 2006, 03:36
interesting:D

aries2k4
August 8th, 2006, 03:57
Well, I΄m putting my money on REAL. For one I beleive $n!pR. I also saw his post on another forum and I believe the people there saying this is real.
So can΄t wait. bring it on Baby!!!

daibo
August 8th, 2006, 04:13
Handed over
hmm, any plans by Monkey? afaik he's pretty busy right now

metalspector
August 8th, 2006, 04:14
http://www.psp-generation.com/ , it's french and about psp homebrew and emulation and look at the site name , I found it yippe , they even have the devhook there to download , still han't been ordered to remove it and they have better news than pspupdates lol , anyways lets spam their forum and pressure them to release it before the week ends!!!!!

DPyro
August 8th, 2006, 04:16
Lol they dont have a beta yet.

DPyro
August 8th, 2006, 04:19
hmm, any plans by Monkey? afaik he's pretty busy right now
No, he's working on his competition entries for NeoFlash and PSPU.

BL4Z3D247
August 8th, 2006, 04:24
well for the people who don't believe, $n!pr is a tester for PSmonkey so he has a good reputation correct? so why would $n!pr go and ruin his reputation, he has no motive. but i guess u'll just eat those words of disbelief when the time comes...i got u $n!pr :D

Festizzio
August 8th, 2006, 04:24
Lol they dont have a beta yet.
But they're serious about the 50 fps and all those other goodies?

nyrtrublue
August 8th, 2006, 04:42
I kinda hope that they wait till the summer ends before the release it even if they finish early.
1. I would be tempted to stay in bed all day and play
2. Lift my spirits before school starts.
3. Help me get through school.
4. Gimme somthing to do in math.

DPyro
August 8th, 2006, 04:44
I have no idea. I only know who's behind it...but havent spoken to him yet.

skater9269
August 8th, 2006, 04:50
so thats what hes been up to btw i have figured out who is behind it i think. so i cant tell right sniper or i will be killed right lol. well either way I didnt have any clue he was working on this but it sure has been kept secret.

psiko_scweek
August 8th, 2006, 04:51
hmm...only know hows behind it, but havent talked to them? is it PacManFan? lol....havent heard from him in a while...

[edit: ok, so i missed a few pages of the forum...oops...didnt realize he quit the psp scene]

here is a good quesiton though $n!pR....does the developer post on our forums frequently...or not?

DPyro
August 8th, 2006, 04:56
No

psiko_scweek
August 8th, 2006, 04:57
ok $n!pR...one last question...

are you positive this isnt a fake emu like all the other fakes?

DPyro
August 8th, 2006, 05:00
ok $n!pR...one last question...

are you positive this isnt a fake emu like all the other fakes?
LoL! :p

psiko_scweek
August 8th, 2006, 05:07
ok. im gonna take that as...a yes?

aries2k4
August 8th, 2006, 05:09
well for the people who don't believe, $n!pr is a tester for PSmonkey so he has a good reputation correct? so why would $n!pr go and ruin his reputation, he has no motive. but i guess u'll just eat those words of disbelief when the time comes...i got u $n!pr :D

Exactly what I was thinking. Some other people who I also trust there word are backing it. They have always had reliable posts, I don΄t think they would knowingly lie.;)

kpaul_nyc
August 8th, 2006, 05:09
dude this is getting frustarating. I did some research and found out who I think it is. Lol am I allowed to throw my guess in? Remember when it says that it will support DAX and CISO formats? And the team is French and WELL KNOWN. If you haven't narrowed it down do a couple of choices then i dont know where you have been in the psp scene for the past year or something. Am I going to die if I reveal who it is?!?!

psiko_scweek
August 8th, 2006, 05:13
ok...think about this...if im correct the source code and documentation for both DAX and CISO is open source, so adding those functions wouldnt be that hard.

DPyro
August 8th, 2006, 05:14
dude this is getting frustarating. I did some research and found out who I think it is. Lol am I allowed to throw my guess in? Remember when it says that it will support DAX and CISO formats? And the team is French and WELL KNOWN. If you haven't narrowed it down do a couple of choices then i dont know where you have been in the psp scene for the past year or something. Am I going to die if I reveal who it is?!?!
DING DING DING!!! We have a winnner!!!

DAX ZISO Loader = Dark_Alex

Downdater = Dark_Alex+Mathieulh+Yoshihiro

psiko_scweek
August 8th, 2006, 05:16
lol.....so its? Dark_Alex? wow....thats cool. well mr. sniper...why dont you just talk to them and see how its going?!

AtariFreek
August 8th, 2006, 05:17
lol, I Knew Something Was Up When $n!ipR Posted That Long Quote Back In The Thread.

DPyro
August 8th, 2006, 05:18
No, I never said Dark_Alex :D

psiko_scweek
August 8th, 2006, 05:19
well damn ..... im outta suggestions! care to...elaborate?!

AtariFreek
August 8th, 2006, 05:19
Is It Yoshihiro? The Old WAB Man Himself, The Accused Denied Charged And Convicted?
Lol Srry Ranting.
Am I Invisible?
REPLY!!!!
AUGGHHH!!

kpaul_nyc
August 8th, 2006, 05:22
DING DING DING!!! We have a winnner!!!

DAX ZISO Loader = Dark_Alex

Downdater = Dark_Alex+Mathieulh+Yoshihiro OMG IM A WINNER!!!! YEAH!!!! LOL I feel SO special now.
Betcha u cant do like me
Betcha u cant do like me
Betcha u cant do like me
Betcha u cant do like me

DPyro
August 8th, 2006, 05:29
Is It Yoshihiro? The Old WAB Man Himself, The Accused Denied Charged And Convicted?
Lol Srry Ranting.
Am I Invisible?
REPLY!!!!
AUGGHHH!!
Read this thread again please (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=176643)

AtariFreek
August 8th, 2006, 05:31
Whats Your Point?

dagger89
August 8th, 2006, 05:33
its yoshizero and mathieulh... great... this is gonna turn out just like the pspsms disaster. and dark_alex is from Spain...from where all the good devs come

psiko_scweek
August 8th, 2006, 05:33
that was his point. eitherway, i hope that they can pull this off, i think ad hoc psx would be the shit...

starts drolling about Grandia Portable. hehehe

(btw, Bubble Bobble is the greatest game ever made, just figured id throw that out)

DPyro
August 8th, 2006, 05:35
Whats Your Point?

00:57:45] ‹ *Mathieulh › I'll tell them yoshihiro is a reliable developer
[00:58:01] ‹ *Mathieulh › who never stole anything despite the bad reputation some people try to give him
[00:58:52] ‹ *Mathieulh › but if they hate him so much, then they just wont use any of the software he worked on.
[00:59:04] ‹ *Mathieulh › like the downdaters
[00:59:10] ‹ *Mathieulh › or the version changers

Read again :rolleyes:

AtariFreek
August 8th, 2006, 05:39
ohhh I Get It. :D No Need To Roll Your Eyes At Me. Lol, Guess I Dindn't read Carefully Enough.

dagger89
August 8th, 2006, 05:43
well how do u respond to the SMS source code theft?

DPyro
August 8th, 2006, 05:48
well how do u respond to the SMS source code theft?
How in the hell does one get closed source code.....Someone's lying about giving it to him (as if he 'stole' it). I'm 'assuming' someone gave him it (or leaked it), else how else would he have gotten it.

Kramer
August 8th, 2006, 05:48
lol it took everyone long enough to figure out who was working on this.
i figured it out like ten minutes after reading about it.

the one and only
August 8th, 2006, 05:50
yay 16 pages of reading and i finally find know hu are the coders, i think.

i cant wait! all these classics in the palm of my hand!!

starts victory dance and running around in a circle, then a trianlgle then a square, then a X

dagger89
August 8th, 2006, 05:56
i still call bull...sounds toooo much like the past w/ wab's downgrader, the psxxx emu, the zombi emu, the dizaster downgrader, the gamecubepsp emu...All promised GREAT things... til i c an alpha or any build, i call it bs. i wouldnt believe it if God told me... ive seen it b4 and will see it again. How is this any different?

the one and only
August 8th, 2006, 05:59
:( i have to walk my tubby dog lol, but seriously hu ar the coders?
im guessing yoshisero and the other guy :) nets slow so i cant go back a page

DPyro
August 8th, 2006, 06:01
Guys, Its 1am...I'm going to be now :)

dagger89
August 8th, 2006, 06:02
yoshizero is the "coder", but mathieulh isnt

the one and only
August 8th, 2006, 06:04
ah ok i understand, nite sniper :eek: u go to bed at 1:00

:) i wait until at least 2:00 :D

pkmaximum
August 8th, 2006, 06:31
man Its 1:30 now over here, Snip you must live close to me =P. But uhhhhh for the most part ya I'm pretty tired and I'm going to crash now. I'm not going to comment on this emulator as I do think it being emulated is very possible. But do I think this emulator is real?

A. that is all a mystery... as I have been prooven wrong in the past and I don't play to let it happen again.

Also Its just a matter of time before someone made, or started working on a PSX emulator for the PSP so I do have confidence on the side we will eventually get one. As it won't kill us if this was fake, and it wouldn't kill us if it was real XD.

But I do think that Snipa should at least explain a little bit more details on this emulator because its good for others to get reference on whats going on, otherwise don't post news about it in the first place because then its basically saying "I know something about your mother, but I'm not going to tell you :D" Its cute at first but it gets annoying. Sniper some information would be appreciated, as if I knew something I would not hold it against the forums, or rant on about ti and not share the infromation about what is going on.

Kramer
August 8th, 2006, 06:41
sniper doesnt know much about it yet except for whos working on it

SteveV2
August 8th, 2006, 08:14
yeah...
I think the same of klisejo
and 50fps with sound and multiplayer?? c'mon... too good to be true and too good to be "version 1.0"

And last week CPS2 wasn't possible. Look at V1 of that one my friend :)

BL4Z3D247
August 8th, 2006, 08:24
good point but its been known that a ps1 emu is possible on the psp, taken on by the right coder :D

Strangler
August 8th, 2006, 08:51

actually it wwas always possible. Only morons said it wasnt.

Festizzio
August 8th, 2006, 09:40
And how is the PS1 different from that?

Voltron
August 8th, 2006, 10:01
http://www.psp-generation.com/ , it's french and about psp homebrew and emulation and look at the site name , I found it yippe, lets spam their forum and pressure them to release it before the week ends!!!!!

LETS NOT!

What the hell kind of remark was that? Whoever is working on it will release it when THEY feel it is ready. Not when ungrateful impatient people "pressure" them to do so. Bugging the developers will not be good in any way. Unless anyone has the coding or technical knowledge to make the project better, bothering them won't help at all.

The one constnat truth with the PSP is that time yields great things. GIVE IT TIME...

mr_nick666
August 8th, 2006, 12:33
Patience is a virtue and time will tell! (two cliches which are apt here!) ;)

publicprivates
August 8th, 2006, 14:10
lol, you rule mr nick666! WOOT!

jimmi
August 8th, 2006, 14:34
hmm... i still hope it works, i think that if you give it time it ill turn out great and dnt pressure the devs or anything

Video_freak
August 8th, 2006, 15:25
I don't know if it's real or not, but I certainly hope it's real. I don't want to pay Sony for games I already own. :(

SteveV2
August 8th, 2006, 16:23

Now i'm certain I wouldn't put NJ in that category.

dagger89
August 8th, 2006, 16:23
I don't know if it's real or not, but I certainly hope it's real. I don't want to pay Sony for games I already own. :(

I agree, I would never pay for my huge collection of PS1 games (legal, not isos) again. However to make such bold statements such as 50 fps w/ sound and adhoc play is just crazy, by the end of the summer nonetheless. While I agree it is possible, it seems unlikely due to all of the hype regarding emulator x or downgrader y, and it turning out to be a hoax. If news broke about this 3 months ago, I'd believe it, but w/ all of the fakers appearing in the scene, i can't believe it.

mavsman4457
August 8th, 2006, 16:33
Is it permitted to talk about what software we can use to convert our PS1 discs into usable files for any upcoming PS1 emulator?

Video_freak
August 8th, 2006, 16:34
Is it permitted to talk about what software we can use to convert our PS1 discs into usable files for any upcoming PS1 emulator?
probably (i guess). i dont see why not, since it cant promote piracy...

mavsman4457
August 8th, 2006, 16:38
OK I just downloaded MagicISO and I haven't used it yet but it's free and so far it doesn't look like there is any spyware attached to it. Hopefully it gets the job done.

dagger89
August 8th, 2006, 16:39

I guess it would be required as how else would it possible to play the games, *if* this emulator would be true. To do it, use a copy of Alcohol 120% to copy the disk to a disk image format. I believe Alcohol 120 is free to try for 15 days

NJisMYhome
August 8th, 2006, 17:04
yes, alcohol 120 will get the job done, just make sure the discs arent scratched

Mr. Shizzy
August 8th, 2006, 17:14
Well, well. This thing might actually be real. I'm still not gonna get too excited, but this definently has my attention now.

SteveV2
August 8th, 2006, 18:15
Yes, i've used Alcohol for quite some time. Have ripped many cds with it.

They do need to be scratch free or it will fail :(

What i'd like to know is, how do you rip bits out to make the file smaller? There images are fairly big, the PSX used most of the space avaliable in alot of games.

wolfpack
August 8th, 2006, 19:13
seems possible with enough talented coders on the project, but also unlikely to pull off by the end of the summer, it just needs more time, 50 fps? yea right. maybe the french are up to something and maybe they might release something good. but until it gets released, i dont think this is true

dagger89
August 8th, 2006, 19:15
Yes, i've used Alcohol for quite some time. Have ripped many cds with it.

They do need to be scratch free or it will fail :(

What i'd like to know is, how do you rip bits out to make the file smaller? There images are fairly big, the PSX used most of the space avaliable in alot of games.

I think u can rip out the dummy files and fmv's if u want....

Accordion
August 8th, 2006, 19:21
if this is based on the work by pacmanfan, then it would seem alot of the work is done, pacmanfan's alpha releases had all the graphics sorted, it just needed loads of speed optimisations.

tsurumaru
August 8th, 2006, 20:06
This guide is the one that I used to back up my PSX games:

http://forums.ngemu.com/960723-post102.html

Alcohol 120% may work but its not freeware, Isoproducer is.

Tinnus
August 8th, 2006, 20:23
a) It is possible.
b) They said "it will have that in the end of the summer", not "we have it now".
c) "it will have that in the end of the summer" means "we want it to have that in the end of the summer".
d) ......

edit: 5) 50FPS means the VSync will happen at 50Hz (fullspeed would be 60Hz). No PS1 games ran (render) at 60FPS, although the image was refreshed at 60Hz. They would run at 30, 20, 15, 12 or 10. So 10 (game) FPS would mean fullspeed for a game that runs at 10FPS.

Most games ran at 15 or 20, BTW.

skater9269
August 8th, 2006, 20:44
why does yoshisero's site have nothing about this?

SteveV2
August 8th, 2006, 20:55
This guide is the one that I used to back up my PSX games:

http://forums.ngemu.com/960723-post102.html

Alcohol 120% may work but its not freeware, Isoproducer is.

Thanks for that, gonna give it a shot :)

NJisMYhome
August 8th, 2006, 21:11
all my final fantasy backups are in .img format. will it work with the emu, or do i have to convert them to iso????and if i do, what program should i use

mavsman4457
August 8th, 2006, 21:12
a) It is possible.
b) They said "it will have that in the end of the summer", not "we have it now".
c) "it will have that in the end of the summer" means "we want it to have that in the end of the summer".
d) ......

edit: 5) 50FPS means the VSync will happen at 50Hz (fullspeed would be 60Hz). No PS1 games ran (render) at 60FPS, although the image was refreshed at 60Hz. They would run at 30, 20, 15, 12 or 10. So 10 (game) FPS would mean fullspeed for a game that runs at 10FPS.

Most games ran at 15 or 20, BTW.

Tinnus welcome to the forums. Glad to see that you've begun to delve more into the PSP scene.

SteveV2
August 8th, 2006, 21:33
Thanks for that, gonna give it a shot :)

Yep, that worked. Only thing is I got an ISO file, the guide got a winrar file. My image rared is just under half the size but it does not load. The image, unrared however, does :)

mavsman4457
August 8th, 2006, 22:02
Does anybody know where I can get a cheap memory card to USB adapter that I will be needing to put my game saves on my PSP.

Video_freak
August 8th, 2006, 22:08
Does anybody know where I can get a cheap memory card to USB adapter that I will be needing to put my game saves on my PSP.
you could just buy a mini-b to USB adapter so you can connect your PSP to your computer. those are usually cheaper and are sold pretty much everywhere :)

tsurumaru
August 8th, 2006, 22:49
you could just buy a mini-b to USB adapter so you can connect your PSP to your computer. those are usually cheaper and are sold pretty much everywhere :)

I think he's more asking how he can get his saves off his PSone memory cards.

Now I think I've got a PSX with a com port on it (one of the early models) however these were removed on the later models so the question still stands. How to get your saves from your PSone memory cards to your computer?

Any ideas anyone?

SteveV2
August 8th, 2006, 23:00
I think he's more asking how he can get his saves off his PSone memory cards.

Now I think I've got a PSX with a com port on it (one of the early models) however these were removed on the later models so the question still stands. How to get your saves from your PSone memory cards to your computer?

Any ideas anyone?

Didn't the PS2 have something that would connect to a pc to save you games and manage your memory cards? If so it may be possible like that.

Personally i'd rather start afresh.

tsurumaru
August 8th, 2006, 23:14
Didn't the PS2 have something that would connect to a pc to save you games and manage your memory cards? If so it may be possible like that.

Personally i'd rather start afresh.

I missed out the PS2 stage LOL, I have a lot of games like Vandal Hearts and Star Ocean 2 that I got 20 hours into but didn't complete. It would be nice if I could finally finish them! :)

dagger89
August 8th, 2006, 23:19
There are ways.... however, most are pretty illegal and involve a mod to the psx.... and I'm not sure the exact steps on a ps1, but I know how the ps2 works....

Ur best bet is to use a save from gamefaqs if u can't dump it...

NoQuarter
August 9th, 2006, 01:13
I know you can back up your ps2 saves to the computer using max media and your psp probably works with a ps1 cards as well.

mavsman4457
August 9th, 2006, 01:59
I know you can back up your ps2 saves to the computer using max media and your psp probably works with a ps1 cards as well.

This seems like it may be my choice. I have seen Action Replay and Max Drive. Max Drive looks like it was just made for saves while Action Replay has other features like making homebrew playable on PS2 (I think that is a feature but I may have misread it because it sounds too good to be true). Does anyone else have input on this?

Max Drive: http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/customer/product.php?productid=2060

Action Replay: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-q-47-froogle-70-9qc.html

Edit: Do I NEED to have one of these things specially made for PS2 or could I just get a normal flash drive?

NoQuarter
August 9th, 2006, 02:34
Max media is just a disk you put in the ps2.Then you connect the psp or flash drive to the ps2 via usb.Most game stores have a copy of this,I got mine at bestbuy last year.I'm wondering if I can use maxmedia to put homebrew on my ps2?I know It'll copy game saves just don't know all the detail in regards to title.db.Is title.db included with the game save,Is maxmedia capable of transfering this file?Anybody know?Sorry if that was a little off topic.Can't wait to play my copy of oddworld on my psp!

steve06x
August 9th, 2006, 03:29
comeon comeon comeon we need a PSX EMU!

pkmaximum
August 9th, 2006, 03:48
Alll I can say to a statement like that is "Don't hold your breath"

Mr. Shizzy
August 9th, 2006, 04:28
I've been thinking. How will/should the controlls be mapped on PSP? The missing R2 & L2 buttons will be a hurdle.

DPyro
August 9th, 2006, 04:32
Early PS1 games didnt even have R2/L2 buttons

mavsman4457
August 9th, 2006, 04:35
And early PS1 games didn't have analog sticks either so it could use the analog stick. And it would be a very good idea to have the option to have different controls for each game because some games don't use certain buttons.

Kramer
August 9th, 2006, 04:41
so sniper do you have anything new to tell us about this emu since you know whos working on it.

DPyro
August 9th, 2006, 04:57
Nope

NJisMYhome
August 9th, 2006, 05:07
i dont even need the r2 and l2, im juz using this to play chrono cross, ff7 & 8. but what if u wantd to play metal gear solid wen ur fighting physkosis, u need to change the ports of the controllers, how will that work??????

SpacemanSpiff
August 9th, 2006, 05:13
Simple, add an option to switch the controller to the second port

the one and only
August 9th, 2006, 05:21
woot hogs of war, fingers crossedd there will be ore info soon
EDIT:(incase any1 hasnt read the entire article source, here it is)(translated from french)

Emulators Nintendo, Sιga and others...

Everyone knows that Sony will leave a PSone emulator for its PSP and that one will need upgrader to make use of it. PSP-GENERATION has just obtained exclusive information: another PSone emulator is under development, and will leave perhaps even before that Sony. This last will be free and function with the images of your own plays PSX. To know some more, click on continuation.

- To let this stringcourse of pub post itself enables us to continue adventure PSP-GENERATION -
Click here to visit our sponsor

I would not quote any source (secrecy obliges) but I can say to you to have already had an outline of what this future emulator will give. A version beta, not forcing put in public domain, should be testable in an immediate future.

- the support of the sound

- At least 50FPS

- the support of the images compressed in DAX or CIS

- the support of WiFi for the multijouor mode

- other functions will come to be grafted progressively.

This should be born before the end of the summer and, at all events, before the exit of the official emulator. In any case it is what is announced

This news was made with an aim of informing you of this news, far from being alleviating, and reassuring the owners of PSP not wanting upgrader.

Source: deprived.

chrisrulz555
August 9th, 2006, 08:01
So Sniper why wont you tell us? Is there some reason the coders identity has to stay a secret till the release?

V3N0M
August 9th, 2006, 08:49
So Sniper why wont you tell us? Is there some reason the coders identity has to stay a secret till the release?

Well if you would think before you speak. And read the entire thread you would all ready know who's working on it. Now its just a matter of them saying they are. But as $n!per has done with everyone for the last 20 pgs lol. I'll give you a hint-The people that are said to be making this emu, Are well-known, creditable and have made other things for the psp. So as of right now the question is not "who is said to be working on this emu", but "If they say they are." That right there would be enough proof. As they are creditable people. But for now we just need to sit back and see how this all plays out. Now I've been here a while and seen things play out before. I've seen fakes and i've seen real things that people thought were fake or were not possible. But in fact they were real. So even tho there are red flags there are things countering them too. So as of right now i wouldn't make an accusation. But to let people know $n!per is ok in my book. Even tho he enjoys letting people slowly figure things out without actualy telling them:) He is a creditable person and from what i've seen he has never made anything up nor has he lied about anything this important on a public scale.
So no worrys, Things of this matter play out one way or another. :cool:

chrisrulz555
August 9th, 2006, 12:00
Well if you would think before you speak. And read the entire thread you would all ready know who's working on it. Now its just a matter of them saying they are. But as $n!per has done with everyone for the last 20 pgs lol. I'll give you a hint-The people that are said to be making this emu, Are well-known, creditable and have made other things for the psp. So as of right now the question is not "who is said to be working on this emu", but "If they say they are." That right there would be enough proof. As they are creditable people. But for now we just need to sit back and see how this all plays out. Now I've been here a while and seen things play out before. I've seen fakes and i've seen real things that people thought were fake or were not possible. But in fact they were real. So even tho there are red flags there are things countering them too. So as of right now i wouldn't make an accusation. But to let people know $n!per is ok in my book. Even tho he enjoys letting people slowly figure things out without actualy telling them:) He is a creditable person and from what i've seen he has never made anything up nor has he lied about anything this important on a public scale.
So no worrys, Things of this matter play out one way or another. :cool:

Yeah I see what your getting at but some of us dont have the time to sit around and read 22 pages on a thread, we just skip to certain pages and read those. I also hope this turns out for the best as the scene has been let down too many times by fakes.

aries2k4
August 9th, 2006, 17:08
Hm, wait a minute. I know who one of the coders is but haven΄t figured anymore and I read all 22 pages.
Must have missed a couple of clues. unless Ma...... is also working on it, but I thought he was just showing support for the other coder.

Video_freak
August 9th, 2006, 17:09
i'll just wait for the releases to find out who the coders are. i can wait :D

brainpan
August 9th, 2006, 17:58
It really cracks me up that the PSOne was originally planned as an addon for the SNES........ ha ha ha :D

mavsman4457
August 9th, 2006, 18:24
It really cracks me up that the PSOne was originally planned as an addon for the SNES........ ha ha ha :D

I never knew that.

Video_freak
August 9th, 2006, 19:27
me neither. i guess you learn something new everyday...:)

nyrtrublue
August 9th, 2006, 20:38
yeah nintendo thought it would be a total waste of money.

Anyway I was on a site looking for a copy of Mario and I saw two download sections A psone iso section and a PSX section I always thought they were exactly the same is there a difference i should know about?

jak66
August 9th, 2006, 20:43
Only difference between the psx and psone was the psx was bigger, grey and could use things like action replay wasn't it?

dagger89
August 9th, 2006, 20:45
yeah nintendo thought it would be a total waste of money.

Anyway I was on a site looking for a copy of Mario and I saw two download sections A psone iso section and a PSX section I always thought they were exactly the same is there a difference i should know about?

Its the same thing.... the ps1 was originally called the psx (think about it, did we know there was going to be a ps2 back then?)

Accordion
August 9th, 2006, 20:45
actually the PSX was a media centre PS2 with a hard drive and some other stuff, japan only- failed

dagger89
August 9th, 2006, 20:48
actually the PSX was a media centre PS2 with a hard drive and some other stuff, japan only- failed
But b4 that failure, every1 refered to the PS1 as the psx, i even have old mags saying psx games- Final Fantasy 8...

jak66
August 9th, 2006, 20:51
oh, that psx, tried to be a sky plus box and ps2 wrapped into one

I've been thinking. How will/should the controlls be mapped on PSP? The missing R2 & L2 buttons will be a hurdle.

-.-, it could be a case of hold r then use triangle for l2, square for l1, cross for r1 and circle for r2, and that way l could be use as a go to iso select menu button

Apoklepz
August 9th, 2006, 20:52
Yes, everyone refered to the PS1 later as PSX because of the magazine with the same name.

dagger89
August 9th, 2006, 21:18
Yes, everyone refered to the PS1 later as PSX because of the magazine with the same name.

PSXtreme, yup, I still have sum of the original magazines

weirdelf
August 9th, 2006, 22:30
I always just called it the Playstation

acn010
August 9th, 2006, 22:40
playstation...........
emulator.............
blegh.............

LDChen
August 10th, 2006, 11:49

- The support of the sound
- At least 50FPS
- The support of the images compressed in DAX or CIS
- The support of WiFi for the multijouor mode
- Other functions will come to be grafted progressively.

Mmmm...
To tell you the truth, I would have fear to release a PSX emulator for PSP with all these properties! (because Sony...)
Me too, I really wonder who these brave coders are.
However, PSX games can run to 50 or 60 FPS depending on the game region.
This is the vertical sync frequency and not the true frames painted on the screen (this depends on the GPU usage) and this is a thing that all PSX coders need to know.
For this reason, the "At least 50FPS" sentence doesn't have much sense for me... very strange...

Sincerely,

LDChen

pkmaximum
August 10th, 2006, 18:23
I believe what they are trying to state is "expect and PSX emulator with full speed" Trust me its very unlikeley seeming the fact that no one ever heard of the team working behind this emulator even so I'm not sure on what to expect on news like this. All I can say though is Wraggster, and Snipa seem to have a bit of confidence so my impression is we just be patient and see what happens.

Tinnus
August 10th, 2006, 23:20
Mmmm...
To tell you the truth, I would have fear to release a PSX emulator for PSP with all these properties! (because Sony...)
Me too, I really wonder who these brave coders are.
However, PSX games can run to 50 or 60 FPS depending on the game region.
This is the vertical sync frequency and not the true frames painted on the screen (this depends on the GPU usage) and this is a thing that all PSX coders need to know.
For this reason, the "At least 50FPS" sentence doesn't have much sense for me... very strange...

Sincerely,

LDChen
I also found that a bit strange. Even though they could have said that so ordunary people "udnerstand" or "feel" like 50/60 of the real PS1 speed, I don't think that's something a coder would say. Unless someone heard/read something and distorted it. But then again, in that case we couldn't give credit to the other statements as well.

That 50FPS sentence was which sounded the most weird when I first read the entire thing to be exact. The whole thing seems too "unreal" to me. Statements saying "we'll have a near fullspeed PS1 emulator with adhoc multiplayer" without a video or even a picture of something...

Seems a little bogus to me.

despoteuodia
August 11th, 2006, 00:17

uhh and wifi? doubtfull, but that would kick so much! i would like to play some ps1 games on the go like crash bash on wifi! or tetris plus tomb raider!
yay-ams! (my word dont steal it)

raphabot
August 11th, 2006, 00:52
look what i just found at google video!!!!11

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7692863360750042606

ive re-uploadde it to youtube for those who prefer it, see!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9b5xuvuaZE

mavsman4457
August 11th, 2006, 02:19
That's a pretty cute video. It's so real!!! This is the first time I've said fake in this thread.

Edit: I was attempting to call this video fake in some sort of clever way but no disrespect to the poster, I don't think it's real.

pkmaximum
August 11th, 2006, 02:26
Hmmmm it is intersting though if this person is hoaxing he is not one of those people (PSdonkey) "I got it full speed with sounds, its all kool yo =]" More like "This is my progress so far and I hope to see a lot more out of it by the end of the summer with dillegence" Well I'm interested in seeing were this goes as I'm sure we all want PSX on our PSP's =]

mavsman4457
August 11th, 2006, 02:55
More news posted about this emulator from that french source. It is called PSXP for PSX Portable. I am not really sure because the translation was pretty bad but it sounded like the person who posted this news got a beta release and it was running at 14 fps. Also a release date of September 1st was thrown out. I couldn't really figure out if that was referring to the actual release date or what people have suggested. Well I think that's the most important stuff. Oh yah, there was also mention of a video by the end of the weekend making a dream but again I could not tell what that means. Whether it means a video will come out or that would be exciting if it did.

Edit: Someone who knows French needs to clarify this stuff.

Edit: Reading stuff that is google translated is so funny, "Ok for the news which is a news special because it does not teach us large thing moreover…" That was someone's opinion on the news.

Kramer
August 11th, 2006, 03:02
cool can you give us a link

mavsman4457
August 11th, 2006, 03:41
I don't think wraggster wants me to. I'll wait for his approval.

pkmaximum
August 11th, 2006, 03:47
well sounds good I like the way the news is unravelling instead of hearing "I have a full speed emu, but not going to release it yet because its not ready XD."

Kramer
August 11th, 2006, 03:52
alrighty then thats cool

dagger89
August 11th, 2006, 05:15
he plans to gain 30+ fps in about 20 days...plus sound... and adhoc... if it was true, the coders should distro it through torrents...no site can get knocked 4 hosting it, if its a torrent....

And here's the most important question. Why is this French site the only 1 receiving DIRECT news...i nvr seen that site b4, and there r plenty of big sites...

As 4 the vid...well lets look back at WAB, PSDonkey, and PSPDizaster...

Edit- is it just me or did they just say it would hit 25-30 fps rather than 50...

DPyro
August 11th, 2006, 05:25
...Because its a French site, and the coders happen to be french?

dagger89
August 11th, 2006, 05:36
...Because its a French site, and the coders happen to be french?
true, but i would think that they would rather send it to a bigger site...w/e...and does the new news say it will only hit 25-30 fps, or is google screwing up?

DPyro
August 11th, 2006, 05:43
It says their currently at 15fps and are hoping to achieve 25/30fps by sept 1...

the one and only
August 11th, 2006, 05:45
yay. so this is not bs WOOT

dagger89
August 11th, 2006, 05:51
THAT sounds more reasonable...too bad i start college classes the day b4, and HS classes a few days l8r...T_T...