PDA

View Full Version : Will Sony Counter Nintendo With a Pink PSP

wraggster
August 7th, 2006, 21:50
http://www.decalgirl.com/prodimg/psp/asterix-pink-350.jpg

Whether you love or hate Nintendo, they sure can market their consoles and the recent release of the Pink DS Lite has surged sales in Japan through the roof.

Isnt it time Sony smartened up to the fact that a Pink PSP would be attractive to the Female population as well as being a good xmas present for blokes looking to get the females into gaming.

Would you buy your Daughter/Wife/Girlfriend a Pink PSP ?

QueadlunnRau
August 7th, 2006, 21:51
Would you buy your Daughter/Wife/Girlfriend a Pink PSP ?

Hell yeah I would!!! I think it would be nice to play PSP with my daughter

xiringu
August 7th, 2006, 21:58
on these days where people has already been changing the looks of the mobile phones for ages, anything goes.

what I don't understand is why Sony didn't make the covers changeable so people could buy custom covers on the street and install them painlessly and "legally" (without breaking the psp :) )

Shinto
August 7th, 2006, 22:00
no I would never buy a pink psp!! my sister would hate me for ever, if i would give her a pink one. White is much better, and the black PSP too.

NoQuarter
August 7th, 2006, 22:00
I'll never understand why pink makes people wan't to buy,I mean IT'S PINK
what's the difference?We'll at least it'll match all the androgynous youth's clothes.

felonyr301
August 7th, 2006, 22:01
are you crazy its business 101 or Sony 101 if it doesnt make us a gajillion dollars then it aint worth it lol anyways im thinking of buying my sis the psp but i know she doesnt like this pink one so im getting her the white one ohh and question guys how hard is it to get a white psp that has the capability to be 1.5 you know at least able to be downgraded or so any help will be appreciated.

NoQuarter
August 7th, 2006, 22:12
lol,I guess it is business 101,we are very color oriented mostly because of media indoctrination.Oh yeah there is survival too,don't eat the red berries.What's up with the lack of white psp's in America sony?

Emeriastone
August 7th, 2006, 22:32
I already bought my gf a 1.5! It beats the pink.

Jmax
August 7th, 2006, 22:37
...Thats purple..

dejkirkby
August 7th, 2006, 22:42
My wife would kill for a pink psp

felonyr301
August 7th, 2006, 22:55
actually its neon pink to me which makes it kinda purple there i said it lol.

NoQuarter
August 7th, 2006, 23:00
The pic looks like a replacement face plate,there's no official logo on it.

Briggzy11
August 7th, 2006, 23:12
Well Wragg my Girlfriend made me (Well forced me lol) to get her a white PSP and I managed to put black tribal stickers around it for her, she totally loved that and I got a present in return (No pun intended lol)

A pink PSP will make no difference, it'll just have a different motherboard again so no homebrew will be available...

My GF just loves homebrew I get from here...

NoQuarter
August 7th, 2006, 23:13
That really cool that your girl plays psp,props to you man!

SSaxdude
August 7th, 2006, 23:21
Women would think the pink is cool, but be aggravated at the load times.

ACID
August 7th, 2006, 23:23
...Thats purple..
Actually is magenta. It looks nice:D

slayer2psp
August 8th, 2006, 00:29
who cares what the color is. most girls i know hate pink anyways

Video_freak
August 8th, 2006, 00:38
who cares what the color is. most girls i know hate pink anyways
ya, me too! if i ever gqve my sister q pink psp, she would just exchange it for a black one :rolleyes:

Wally
August 8th, 2006, 01:14
I dont get why most companies think all girls like Pink.... Its not going to work and thats final.

If they release more colors then maybe it will :) (Im a sucker for Blue)

AtariFreek
August 8th, 2006, 02:03
Red'll Get Me For Sure...A Red AND Black PSP, Oh And My Girlfriend HATES Pink. Shes A Blue Person.
Sony Should've Made Legal Faceplates.

Jmax
August 8th, 2006, 04:08
Zomg, a blue PSP, I would get that.

spudd_aus
August 8th, 2006, 04:46
Not in pink, but i think if sony released the PSP in a variety of different colours (Red, Blue maybe green, etc.) a lot of people will trade in or get a second just to get their psp in their favorite colour.

Voltron
August 8th, 2006, 07:40
Might be a good way to convince girlfriend in getting a PSP.

Believe it or not the PSP is popular with girls, young and old.

Briggzy11
August 8th, 2006, 08:17
That really cool that your girl plays psp,props to you man!

haha cheers buddy, its so embarassing but at the same time I am proud to say that she actually beat me at GTA last night lol I thought I was a god on that game.

Nah the Pink would be a good PSP but then again why should we have to wait for sony to bring one out when you can just get a face plate, there cheaper (I guess about $100 cheaper lol) and can be replaced.

ryan_rocks29
August 8th, 2006, 08:31
Pink wouldn't sell, trust me. Hardly any girls like the PSP compared to the DS Lite. The DS Lite is more simpler to use and is more stylish, like the iPod. On the other hand, the PSP looks more complicated and more of a 'guys' toy. From what I know, girls see the PSP as more of a 'nerds' toy, if not, just a 'guys' toy. I am not criticizing the PSP, as I own one, and love it, I just think that Pink wont sell, unless a lot of guys who 'bat for the other team' buy them, if you know what I mean :D

Briggzy11
August 8th, 2006, 11:35
I just think that Pink wont sell, unless a lot of guys who 'bat for the other team' buy them, if you know what I mean :D

I am sorry but I just had to quote this haha I aint heard no one say that let alone type it for ages...

...But to be honest I dont think a colour can make you think your batting for the other team, I like pink its a boomshank colour and im straight :D

Nintendo can have Pink because little girlies can buy it to play pokemon and nintendogs. PSP gamers can stick to Black and white because these are like the main colours for all hardware now.

Everything I have is black, my iPod, Phone (Samsung D600), PSP, PC, Xbox, Xbox 360 (Using Faceplates), PS2, Dreamcast (I coloured it myself :D) I can go on.

Its really just another way for Sony to make more money and ruin the proud psp scene.

Voltron
August 8th, 2006, 12:12
Pink wouldn't sell, trust me. Hardly any girls like the PSP compared to the DS Lite.

I don't know about the color, but the PSP in general is pretty popular with kids. Both boys and girls. My niece's friend (8yrs old) was just saying the other day that she was hoping for a PSP for Christmas. I guess her parents were giving her a choice between that and an iPod.

Mystic8277
August 8th, 2006, 17:50
Red'll Get Me For Sure...A Red AND Black PSP, Oh And My Girlfriend HATES Pink. Shes A Blue Person.
Sony Should've Made Legal Faceplates.
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4956/myfuturepspuw1.th.jpg (http://img443.imageshack.us/my.php?image=myfuturepspuw1.jpg)

Video_freak
August 8th, 2006, 18:27
that red and black PSP is really nice. i would pay $$$ for one :) (as long as it came with 1.5 of course ;))

NeoXCS
August 8th, 2006, 22:26
My girlfriend hates pink with a passion! :p She loves the color black so if i bought her a PSP she would like that most. I just let her play mine anyway! :p It's a love thing! XD

felonyr301
August 8th, 2006, 23:12
"bat for the other team" wow lmao havent heard that for awhile man good one..

Gene
August 9th, 2006, 03:20
my girlfriend likes red, so sorry....