PDA

View Full Version : DreamSnes Team Help Out SuperFamicast

DCEmu_Newsposter
May 14th, 2004, 01:33
Major News for the Dreamcast Scene :)[br][br]Marcus Comstedt and the DreamSnes team (The Authors of the best Snes Emu for the Dreamcast to date) have given to Scherzo the CPU Core thats written in SH4, with that and other help from the talent in the Dreamcast scene, we may yet see the famed Full speed Snes Emulator.[br][br]Read the rest of Scherzos News on This Forum Topic (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=dcemu;action=display;num=1082494155; start=75) [br][br]Nice to see the DreamSnes team helping Scherzo out :)

Christuserloeser
May 14th, 2004, 02:38
No, a major speed-up may be correct but it won't be "full speed".

The main problem with SNES emulation still are grfx and sound/music...

But let's wait, Scherzo should take the time he'll need and I bet that v02 won't be the last release of SuperFamicast anyway ;)

quzar
May 14th, 2004, 05:42
Well, the biggest advantage dsnes has over sfc was the sh4 core, so this will bump up speed something between 5-10-% bringing it much closer to the speed of DSNES and keeping its higher compatability and such things as zip support.

Christuserloeser
May 14th, 2004, 06:47
5-10%! That's a huge speed up, isn't it?

Scherzo definitly could be able to get SNES emulation on DC to near full speed within this year... No doubt about it!

I was just trying to say that the SH4 code isn't the only problem with porting SNES9x to DC and optimizing it for proper speed.

There will be room for another release after that the sh4 core was implemented and the music is in sync.

I am really excited to see the development... :)

It's time for our DreamSNES discs to gather some dust, the future belongs to SuperFamicast!

quzar
May 14th, 2004, 07:13
i think this will bring SFC to a point of being equal to DSNES. Slower in speed slightly, but with higher compatability.

Christuserloeser
May 14th, 2004, 07:49
Doesn't SuperFamicast even support save states? :o