Clessy
May 12th, 2004, 01:24
Phantasy Star 4: 219
Sonic The Hedgehog: 183
Sonic 3: 285
Sonic & Knuckels: 285
Sonic 3 & knuckels: 285
Thunder Force 2: 219

MY suggestion is on the next release that you set the engine at a permanite underclock at 219. This will probably break alot of game however its what alot of game seem to need as there speed.

Any games that are broke apon that release can be preported and then tested for there extact clock rate.
The once you have enough of the broken games clock rates you could use the underclocking chart for any games on the list that where broken. I think it would be much easier that way then checking over 2000 games to begin with. At least this way limits the list down.

wraggster
May 12th, 2004, 01:39
Can i ask what those numbers mean Clessy, ?

WHurricane16
May 12th, 2004, 01:42
He doesn't even know.

wraggster
May 12th, 2004, 01:48
is it to do with Black Auras Genesis Plus Port?

Clessy
May 12th, 2004, 02:31
Storminator16 go **** yourself in the ass if you choose to always be a tard.
Wraggster there the engine underclock numbers for Gens+ ported by BA. He said no one was usefull in reporting speeds so I just tested a handfull today. I will do a lil bit aday.

BlackAura
May 12th, 2004, 03:45
Cool. Thanks.

I need to work out how to store the ROM database though. I think I can find a list of ROM CRCs on the net somewhere, so I need to sort it out by game, and get all that stuff set up...

quzar
May 12th, 2004, 07:00
if you wanna go the cheap way, just do it by filename. that way at least users wont burn useless discs just oddly clocked ones lol.

BlackAura
May 12th, 2004, 07:23
Yeah, but that's just a crappy way to do things. I think it'd be better if the emulator can identify the ROMs without having to give them specific names.

I did have a ROM database (well, ROM identifier) working in a Mega Drive emulator I was working on a while ago (PC-only, never finished it). The CRC database was lifted from MESS. With a few modifications, it'd probably do the trick quite nicely.

quzar
May 12th, 2004, 07:34
Do genesis games have headers? if so that would probably be the best route because then it would allow for different versions of the same games...

BlackAura
May 12th, 2004, 11:03
They do, but not all games have a properly filled out header, and some versions of the same game have different names in the headers.