PDA

View Full Version : Sonys Milo Communicator

wraggster
August 8th, 2006, 17:01
Seems that Sony has borrowed ideas from the PSP for its lates bit of hardware, the question i ask is when do we get a Keyboard for the PSP:

Heres a screen and the info:

http://news.sel.sony.com/images/medium/consumer/computer_peripheral/mylo_Final_Shot_300dpi_med.jpg

Sony is launching its first WiFi broadband communication and entertainment device to capitalize on the growth of wireless Internet access. The new mylo™ personal communicator is capable of operating in any open 802.11b wireless network, often found on college campuses, in public spaces and within private homes around the country.

This product is designed for people who use instant messaging as a primary form of communication and networking for their social life. The name mylo stands for “my life online” and the communicator lets you use instant messaging, browse the Internet, listen to music, send emails and view photos concurrently.

Small enough for a pocket or purse, the slim, oblong-shaped device features a 2.4 inch color LCD (measured diagonally) with a slide out QWERTY keyboard for comfortable and quick thumb typing.

The device, available in black or white, comes embedded with popular instant messaging services: the Google Talk™ instant messaging service, Skype and Yahoo! Messenger™. These services are free and the product does not require initial computer setup or a monthly service contract.

“The mylo personal communicator puts the fun parts of a computer in the palm of your hand,” said John Kodera, director of product marketing for personal communication devices at Sony Electronics. “It’s ideal for people who want to stay connected to their online friends and family, but not be weighed down by a PC or buffeted by charges for IM and texting on cell phones.”

I wonder if a PSP2 would feature a keyboard like this new hardware from Sony ?

Video_freak
August 8th, 2006, 17:06
I hope we get a keyboard for PSP. :( The mylo could sell well if it isn't too expensive.

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_BrowseCatalog-Start?CategoryName=pa_PersonalCommunicators&Dept=audio
It says the mylo has 1gb internal memory and that you can make Skype calls :)
Says mylo is available in September :)

rax
August 8th, 2006, 17:06
Now thats the kind of keyboard they should make for the psp...the thing is i dont think there wil be a keyboard anytime soon for the psp...they will want to push the Milo.

pkmusicmaker
August 8th, 2006, 17:50
This thing doesn't have AOL Instant Messenger? At least 95% of people use that.. weird.

Video_freak
August 8th, 2006, 17:58
ya that is weird. you'll probably be able to add AIM later (i hope)

Gene
August 8th, 2006, 18:35
most likely its gonna cost at least 200+ dolars so i wont get one. plus doesnt the psp already have that stuff from help with some homebrews? i think its just another rip off psp.

felonyr301
August 8th, 2006, 18:36
once again sony screws up something in the mix (psp=memory stick standard) lol not surprise they better fix that and have aim somewhere in there.

Accordion
August 8th, 2006, 19:00
would it make more sense to fit it with a UMD drive...
could boost sales, if you could use umd movies on this thing.

battery life will be awful, considering the constant wifi usage...

Voltron
August 8th, 2006, 19:00
You know what? I kinda like this. I am online more than anything and mainly communicate online i.e., e-mail, IM, etc. So this would be handy for people who have almost constant access to WiFi.

I just wish it plays videos. I did not see video playback mentioned.

But a good friend of mine is a major player at a new company called Helio and their new phones with MySpace Mobile are really cool. So I may go that route for my next portable communications device.

The Helio devices are INSANE. Video, Games, etc. like you've never seen before. Check out the website here:

http://www.helio.com/page?p=homepage

bah
August 8th, 2006, 19:01
Now we see why the psp keyboard never went anywhere and the web browser is so poor.

Just buy this all new device we make, its made just for that!

*sigh*

Video_freak
August 8th, 2006, 19:18
Now we see why the psp keyboard never went anywhere and the web browser is so poor.

Just buy this all new device we make, its made just for that!

*sigh*
that's $ony alright. same old same old :(

Apoklepz
August 8th, 2006, 20:50
Where's my PSP keyboard SONY?? meh....I wonder how long it'll take before someone xploits their next bitch.

Better yet....How fast will the updates comeout for this one?

Stew2000
August 8th, 2006, 20:55
It looks interesting, but I think I would only buy it if the world had wi-fi coverage like mobile phones, so I can use it anywhere. otherwise I would just send emails from my own PC at home.

Video_freak
August 8th, 2006, 20:56
It looks interesting, but I think I would only buy it if the world had wi-fi coverage like mobile phones, so I can use it anywhere. otherwise I would just send emails from my own PC at home.
ya but then you would have to pay for coverage, instead of just buying a router

ACID
August 8th, 2006, 20:58
Looks ugly thats all i can say.

Man
August 8th, 2006, 21:16
You know what? I kinda like this. I am online more than anything and mainly communicate online i.e., e-mail, IM, etc. So this would be handy for people who have almost constant access to WiFi.

I just wish it plays videos. I did not see video playback mentioned.

But a good friend of mine is a major player at a new company called Helio and their new phones with MySpace Mobile are really cool. So I may go that route for my next portable communications device.

The Helio devices are INSANE. Video, Games, etc. like you've never seen before. Check out the website here:

http://www.helio.com/page?p=homepage

Those look soo awsome, i want one, but they dont appear to have service in canada:(, correct me if im wrong, oh ya sonys new device looks stupid, and i have a PSP im not buying another over priced sony product.

Mysteryman
August 9th, 2006, 05:22
Yah it uses several other instant messenger services. And it allows people to view videos. To be honest I like the product. Heres a link to a better story about it http://news.sel.sony.com/en/press_room/consumer/computer_peripheral/release/24061.html this on includes some stuff.

handful
August 9th, 2006, 15:34
95% AIM? only in the US you mean right? Over the world unfortunately MSN is the biggest, followed by Yahoo. Aol shitty messaging is by no way a leader

Video_freak
August 9th, 2006, 15:37
i personally hate AIM. i prefer MSN by far. i dont know, maybe i just got used to it....

nexus68
August 9th, 2006, 20:10
screen is too small.