PDA

View Full Version : More XBLA release dates

wraggster
August 8th, 2006, 18:03
Microsoft will fulfil its ambition to deliver games to Live Arcade once a week after the current run of Wednesday releases finishes, according to a report from the UK Official Xbox Magazine website.

OXM states that this Wednesday's Pac-Man release will be followed by Texas Hold 'Em (Aug 16), Time Pilot (Aug 23), Scramble (Aug 30) and Lumines Live (Sept 6).

Good news then? Well yes, providing it's true - but while the mag lists Microsoft as a source, yesterday the US arm of the company dismissed the dates as "rumour and speculation" and said it would release a proper schedule in the coming weeks.

We're still waiting for clarification from Microsoft's UK representatives.

Late last month, when asked by Joystiq whether we'd see as many as 30 titles on Xbox Live Arcade this year, worldwide games portfolio manager Ross Erickson said the company would "certainly have enough games in the pipeline - more than enough, in fact - to achieve that goal on a weekly basis".

KultiVator
August 8th, 2006, 21:33
If this is true - I'll be snapping up a full copy of TimePilot faster than you can say "One of the best shoot em ups of all time".

The new graphical touches looked pretty cool too!!!

One to watch, young-uns! Especially if the controls have been properly adapted to the analogue sticks.

KultiVator

MasterChafed
August 9th, 2006, 11:58
I'll be keeping my eyes on the lumines live, for sure. I LOVE LUMINES!!