PDA

View Full Version : ASLI Beta-1

wraggster
June 30th, 2010, 00:45
News/release from mootjeuh (http://forums.qj.net/psp-development-forum/168766-new-file-added-asli-beta-1-a.html)

Hey guys, back with a new homebrew
now, just before you start reading, even though the title says beta, there are absolutely no bugs, so if something goes wrong, its your fault
Okay, and now to explain the title, ASLI stands for A Simple Lua (script) Interpreter, this little homebrew is one-of-a-kind, its general purpose, is to give a pspsdk in lua, so no pre-made functions like HM, PGE, and LPE offer.
Its currently not the best interpreter to choose if you want to make a shell with it, i made it so its faster than any other one (yes, even lpe), and uses SDL as rendering engine. (so this is for making games)
Its still far from being complete but i'm releasing this now because I'm going on vacation tomorrow and won't be working on it for weeks, so....
I've ported most of the SDL functions; SDL, SDL_image, SDL_ttf, SDL_mixer, SDL_video (except for YUV rendering), SDL_keyboard, SDL_joystick and SDL_timer. And all of those work perfectly.
I ported the functions memalign and malloc from malloc.h because they're extremely useful, at least for me. And for the pspsdk, I didn't do much, only the necessary for making an awesome game: pspctrl, pspdebug and pspdebugkb.
And I went over to LuaForge and grabbed some implementations of useful libraries: zlib and lua BitOP (for bitwise operations in Lua)
So, still no GU or pspiofilemgr, but I promise, I'll add them as soon as I can.
If you've got suggestions for new functions post here, and I'll what I can do.
And please, take a look at LuaForge, there are some pretty awesome Lua libraries.

Awesome examples are included
And one last thing, enjoy!